My apc's ripped in the process. Dork.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1180post #17686 of 214244/17/12 at 3:56pmpost #17687 of 214244/17/12 at 4:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by whodiniQuote:No good way to spot clean aside from water and towel. Experience is to leave it be or soak completely. Spot cleaning, depending on type of denim, can end up making things worse by removing too much indigo.Originally Posted by willrh1
Hey guys, a couple of questions. I spilled some Pho on a pair of raw levis, what's the best way to spot clean them? I've had them for about two months and don't want to wash them yet.
Second question, who makes a good white/off white raw denim for spring around the sub 200 range?
Rogue Territory's coming out with off-white denim for the summer. Not sure on specific dates yet, though. Jean Shop had some great stuff which Crate used a few seasons ago. My advice, assuming you like the fit, would be to look for RRL's slim fit off-white. They're some of my favorites.
Any time I've soaked a pair, the water got a little blue but I couldn't see any indigo loss to the naked eye, I've found abrasion is the only way to lose indigo truly, and abrasion while wet definitely, like a washing machine, but not water alone.post #17688 of 214244/17/12 at 4:16pmpost #17689 of 214244/17/12 at 9:22pmHey, I'm new to raw denim but have been reading styleforum and some other sites for a while trying to get a good idea of how to find a pair of jeans I'll like (also without breaking the bank in case I screw up this pair). I got this pair of Naked and Famous broken twill skinny guys in today. Lots of pictures incoming so i spoilered them. Do you guys think I sized these right? (sorry about quality, my room is dark and I had to blow out the photos so you could see the jeans)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
some pics of the waistline to judge tightness. as you can probably tell its pretty snug. is it likely to stretch out enough to not make my thighs look bigger bc of pinching at the waistband?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
and some pics of cuffing the jeans.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm a little worried that the jeans are too wide at the ankle. I usually wear pretty slim pants and these seem wider. I've also never had a pair of pants that stacks on me but i've been told they look much better when they are slimmer because the stacks don't look so messy. i like the idea of having some good stacks on the jeans but i feel like they look kinda bulky from the front. will that settle out as the jeans wear in? Does it look messy to cuff and still have some stacking? i could also just get them hemmed or tapered if that would help. comments appreciated, i really want these to work outpost #17690 of 214244/17/12 at 9:23pmpost #17691 of 214244/17/12 at 9:45pm
Unbranded denim is unsanforized so it will shrink in the wash, I would suggest at least warm soaking them before you decide to pay the extra money to get them tapered. The soak will shrink the denim, and will most likely get rid of most of the baggyness you feel right now. The waist will shrink a bit too but they will stretch back out with use.post #17692 of 214244/17/12 at 10:54pmThread Starterpost #17693 of 214244/18/12 at 12:52amQuote:Get 50 dollar jeans tapered?Originally Posted by Rightyow77
Unbranded denim is unsanforized so it will shrink in the wash, I would suggest at least warm soaking them before you decide to pay the extra money to get them tapered. The soak will shrink the denim, and will most likely get rid of most of the baggyness you feel right now. The waist will shrink a bit too but they will stretch back out with use.post #17694 of 214244/18/12 at 2:11pmpost #17695 of 214244/18/12 at 6:02pmpost #17696 of 214244/19/12 at 2:09pm
Any suggestions for a loose/relaxed fit jean that is boot cut with a regular or high rise? I do a lot of lifting and have a larger bottom and thighs, and slim/regular fit are a no-go for me. I love the Levi 501 shrink to fits. The fit they have without washing is a perfect match for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by Marcus - 4/19/12 at 5:22pmpost #17697 of 214244/20/12 at 4:03pmSo I was trying jeans on today and I decided to actually buy something. I ordered some nudie slim jims, 30x34. First thing, why are they all 34 and how much should I get it tailored down? I am not nearly tall enough for 34. Or do I was sick stakcz n stuff?
Also how much will they stretch? I am afraid of penis buldge, how much penis buldge is acceptable before it becomes sexual harassment?
That is a photo of the 31s, I decided to size down because I know they will stretch. Also the store was really bright, I couldn't get a better picture.post #17698 of 214244/20/12 at 4:29pmThread StarterQuote:If that's the case then you might not to go as relaxed as you have in mind. Knowing the budget would get ball rolling. There are also quite a few threads for guys with big thighs (if you literally search that.)Originally Posted by Marcus
Any suggestions for a loose/relaxed fit jean that is boot cut with a regular or high rise? I do a lot of lifting and have a larger bottom and thighs, and slim/regular fit are a no-go for me. I love the Levi 501 shrink to fits. The fit they have without washing is a perfect match for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Quote:That's totally on you. An actual tailor will have you try them on and ask how much stacking you want. SJs don't have narrow hems so stacking will look sloppy.
They stretch out 1-2".post #17699 of 214244/20/12 at 4:30pmQuote:
Look, I'm wearing a pair of 21/23oz Iron Heart 634s now. But I still love my Petite Standards. Wearing heavyweight denim in the height of summer is just plain suffering for the sake of it. APC were the gateway into raw denim for a lot of people, and they consistently churn out good quality jeans with a nice modern fit. They aren't trying for a classic fit in boutique denim like Iron Heart is - but that doesn't mean they aren't wearable.
I mean, fuck, I'd recommend Iron Heart over APC any day, but I wouldn't call either a waste.post #17700 of 214244/20/12 at 4:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by whodini
If that's the case then you might not to go as relaxed as you have in mind. Knowing the budget would get ball rolling. There are also quite a few threads for guys with big thighs (if you literally search that.)
That's totally on you. An actual tailor will have you try them on and ask how much stacking you want. SJs don't have narrow hems so stacking will look sloppy.
They stretch out 1-2".
From that picture do those look like a decent fit? I know I have larger legs for the size of my waist so it is difficult to find pants that fit perfect.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 20 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 38 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 43 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 59 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...