Not all sanforized denim is created equal. That said, if the average pair reduces in size 3-5% post-wash, then 5% of 17.5"= ~.9". Add to it the fact that they were thrown in a hot dryer? It adds up to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 8/1/15 at 7:05pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1171post #17551 of 211233/23/12 at 10:06pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17552 of 211233/24/12 at 9:13ampost #17553 of 211233/24/12 at 12:09pmpost #17554 of 211233/24/12 at 1:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by CDHagg
Does anyone here have a pair of Seven for All Mankind Slimmy jeans? They fit me perfectly, but they aren't very sturdy and they have some elastane/spandex in them. I'm hoping to find a brand/model of jeans that fits identically, but which is higher quality - any recommendations?
I had the 7 Slimmy before, I found Levi's Matchstick fits very similiar, you can go from there and find other brands in comparison to Levi's (RRL Slim Boot, APC PS, etc.)post #17555 of 211233/24/12 at 4:05pmThread StarterQuote:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/68358/guide-on-how-to-break-in-raw-and-nonraw-jawns/0_50post #17556 of 211233/24/12 at 5:20pmHey Guys,
I've read thru at least two hundred pages of this thread trying to gather information. A lot of it is great and very informative, thanks to all who patiently answer a lot of repeat questions...
On to my question; looking for a new jean! I have a pair of APC NS's that I'm pretty happy with the overall fit but would prefer just a bit more in the rise. Definitely don't want to go any slimmer and willing to go just a tiny bit wider in the leg but not much. I also have a pair of 501's USA made selvage that fit pretty well also.
What can I get that would be a similar fit between the two and a good quality denim that will give pretty good fades? I don't have a price target other than $200 would be nice, $300 would be okay also. For the "right denim" willing to spend more but obviously, less is good!
Thanks in advance for any info and guidancepost #17557 of 211233/24/12 at 5:41pmpost #17558 of 211233/24/12 at 5:47pmQuote:
Damn, forgot to mention 3Sixteen...I actually tried on a pair today and didn't like what I thought were the low back pockets on them. Seemed to me that they started a bit low and went too far down the back of my leg. Meant to add this to my original post/questionpost #17559 of 211233/24/12 at 8:38pmQuote:
I found the same thing about the back pockets on the 316. The older models from 2010 didn't have this.
Porter - give Tellason a look for a great jean. Their new model with 14.75 oz cone denim is gorgeous.post #17560 of 211233/24/12 at 11:00pmThread Starter
If you've already done the Cone route then I'd suggest looking into denim that's a bit different. RRL (low straight) goes for around $230 retail and is a personal favorite. I'm also a fan of the Japanese denim Rogue Territory uses and you'd have your choice of weights and fits.post #17561 of 211233/25/12 at 2:28ampost #17562 of 211233/25/12 at 5:39ampost #17563 of 211233/25/12 at 2:09pmQuote:Picked up a pair of the RRL's today. Will probably still get one more pair in the cone denim.Originally Posted by whodini
If you've already done the Cone route then I'd suggest looking into denim that's a bit different. RRL (low straight) goes for around $230 retail and is a personal favorite. I'm also a fan of the Japanese denim Rogue Territory uses and you'd have your choice of weights and fits.
Thanks.post #17564 of 211233/25/12 at 2:15pmpost #17565 of 211233/25/12 at 2:30pmThread StarterQuote:
Many. Websites like Self Edge, Blue Owl, Context, etc. all offer measurements that you can browse and compare.
I'm guessing it's along the lines of APC NS but there are far more options, many that are better.
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
Currently, there are 1502 Active Users (383 Members and 1119 Guests)
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Ring Jacket - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 7 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang Grenadine Grossa Tie - Burgundy 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Real McCoy's Zielinski 37J1B jacket, 46 (L-XL) [NEW] 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015