or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1180

post #17686 of 20233
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrero View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerkg View Post

Here's a suggestion:
Dont waste your money on apc or nudie buy a real pair
Like Iron heart or flat head.
For those wearing apc, have you tried any premium denim? It's worth it

Sigh, get off the high horse please
I got off.

My apc's ripped in the process. Dork.
post #17687 of 20233
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by willrh1 View Post

Hey guys, a couple of questions.  I spilled some Pho on a pair of raw levis, what's the best way to spot clean them?  I've had them for about two months and don't want to wash them yet.

Second question, who makes a good white/off white raw denim for spring around the sub 200 range?
No good way to spot clean aside from water and towel. Experience is to leave it be or soak completely. Spot cleaning, depending on type of denim, can end up making things worse by removing too much indigo.

Rogue Territory's coming out with off-white denim for the summer. Not sure on specific dates yet, though. Jean Shop had some great stuff which Crate used a few seasons ago. My advice, assuming you like the fit, would be to look for RRL's slim fit off-white. They're some of my favorites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerkg View Post

Just curious, why dry clean? They use chemicals. Soak and hang works very well.
Minimal shrinkage? Minimal indigo loss? There are a few reasons why people prefer this route.

Any time I've soaked a pair, the water got a little blue but I couldn't see any indigo loss to the naked eye, I've found abrasion is the only way to lose indigo truly, and abrasion while wet definitely, like a washing machine, but not water alone.
post #17688 of 20233
^^somet

I'm working on these iron heart sexih13
8160be19.jpg
cd86a5dd.jpg
7cce5368.jpg
post #17689 of 20233
Hey, I'm new to raw denim but have been reading styleforum and some other sites for a while trying to get a good idea of how to find a pair of jeans I'll like (also without breaking the bank in case I screw up this pair). I got this pair of Naked and Famous broken twill skinny guys in today. Lots of pictures incoming so i spoilered them. Do you guys think I sized these right? (sorry about quality, my room is dark and I had to blow out the photos so you could see the jeans)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
525

525

some pics of the waistline to judge tightness. as you can probably tell its pretty snug. is it likely to stretch out enough to not make my thighs look bigger bc of pinching at the waistband?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
233

233

and some pics of cuffing the jeans.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
525

525

525

I'm a little worried that the jeans are too wide at the ankle. I usually wear pretty slim pants and these seem wider. I've also never had a pair of pants that stacks on me but i've been told they look much better when they are slimmer because the stacks don't look so messy. i like the idea of having some good stacks on the jeans but i feel like they look kinda bulky from the front. will that settle out as the jeans wear in? Does it look messy to cuff and still have some stacking? i could also just get them hemmed or tapered if that would help. comments appreciated, i really want these to work out smile.gif
post #17690 of 20233
e: double post.
Edited by fireflygrave - 4/22/12 at 8:39pm
post #17691 of 20233


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post

Yes.
No, it won't. You're thinking of a taper.
Doesn't make a huge difference with those jeans, but some prefer to soak first just in case.


Unbranded denim is unsanforized so it will shrink in the wash, I would suggest at least warm soaking them before you decide to pay the extra money to get them tapered. The soak will shrink the denim, and will most likely get rid of most of the baggyness you feel right now. The waist will shrink a bit too but they will stretch back out with use.

 

post #17692 of 20233
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightyow77 View Post


Unbranded denim is unsanforized so it will shrink in the wash,

Wait, what? Where do you get that idea? I got a few bucks that says the contrary.
post #17693 of 20233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightyow77 View Post


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post

Yes.
No, it won't. You're thinking of a taper.
Doesn't make a huge difference with those jeans, but some prefer to soak first just in case.


Unbranded denim is unsanforized so it will shrink in the wash, I would suggest at least warm soaking them before you decide to pay the extra money to get them tapered. The soak will shrink the denim, and will most likely get rid of most of the baggyness you feel right now. The waist will shrink a bit too but they will stretch back out with use.

 

Get 50 dollar jeans tapered?
post #17694 of 20233
I need a higher rise jean, and I can't decide between the N&F Regular Guys, or the Weird Guy Highs.

Has anyone here tried either?
post #17695 of 20233

IF I'm not mistaken the reg guys are based on 501s and the WG HI are just higher rise WGs. So if you like the taper of the WGs I would go with those. 

post #17696 of 20233

Any suggestions for a loose/relaxed fit jean that is boot cut with a regular or high rise?  I do a lot of lifting and have a larger bottom and thighs, and slim/regular fit are a no-go for me.  I love the Levi 501 shrink to fits. The fit they have without washing is a perfect match for me.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Edited by Marcus - 4/19/12 at 5:22pm
post #17697 of 20233
So I was trying jeans on today and I decided to actually buy something. I ordered some nudie slim jims, 30x34. First thing, why are they all 34 and how much should I get it tailored down? I am not nearly tall enough for 34. Or do I was sick stakcz n stuff?

Also how much will they stretch? I am afraid of penis buldge, how much penis buldge is acceptable before it becomes sexual harassment?

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/77444470@N03/6950802896/sizes/m/

That is a photo of the 31s, I decided to size down because I know they will stretch. Also the store was really bright, I couldn't get a better picture.
post #17698 of 20233
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Any suggestions for a loose/relaxed fit jean that is boot cut with a regular or high rise?  I do a lot of lifting and have a larger bottom and thighs, and slim/regular fit are a no-go for me.  I love the Levi 501 shrink to fits. The fit they have without washing is a perfect match for me.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If that's the case then you might not to go as relaxed as you have in mind. Knowing the budget would get ball rolling. There are also quite a few threads for guys with big thighs (if you literally search that.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot56 View Post

First thing, why are they all 34 and how much should I get it tailored down? I am not nearly tall enough for 34. Or do I was sick stakcz n stuff?
Also how much will they stretch?
That's totally on you. An actual tailor will have you try them on and ask how much stacking you want. SJs don't have narrow hems so stacking will look sloppy.

They stretch out 1-2".
post #17699 of 20233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerkg View Post

Here's a suggestion:
Dont waste your money on apc or nudie buy a real pair
Like Iron heart or flat head.
For those wearing apc, have you tried any premium denim? It's worth it

Look, I'm wearing a pair of 21/23oz Iron Heart 634s now. But I still love my Petite Standards. Wearing heavyweight denim in the height of summer is just plain suffering for the sake of it. APC were the gateway into raw denim for a lot of people, and they consistently churn out good quality jeans with a nice modern fit. They aren't trying for a classic fit in boutique denim like Iron Heart is - but that doesn't mean they aren't wearable.

I mean, fuck, I'd recommend Iron Heart over APC any day, but I wouldn't call either a waste.
post #17700 of 20233
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post

If that's the case then you might not to go as relaxed as you have in mind. Knowing the budget would get ball rolling. There are also quite a few threads for guys with big thighs (if you literally search that.)
That's totally on you. An actual tailor will have you try them on and ask how much stacking you want. SJs don't have narrow hems so stacking will look sloppy.
They stretch out 1-2".

From that picture do those look like a decent fit? I know I have larger legs for the size of my waist so it is difficult to find pants that fit perfect.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.