or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1233

post #18481 of 20892

Anyone know of a place that does chainstitch hemming anywhere from Orange County to San Diego? Don't really want to go all the way up to LA if I don't have to.

post #18482 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglEvan View Post

I've tried out the whole modern skinny cut jeans thing and decided that it's not for me. I'm looking to buy quality raw selvedge traditional slim/straight style jeans. I have a budget of around $250, but of course have no problem spending less (or a bit more if it makes a big difference). 

 

My current top pick is something like the Levi's Vintage Clothing 1947 Shrink-to-Fit 501. Anyone have any other recommendations/suggestions? I'm pretty lean, about 6'2" (188cm) and 175lb (80kg), but have a semi-large/athletic rear end and thighs due to sports. Thanks.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post


Look at the Rogue Territory Stanton. It will be a bit lower rise, but still maintain that slim-straight profile w/o being "skinny" Plus you'll be under budget.

 

The RGt Stanton is a great jean, but even though it is definitely not a "skinny" jean, the thigh fits a little more snug than other "slim" jeans.  The leg also tapers.  The Naked & Famous Slim Guy has more room in the thigh and has a truer straight leg fit.  Since you say you have a "semi-large" athletic rear and thighs, you might wanna check out the Slim Guys.

post #18483 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSmythe View Post

Do a hot soak with a decent amount of agitation to make sure you get all the shrinkage out then tailor them.

 

 

Forgive me for my dumbassery, but by hot soak, do you mean throw them in a hot bathtub full of water vs the washing machine?

 

Also, the waist size is perfect right now - not sure if I can spare an inch. Should I wear them as they dry so the waist doesn't shrink. or....? Shit this stuff is complicated lol.

 

 

Thanks for the advice guys. Raw denim definitely looks a lot better than the typical stuff.

post #18484 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker20 View Post

Forgive me for my dumbassery, but by hot soak, do you mean throw them in a hot bathtub full of water vs the washing machine?

Also, the waist size is perfect right now - not sure if I can spare an inch. Should I wear them as they dry so the waist doesn't shrink. or....? Shit this stuff is complicated lol.


Thanks for the advice guys. Raw denim definitely looks a lot better than the typical stuff.

Yup throw em in a hot bathtub and make sure you shake em around a little so they get completely soaked - washing in a washing machine apparently can damage them. The waist will stretch back out so you'll be fine.
post #18485 of 20892
^^do NOT soak, unless you want a flat, lifeless, non-crispy pair from the get-go. N&F are unsanforized so shrinkage will be minimal. Also, when its time to wash, a washing machine will do fine...JonSmythe has no idea what he's talking about.
post #18486 of 20892

just like I said on the last page. You don't have to soak them. It's pointless. Plus what Roy said, they wont be as crisp...you going to want to wear them for as long as possible before you soak/wash.

post #18487 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

You're overthinking it. Wear. Wash when needed.

Yeah okay but to wear them I need to shorten them. Should I just get them shortened and not bother washing them before or after?
post #18488 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyPunch View Post

Hi. Does anyone know how fast/slow PRPS fade compared to other brands? This is my first pair of raw denim, they have around 5 months of effective wear and they seem to be very slow to fade. I know I probably can't expect the same results as with some other brands such as Samurai, Flat Head, etc., and I have a desk job so they hardly get any hard wear, but..








That's not unusual because (1) you're sitting at a desk all day and (2) you haven't washed them at all. I had my APCs (which are notoriously quick to fade) for well over a year, wearing in a manner similar to yours before I started to see some good contrast. I'll also add, I'm closing on 2yrs in and after one hot soak and a machine wash, both hang dry, a week ago, fades are starting to look nice.

Good things come to those who wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglEvan View Post

I've tried out the whole modern skinny cut jeans thing and decided that it's not for me. I'm looking to buy quality raw selvedge traditional slim/straight style jeans. I have a budget of around $250, but of course have no problem spending less (or a bit more if it makes a big difference). 

My current top pick is something like the Levi's Vintage Clothing 1947 Shrink-to-Fit 501. Anyone have any other recommendations/suggestions? I'm pretty lean, about 6'2" (188cm) and 175lb (80kg), but have a semi-large/athletic rear end and thighs due to sports. Thanks.

Can't go wrong with the APC NS...straight fit and whatever tightness exists at first (couldn't wear them out of the house initially) quickly becomes a nice fitted, straight fit. AND only $175 last I checked. Can't miss for a quality pair of starter selvedge raw denim.
post #18489 of 20892

Does anyone have experience with Lanvin Raw denim? Any comparison with Dior?

post #18490 of 20892
According to MrPorter's measurements, they seem to be cut like Dior raw 17.5cms. So, skinny leg, low rise, fairly tight top block but nothing too crazy. It looks like the Lanvins are slightly lower rise (8.5") than Diors (9.5") in size 28, which is what I wear. I could see that being cool but also a little dangerous, haha.

They're made in Italy, which stinks if you're a denimhead.
post #18491 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post

According to MrPorter's measurements, they seem to be cut like Dior raw 17.5cms. So, skinny leg, low rise, fairly tight top block but nothing too crazy. It looks like the Lanvins are slightly lower rise (8.5") than Diors (9.5") in size 28, which is what I wear. I could see that being cool but also a little dangerous, haha.
They're made in Italy, which stinks if you're a denimhead.

Thanks! I couldn't find if they were MII or not, but that does indeed kind of suck. Most denim i've seen from italy is fairly delicate and seems to wear out quickly.

Why do you think its dangerous? drop crotch ? My calfs might rip through those if they're 17.5...sucks cause the Dior by me has been out of stock in MIJ for a while now. When they were in stock the only style they had was black in odd sizes. I like the way the lanvins look with boots on their lookbook though. 

post #18492 of 20892
Been looking at Samis for black denim that gets nice fades but looks like the cut I've been looking at is out of stock until early next year.

Any other black denim in the same ballpark that gets good fades that I could/should be checking out?
post #18493 of 20892

Hi does anyone know where I can get a pair of indigo coloured jeans like the below.

These are from Uniqlo, but whilst advertised on their site as straight leg jeans A(shown in the first images), they have obviously changed their style as when I received them they were far bluer (see third image)

Any help on where to get something similar would be class.

cheers

 

advertised

 

 

 

actual colour

post #18494 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

Been looking at Samis for black denim that gets nice fades but looks like the cut I've been looking at is out of stock until early next year.
Any other black denim in the same ballpark that gets good fades that I could/should be checking out?

I would wait for the Samurais, no other black jean will come close
post #18495 of 20892
I recently contacted the Juno proxy service in Japan, to inquire about procuring a pair of Nando x Nado jeans. I just received a reply from Juno, to be told "they're sold out". Does anybody happen to know if that means for good?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.