My apc's ripped in the process. Dork.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1180post #17686 of 213124/17/12 at 3:56pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17687 of 213124/17/12 at 4:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by whodiniQuote:No good way to spot clean aside from water and towel. Experience is to leave it be or soak completely. Spot cleaning, depending on type of denim, can end up making things worse by removing too much indigo.Originally Posted by willrh1
Hey guys, a couple of questions. I spilled some Pho on a pair of raw levis, what's the best way to spot clean them? I've had them for about two months and don't want to wash them yet.
Second question, who makes a good white/off white raw denim for spring around the sub 200 range?
Rogue Territory's coming out with off-white denim for the summer. Not sure on specific dates yet, though. Jean Shop had some great stuff which Crate used a few seasons ago. My advice, assuming you like the fit, would be to look for RRL's slim fit off-white. They're some of my favorites.
Any time I've soaked a pair, the water got a little blue but I couldn't see any indigo loss to the naked eye, I've found abrasion is the only way to lose indigo truly, and abrasion while wet definitely, like a washing machine, but not water alone.post #17688 of 213124/17/12 at 4:16pmpost #17689 of 213124/17/12 at 9:22pmHey, I'm new to raw denim but have been reading styleforum and some other sites for a while trying to get a good idea of how to find a pair of jeans I'll like (also without breaking the bank in case I screw up this pair). I got this pair of Naked and Famous broken twill skinny guys in today. Lots of pictures incoming so i spoilered them. Do you guys think I sized these right? (sorry about quality, my room is dark and I had to blow out the photos so you could see the jeans)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
some pics of the waistline to judge tightness. as you can probably tell its pretty snug. is it likely to stretch out enough to not make my thighs look bigger bc of pinching at the waistband?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
and some pics of cuffing the jeans.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm a little worried that the jeans are too wide at the ankle. I usually wear pretty slim pants and these seem wider. I've also never had a pair of pants that stacks on me but i've been told they look much better when they are slimmer because the stacks don't look so messy. i like the idea of having some good stacks on the jeans but i feel like they look kinda bulky from the front. will that settle out as the jeans wear in? Does it look messy to cuff and still have some stacking? i could also just get them hemmed or tapered if that would help. comments appreciated, i really want these to work outpost #17690 of 213124/17/12 at 9:23pmpost #17691 of 213124/17/12 at 9:45pm
Unbranded denim is unsanforized so it will shrink in the wash, I would suggest at least warm soaking them before you decide to pay the extra money to get them tapered. The soak will shrink the denim, and will most likely get rid of most of the baggyness you feel right now. The waist will shrink a bit too but they will stretch back out with use.post #17692 of 213124/17/12 at 10:54pmThread Starterpost #17693 of 213124/18/12 at 12:52amQuote:Get 50 dollar jeans tapered?Originally Posted by Rightyow77
Unbranded denim is unsanforized so it will shrink in the wash, I would suggest at least warm soaking them before you decide to pay the extra money to get them tapered. The soak will shrink the denim, and will most likely get rid of most of the baggyness you feel right now. The waist will shrink a bit too but they will stretch back out with use.post #17694 of 213124/18/12 at 2:11pmpost #17695 of 213124/18/12 at 6:02pmpost #17696 of 213124/19/12 at 2:09pm
Any suggestions for a loose/relaxed fit jean that is boot cut with a regular or high rise? I do a lot of lifting and have a larger bottom and thighs, and slim/regular fit are a no-go for me. I love the Levi 501 shrink to fits. The fit they have without washing is a perfect match for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by Marcus - 4/19/12 at 5:22pmpost #17697 of 213124/20/12 at 4:03pmSo I was trying jeans on today and I decided to actually buy something. I ordered some nudie slim jims, 30x34. First thing, why are they all 34 and how much should I get it tailored down? I am not nearly tall enough for 34. Or do I was sick stakcz n stuff?
Also how much will they stretch? I am afraid of penis buldge, how much penis buldge is acceptable before it becomes sexual harassment?
That is a photo of the 31s, I decided to size down because I know they will stretch. Also the store was really bright, I couldn't get a better picture.post #17698 of 213124/20/12 at 4:29pmThread StarterQuote:If that's the case then you might not to go as relaxed as you have in mind. Knowing the budget would get ball rolling. There are also quite a few threads for guys with big thighs (if you literally search that.)Originally Posted by Marcus
Any suggestions for a loose/relaxed fit jean that is boot cut with a regular or high rise? I do a lot of lifting and have a larger bottom and thighs, and slim/regular fit are a no-go for me. I love the Levi 501 shrink to fits. The fit they have without washing is a perfect match for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Quote:That's totally on you. An actual tailor will have you try them on and ask how much stacking you want. SJs don't have narrow hems so stacking will look sloppy.
They stretch out 1-2".post #17699 of 213124/20/12 at 4:30pmQuote:
Look, I'm wearing a pair of 21/23oz Iron Heart 634s now. But I still love my Petite Standards. Wearing heavyweight denim in the height of summer is just plain suffering for the sake of it. APC were the gateway into raw denim for a lot of people, and they consistently churn out good quality jeans with a nice modern fit. They aren't trying for a classic fit in boutique denim like Iron Heart is - but that doesn't mean they aren't wearable.
I mean, fuck, I'd recommend Iron Heart over APC any day, but I wouldn't call either a waste.post #17700 of 213124/20/12 at 4:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by whodini
If that's the case then you might not to go as relaxed as you have in mind. Knowing the budget would get ball rolling. There are also quite a few threads for guys with big thighs (if you literally search that.)
That's totally on you. An actual tailor will have you try them on and ask how much stacking you want. SJs don't have narrow hems so stacking will look sloppy.
They stretch out 1-2".
From that picture do those look like a decent fit? I know I have larger legs for the size of my waist so it is difficult to find pants that fit perfect.
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 48 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 13 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 13 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 14 minutes ago
- › Slim wallets recommendation 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...