or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1197

post #17941 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapp View Post

Hey Guys,

Posted something similar in the nub thread, but altered it here towards denim.

 
Upgrading my wardrobe (long needed) as I move through college and just got some shoes, both from Clae. I got these and these and I'm figuring out what would look good paired with them. I'm not too worried about the Ellingtons in acorn (first pair) - although any input on which (if any) jeans would look good with those would be helpful. But mainly, I haven't owned grey shoes before so I was thinking a pair of dark blue, cuffed jeans might look good - but any input would be great.


I'm a poor college student, so I'm looking at a max of $150? Might be a little low, but that's all I can do right now. A 33" waist is usually perfect, I'm 6'2" and about 210 pounds with pretty large legs - and no, it's not fat. I like to have a slim/straight cut, but I can't wear anything with too thin of thighs or else I can't get into/out of them. 


For comparison, I own these and they're snug in the thighs, just long. So they fit me much better than the picture I'd say. (32 - 33" inseam is usually perfect).

Sorry for the length!

You're built like me (6'3', 215ish), so If you can up your budget about $25, I'd recommend the APC NS. It's as good as anywhere to start in raw denim, reasonable quality and you'll see higher contrast fades more quickly than some other stuff. If and when you do opt to try them on or buy them, they'll be tight as shit for a couple days, to the point I didn't wear them out of the house for the first week. A year and a half in, they're fitted but not tight at all. Perfect fit with fades coming along nicely, IMO.
post #17942 of 20767

Haha it looks like they'll be tight. I'll search them out this weekend at the store and see how they feel - thanks for the input. They look good though and I'm sure they're worth an extra little bit. I'm just worried all those squats will make it impossible to fit my ass and thighs into them haha. From pictures they seem to look good cuffed, do you think they do since you actually have experience with them? 

post #17943 of 20767
Yeah, I roll the edge of mine up since the inseam is a bit long (IIRC, it's 36" across the board).
post #17944 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

Yeah, I roll the edge of mine up since the inseam is a bit long (IIRC, it's 36" across the board).

Ah right ok, noted. I'll check them out and see how they look. Thanks man.

post #17945 of 20767
New Standards are forgiving for even the most vicious squatter with how much they'll stretch.
post #17946 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

New Standards are forgiving for even the most vicious squatter with how much they'll stretch.


You're very, VERY wrong on this.

I haven't squatted in months and still couldn't fit into new standards if I wanted to. and the thighs are nothing like the waist band, they don't stretch like that.

SF seems to forget that a 'vicious' squatter might have a 30-32" waist with 26" lean thighs.
post #17947 of 20767
How many did you size down?
post #17948 of 20767
JUST to fit my waist size. I didn't size down. Dooz gotta understand some of us need a 13" thigh measurement for comfort...
post #17949 of 20767
Ok - yeah, that's admittedly bigger than I. I'll go to a 13" but have a 33-34 waist too shog[1].gif
post #17950 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Ok - yeah, that's admittedly bigger than I. I'll go to a 13" but have a 33-34 waist too shog[1].gif


See that's usually what I do. I have to buy my jeans bigger than I wear in the waist just to fit thighs.
post #17951 of 20767

I have a pair of 514 levi's,  how much break do you normally go

for on a pair of jeans?

post #17952 of 20767

I have a sizing question about Railcar Fine Goods x002 denim. I wear a size 29 in APC new standard and was wondering what size I should shoot for in my x002 purchase. I wear a size 30 pant and probably should have sized down another size or two for APCs in hindsight, and would like to avoid making the same mistake with the railcar.

 

~Thanks

post #17953 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post


You're very, VERY wrong on this.
I haven't squatted in months and still couldn't fit into new standards if I wanted to. and the thighs are nothing like the waist band, they don't stretch like that.
SF seems to forget that a 'vicious' squatter might have a 30-32" waist with 26" lean thighs.

Haha, well I can't get a perfect measurement because I don't have a cloth tape measure or anything, but the thickest part of my thighs are about 25" - 26". As I said, those Earnest Sewn's that I linked to are filled out when I wear them. I'm going to try the NS regardless to see how they feel though.


Edited by Dapp - 6/7/12 at 5:20am
post #17954 of 20767

Cheap pair of black overdyed skinny jeans.  Maybe mid rise with a taper if available at the price range.  What's my best bet, Cheap Mondays?  I currently have Levi's 510 but they faded and stretched out a ton so probably going to avoid that if possible.  Currently wear Diors for my indigos and Acnes for my grey so a bit spoiled, can't splurge at the moment though.   Looking for as cheap as possible without ended up with stretched out grey jeans like my Levi's are.

post #17955 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean9 View Post

Cheap pair of black overdyed skinny jeans.  Maybe mid rise with a taper if available at the price range.  What's my best bet, Cheap Mondays?  I currently have Levi's 510 but they faded and stretched out a ton so probably going to avoid that if possible.  Currently wear Diors for my indigos and Acnes for my grey so a bit spoiled, can't splurge at the moment though.   Looking for as cheap as possible without ended up with stretched out grey jeans like my Levi's are.


http://www.weekday.se/mens-wear/mtwtfss-weekday/all/jeans/friday-black

Weekday...Have one, its ok for what it is. Similar to the Cheap Monday stuff, also from Sweden. Acne should go on sale soon, probably wanan waite for a Snake?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.