Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1214post #18196 of 213157/14/12 at 8:49pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18197 of 213157/14/12 at 9:36pmpost #18198 of 213157/14/12 at 9:39pmpost #18199 of 213157/14/12 at 10:30pmWell, like to like, a jean that's described as 15oz is going to be heavier, before or after shrinkage, than one that's 13oz. I'm not entirely clear on why the 2oz difference is significant to you though, and more importantly, why you seem to be hung up on denim weight. You'll notice a difference when wearing 24oz denim versus 12oz stuff, but I can't imagine you'd notice any difference between 13 and 15 ounce stuff, unless you're way more of a denim fiend than I am.post #18200 of 213157/14/12 at 11:18pmpost #18201 of 213157/14/12 at 11:23pmCertain companies may use thicker yarn correct? I dont know much about that but I read some where that a pair was made with something like 6x6 or sometging...not sure whats that about.
3oz may not.seem like a lot but my apc's are a lot thinner than my 15oz deeo indigo NF. I would think it has to do with yarn thickness and the apc's are also woven a lot looserpost #18202 of 213157/15/12 at 12:47amThread StarterQuote:The difference is between a lockstitch and a chainstitch. The only person that would bother noticing that difference is you.Quote:"6x6" refers to the thickness of the warp (#6 with #0 being the skinniest) and warp. It's not to be confused with terms like 3x1 or 2x1 which refers to the weave pattern (3 warp to 1 weft, etc.)Originally Posted by lckychrmsbboy
Certain companies may use thicker yarn correct? I dont know much about that but I read some where that a pair was made with something like 6x6 or sometging...not sure whats that about.
3oz may not.seem like a lot but my apc's are a lot thinner than my 15oz deeo indigo NF. I would think it has to do with yarn thickness and the apc's are also woven a lot looser
For the reasons you mentioned (yarn thickness, tightness of weave), seeing a listed denim weight only gives a rough idea of what the hand will be like. Conversely, a higher listed ounce could feel lighter than a lower listed ounce. It's not uncommon to describe 15oz+ jeans as not feeling as heavy as one would think.post #18203 of 213157/15/12 at 1:15ampost #18204 of 213157/15/12 at 10:48ampost #18205 of 213157/15/12 at 11:12amThread Starterpost #18206 of 213157/15/12 at 1:41pmpost #18207 of 213157/15/12 at 4:01pmQuote:
Momotaro's are great for the price. Great construction and superb denim.
But their are much other brands in that league too, like Samurai, PBJ, Somet and a dozen of other brands. Momo's are my favorite though.post #18208 of 213157/15/12 at 6:30pmpost #18209 of 213157/15/12 at 6:37pm
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
Currently, there are 1338 Active Users (328 Members and 1010 Guests)
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 40 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?