Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 12/23/14 at 9:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1214post #18196 of 211187/14/12 at 8:49pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18197 of 211187/14/12 at 9:36pmpost #18198 of 211187/14/12 at 9:39pmpost #18199 of 211187/14/12 at 10:30pmWell, like to like, a jean that's described as 15oz is going to be heavier, before or after shrinkage, than one that's 13oz. I'm not entirely clear on why the 2oz difference is significant to you though, and more importantly, why you seem to be hung up on denim weight. You'll notice a difference when wearing 24oz denim versus 12oz stuff, but I can't imagine you'd notice any difference between 13 and 15 ounce stuff, unless you're way more of a denim fiend than I am.post #18200 of 211187/14/12 at 11:18pmpost #18201 of 211187/14/12 at 11:23pmCertain companies may use thicker yarn correct? I dont know much about that but I read some where that a pair was made with something like 6x6 or sometging...not sure whats that about.
3oz may not.seem like a lot but my apc's are a lot thinner than my 15oz deeo indigo NF. I would think it has to do with yarn thickness and the apc's are also woven a lot looserpost #18202 of 211187/15/12 at 12:47amThread StarterQuote:The difference is between a lockstitch and a chainstitch. The only person that would bother noticing that difference is you.Quote:"6x6" refers to the thickness of the warp (#6 with #0 being the skinniest) and warp. It's not to be confused with terms like 3x1 or 2x1 which refers to the weave pattern (3 warp to 1 weft, etc.)Originally Posted by lckychrmsbboy
Certain companies may use thicker yarn correct? I dont know much about that but I read some where that a pair was made with something like 6x6 or sometging...not sure whats that about.
3oz may not.seem like a lot but my apc's are a lot thinner than my 15oz deeo indigo NF. I would think it has to do with yarn thickness and the apc's are also woven a lot looser
For the reasons you mentioned (yarn thickness, tightness of weave), seeing a listed denim weight only gives a rough idea of what the hand will be like. Conversely, a higher listed ounce could feel lighter than a lower listed ounce. It's not uncommon to describe 15oz+ jeans as not feeling as heavy as one would think.post #18203 of 211187/15/12 at 1:15ampost #18204 of 211187/15/12 at 10:48ampost #18205 of 211187/15/12 at 11:12amThread Starterpost #18206 of 211187/15/12 at 1:41pmpost #18207 of 211187/15/12 at 4:01pmQuote:
Momotaro's are great for the price. Great construction and superb denim.
But their are much other brands in that league too, like Samurai, PBJ, Somet and a dozen of other brands. Momo's are my favorite though.post #18208 of 211187/15/12 at 6:30pmpost #18209 of 211187/15/12 at 6:37pm
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
Currently, there are 1382 Active Users (303 Members and 1079 Guests)
- › Things that are pissing you off. 43 seconds ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Carmina 757 Split Toe in Brown Scotchgrain - 8UK Forest 2 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...