or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1171

post #17551 of 20247
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

35 to 33 inches in the waist on a sanforized pair (?)

Not all sanforized denim is created equal. That said, if the average pair reduces in size 3-5% post-wash, then 5% of 17.5"= ~.9". Add to it the fact that they were thrown in a hot dryer? It adds up to me.
post #17552 of 20247

I'm new to the raw denim process, just about to purchase first pair.  For sanforized jeans, do you all recommend an initial soak before you start wearing them?

post #17553 of 20247

Does anyone here have a pair of Seven for All Mankind Slimmy jeans?  They fit me perfectly, but they aren't very sturdy and they have some elastane/spandex in them.  I'm hoping to find a brand/model of jeans that fits identically, but which is higher quality - any recommendations?

post #17554 of 20247
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDHagg View Post

Does anyone here have a pair of Seven for All Mankind Slimmy jeans?  They fit me perfectly, but they aren't very sturdy and they have some elastane/spandex in them.  I'm hoping to find a brand/model of jeans that fits identically, but which is higher quality - any recommendations?

I had the 7 Slimmy before, I found Levi's Matchstick fits very similiar, you can go from there and find other brands in comparison to Levi's (RRL Slim Boot, APC PS, etc.)
post #17555 of 20247
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by godel View Post

I'm new to the raw denim process, just about to purchase first pair.  For sanforized jeans, do you all recommend an initial soak before you start wearing them?

http://www.styleforum.net/t/68358/guide-on-how-to-break-in-raw-and-nonraw-jawns/0_50
post #17556 of 20247
Hey Guys,

I've read thru at least two hundred pages of this thread trying to gather information. A lot of it is great and very informative, thanks to all who patiently answer a lot of repeat questions...
On to my question; looking for a new jean! I have a pair of APC NS's that I'm pretty happy with the overall fit but would prefer just a bit more in the rise. Definitely don't want to go any slimmer and willing to go just a tiny bit wider in the leg but not much. I also have a pair of 501's USA made selvage that fit pretty well also.
What can I get that would be a similar fit between the two and a good quality denim that will give pretty good fades? I don't have a price target other than $200 would be nice, $300 would be okay also. For the "right denim" willing to spend more but obviously, less is good! smile.gif
Thanks in advance for any info and guidance
post #17557 of 20247
~$200: 3Sixteen probably, although they are slower fading IIRC.
~$300: you can have your pick of virtually any of the repro brands
post #17558 of 20247
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

~$200: 3Sixteen probably, although they are slower fading IIRC.
~$300: you can have your pick of virtually any of the repro brands

Damn, forgot to mention 3Sixteen...I actually tried on a pair today and didn't like what I thought were the low back pockets on them. Seemed to me that they started a bit low and went too far down the back of my leg. Meant to add this to my original post/question
post #17559 of 20247
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterInjax View Post

Damn, forgot to mention 3Sixteen...I actually tried on a pair today and didn't like what I thought were the low back pockets on them. Seemed to me that they started a bit low and went too far down the back of my leg. Meant to add this to my original post/question

I found the same thing about the back pockets on the 316. The older models from 2010 didn't have this.

Porter - give Tellason a look for a great jean. Their new model with 14.75 oz cone denim is gorgeous.
post #17560 of 20247
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterInjax View Post

Thanks in advance for any info and guidance

If you've already done the Cone route then I'd suggest looking into denim that's a bit different. RRL (low straight) goes for around $230 retail and is a personal favorite. I'm also a fan of the Japanese denim Rogue Territory uses and you'd have your choice of weights and fits.
post #17561 of 20247

Thanks!  That link was awesome, very helpful!

post #17562 of 20247
Whodini and Sazon, thanks. I haven't tried on any of your suggestions but will look for them.
I'm going out shopping today or tomorrow and will see what I can find ( I live in Chicago)
post #17563 of 20247
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post

If you've already done the Cone route then I'd suggest looking into denim that's a bit different. RRL (low straight) goes for around $230 retail and is a personal favorite. I'm also a fan of the Japanese denim Rogue Territory uses and you'd have your choice of weights and fits.
Picked up a pair of the RRL's today. Will probably still get one more pair in the cone denim.
Thanks.
post #17564 of 20247

Is there anything that fits the same as a Levi's Matchstick but with an extra inch or so of rise?

post #17565 of 20247
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by J BAILEY View Post

Is there anything that fits the same as a Levi's Matchstick but with an extra inch or so of rise?

Many. Websites like Self Edge, Blue Owl, Context, etc. all offer measurements that you can browse and compare.

I'm guessing it's along the lines of APC NS but there are far more options, many that are better.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.