or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1235

post #18511 of 20611
Looking to buy a pair of Acne Max Cash's. I fit 28 in N&F skinny guy (skinny fitting on me), and 27 in APC petit standard (also skinny fitting on me). Looking for a slim (not skinny) fit in the max, would 28 be appropriate? i am aware they dont go smaller than 28 and i know they run large so i dont know if it would be worth it just to go with another brand. thanks!
post #18512 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

No.  I can barely button the top button - I could maybe size down one more in the waist due to stretch but it would be too tight in the thighs, but there's no way it's too loose now.

I sized down one, if I sized down three as you suggested there's no way in earth they'd fit over my thighs.

sorry, i was just drunk and kidding around. don't understand what you mean by sliding off then? the rise, front and back, is relatively high on ns, this shouldn't be a problem..
also just for the record the whole 'size down xxx' is a very approximate guideline, body shapes are so different. i have been able to go down 4 but that's basically because i'm an ectomorph whose thighs don't particularly bulk up however much i squat.
post #18513 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 View Post


sorry, i was just drunk and kidding around. don't understand what you mean by sliding off then? the rise, front and back, is relatively high on ns, this shouldn't be a problem..
also just for the record the whole 'size down xxx' is a very approximate guideline, body shapes are so different. i have been able to go down 4 but that's basically because i'm an ectomorph whose thighs don't particularly bulk up however much i squat.

 

Yeah, I know haha, no worries.  I usually just size based on thighs cause of that - I don't go crazy with squats but I gain muscle really easily so my legs aren't tiny.  I'm gonna measure the rise and compare it to my pair of jeans that fit well - it might be fitting weird now just cause the waist is so tight.

post #18514 of 20611
I have big thighs from squatting and I sized down 2 no problem. Trouble buttoning at first, but they stretched out quick. They are now slightly loose. Unlike many other tighter-weave denim, APC NS thighs stretch, too.

You can help the waist along if you dampen it and slowly stretch the waist. I dampened the denim up top and just sagged them a bit - worked like a charm.
post #18515 of 20611

how much do wings+horns straight fit raws stretch (if at all)? black bird says minimally, but doesn't have measurements like self-edge would.

post #18516 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by marg View Post

I have big thighs from squatting and I sized down 2 no problem. Trouble buttoning at first, but they stretched out quick. They are now slightly loose. Unlike many other tighter-weave denim, APC NS thighs stretch, too.
You can help the waist along if you dampen it and slowly stretch the waist. I dampened the denim up top and just sagged them a bit - worked like a charm.

 

Do they have different denim than APC new cures? I found that my new cures never stretched in the thighs.

 

Also, when did you buy your APCs?  These are the new one, which are much less vanity-sized than they used to be.

post #18517 of 20611
I'm looking for something with a Dior 19cm-ish fit but harder wearing (less prone to fade, more durable). Does anyone have any suggestions?
post #18518 of 20611
I recently contacted the Juno proxy service in Japan, to inquire about procuring a pair of 45rpm Nando x Nado jeans. I just received a reply from Juno, to be told "they're sold out". Does anybody happen to know if that means for good?
post #18519 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkworks View Post

I'm looking for something with a Dior 19cm-ish fit but harder wearing (less prone to fade, more durable). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Iron Heart 301
post #18520 of 20611
IH 21ozer is quite a departure from 13-ish ... tough allover, but not really that hard to fade.
Natural indigo would be harder to fade. atm, i can't think of anything that fits the bill.

'Might wanna check these out, tho':
_Momo Nat. Indigo, slim tapered
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=10240&category_id=&manufacturer_id=42&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

_PBJ No-Fade blue, slim straight
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=6810&category_id=&manufacturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

_PBJ No-Fade black, slim tapered
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=7844&category_id=&manufacturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=9354&category_id=&manufacturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62
post #18521 of 20611

Hi. Is there any brand which has raw indigos which have (or fade to) a greenish hue? I've always liked greenish indigo jeans.

 

Thanks.

post #18522 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyPunch View Post

Hi. Is there any brand which has raw indigos which have (or fade to) a greenish hue? I've always liked greenish indigo jeans.

 

Thanks.

 

 

n/m noticed you said raw

post #18523 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyPunch View Post

Hi. Is there any brand which has raw indigos which have (or fade to) a greenish hue? I've always liked greenish indigo jeans.

 

Thanks.

 

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=1&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=10006&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

 

Sorta?  I think what you want is an indigo warp and a green weft...

post #18524 of 20611

I have a couple of jeans questions.  Please feel free to laugh or comment.  I grew up in the 90s and I have a collection of Evisu genes.  I stopped wearing them because I felt they may have been dated a bit - its not what I see the kids wearing nowadays...  I really liked the Evisu fit, but then I fell out of the denim craze and started to stick mostly to chino's/khaki's and a go to pair of Levi's Made and Crafted jeans.  I'm looking for comparable fitting jeans to Evisu.  I'm considering purchasing a couple pair of RRL jeans or PRPS - these two brands are my favorites in terms of design and styling. 

 

1) Are RRL and PRPS comparable to Evisu?

 

2) Please confirm if my Evisu genes are in fact dated and if I should consider tossing them or not?

post #18525 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExhibitA View Post

I have a couple of jeans questions.  Please feel free to laugh or comment.  I grew up in the 90s and I have a collection of Evisu genes.  I stopped wearing them because I felt they may have been dated a bit - its not what I see the kids wearing nowadays...  I really liked the Evisu fit, but then I fell out of the denim craze and started to stick mostly to chino's/khaki's and a go to pair of Levi's Made and Crafted jeans.  I'm looking for comparable fitting jeans to Evisu.  I'm considering purchasing a couple pair of RRL jeans or PRPS - these two brands are my favorites in terms of design and styling. 

 

1) Are RRL and PRPS comparable to Evisu?

 

2) Please confirm if my Evisu genes are in fact dated and if I should consider tossing them or not?

they may not be as hyped and their painted logo is obnoxious, but they were the first to successfully tap into the whole japanese take on levi's. as far as i know evisu was the first to use the original levi's loom machines. 

 

I haven't seen evisu's around. Prps are ok but the cuts are atrocious and boxy.. great if you have to actually work in them. RRL gets a lot of love. I really like Edwin Rebel Vintage if you're going for that kind of classic levi's look. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.