or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1222

post #18316 of 20655
Quote:
Originally Posted by krspdla View Post

darkmatter: What condition did you find the jeans in?

Soaked (I presume, but I'm not familiar with this denim), worn twice at max (creasing on the back of the knee only)

post #18317 of 20655
samurai vs momotaro? main differences / benefits of either? which would you go for?
post #18318 of 20655
^question is too vague__ can you be more specific?
Momotaro got more than 4 types of denim on different models/cut__ & Samurai got more than a dozen models/cuts [on several types of denim]__ not to mention store collabs.
post #18319 of 20655
Tl;dr
Samurai fades quicker
post #18320 of 20655

Looked at the selvedge of the Roys I found and determined they are from his third batch (RN03).  Self edge says 1 inch of stretch.  I need 1.5 to 2.  Is anyone familiar with this particular denim?

 

I'm also skeptical about it being cone oak denim.  I've only had experience with momotaro and dry bones denim, and all I know about cone oak is that it supplies everyone lower on the chain.  Good denim, or should I just get some PBJs like I was planning on?

post #18321 of 20655
Cone is suberb, you obviously don't know your shit.
post #18322 of 20655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post

Cone is suberb, you obviously don't know your shit.

And obviously you're one of the reasons why people say don't go on sf unless you have a thick skin.

I do know my shit. I know cone makes denim for everything from lvc to Canterbury of new Zealand. I've read countless pages of denim threads. Im assuming Roy wouldn't use bad denim, but it was a fair question.

Please go back to your hole unless you have something productive and non-condescending to say.
post #18323 of 20655
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post

And obviously you're one of the reasons why people say don't go on sf unless you have a thick skin.
I do know my shit. I know cone makes denim for everything from lvc to Canterbury of new Zealand. I've read countless pages of denim threads. Im assuming Roy wouldn't use bad denim, but it was a fair question.
Please go back to your hole unless you have something productive and non-condescending to say.

Sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But if you did some more research you would have read that Cone is highly acclaimed, especially White Oak.

Didn't want to be an arse, it just happened smile.gif
post #18324 of 20655
Does anyone have any experience with April 77 Joey jeans? I want to know if they stretch over time and should I size down any if I'm looking for a skinny fit?
post #18325 of 20655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post


Sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But if you did some more research you would have read that Cone is highly acclaimed, especially White Oak.
Didn't want to be an arse, it just happened smile.gif

 

Lol, ok.

 

Do you know how much stretch I can get out of the denim?  I can almost button the second to top.... I need about one inch of stretch to button the top, two for the jeans to be comfortable.

post #18326 of 20655
Looking for some sizing advice. Purchased a pair of APC New Standards a few months ago. Though I sized down two, the waist has began stretching to the point of making the pants sag. In addition, I'm finding the leg opening wider than I'd like, making for somewhat of a boxy fit. Decided to try out some Petit Standards; I like the size of the leg opening, but the thighs were embarrassingly tight (I sized down three).

If purchased in regular size, would Petit Standards offer a slimmer silhouette than the New Standard without looking boxy? Or should I try a different cut/brand?
post #18327 of 20655

I'm looking to buy a new pair of denims and I'd like to stay with APC (or something close in price and quality).  I currently have tagged size 28 NS that I washed and dried (in the dryer) once and they shrunk to almost a perfect fit.  However they are still a little too baggy.  I want to buy a new pair and keep those as my unwashed pair of raw denim and I was thinking about looking at something that comes slightly slimmer.  I've tried the PS in a tagged size 26 (two sizes down from my true size) and they were WAY to small with too much of a taper for my liking (I have insanely skinny legs and the taper looked awful).  I was thinking about possibly looking into the New Cure.  From the charts on ContextClothing.com it seems that the NC is just a little slimmer than the NS in the same tagged size.  It's hard for me to figure out what I want from comparing numbers on an online chart so I was hoping some of you could tell me what to order.

 

I'd be wearing these mostly smart casually.  I want something slim but not skin tight.  I do not like the taper very much.  Am I right in thinking that the NC is slimmer than the NS but fuller than the PS?

post #18328 of 20655
Denim Therapy's return shipping cost is so high mad.gif
post #18329 of 20655
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

I'm looking to buy a new pair of denims and I'd like to stay with APC (or something close in price and quality).  I currently have tagged size 28 NS that I washed and dried (in the dryer) once and they shrunk to almost a perfect fit.  However they are still a little too baggy.  I want to buy a new pair and keep those as my unwashed pair of raw denim and I was thinking about looking at something that comes slightly slimmer.  I've tried the PS in a tagged size 26 (two sizes down from my true size) and they were WAY to small with too much of a taper for my liking (I have insanely skinny legs and the taper looked awful).  I was thinking about possibly looking into the New Cure.  From the charts on ContextClothing.com it seems that the NC is just a little slimmer than the NS in the same tagged size.  It's hard for me to figure out what I want from comparing numbers on an online chart so I was hoping some of you could tell me what to order.

 

I'd be wearing these mostly smart casually.  I want something slim but not skin tight.  I do not like the taper very much.  Am I right in thinking that the NC is slimmer than the NS but fuller than the PS?


No.  New Cure has a heavy taper until the knee then slightly flares out a bit.  It sounds a lot weirder on paper than it looks but I'm still not sure that's the cut for you.  Might want to try Acne Max Raw, in my experience the max cut fits somewhere between New Standard and Petit Standard and is slim/straight.

post #18330 of 20655

Trying to decide between some 3sixteen ST-120x or the Momotaro x Blue Owl collab skinny straight in deep indigo. I think I want the Momotaro's for the lower rise, but the price of the 3sixteen's is better...
Which is a better fade? And am I correct in thinking that they'll fit very similar, other than the rise??
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.