Not all sanforized denim is created equal. That said, if the average pair reduces in size 3-5% post-wash, then 5% of 17.5"= ~.9". Add to it the fact that they were thrown in a hot dryer? It adds up to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1171post #17551 of 214173/23/12 at 10:06pmThread Starterpost #17552 of 214173/24/12 at 9:13ampost #17553 of 214173/24/12 at 12:09pmpost #17554 of 214173/24/12 at 1:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by CDHagg
Does anyone here have a pair of Seven for All Mankind Slimmy jeans? They fit me perfectly, but they aren't very sturdy and they have some elastane/spandex in them. I'm hoping to find a brand/model of jeans that fits identically, but which is higher quality - any recommendations?
I had the 7 Slimmy before, I found Levi's Matchstick fits very similiar, you can go from there and find other brands in comparison to Levi's (RRL Slim Boot, APC PS, etc.)post #17555 of 214173/24/12 at 4:05pmThread StarterQuote:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/68358/guide-on-how-to-break-in-raw-and-nonraw-jawns/0_50post #17556 of 214173/24/12 at 5:20pmHey Guys,
I've read thru at least two hundred pages of this thread trying to gather information. A lot of it is great and very informative, thanks to all who patiently answer a lot of repeat questions...
On to my question; looking for a new jean! I have a pair of APC NS's that I'm pretty happy with the overall fit but would prefer just a bit more in the rise. Definitely don't want to go any slimmer and willing to go just a tiny bit wider in the leg but not much. I also have a pair of 501's USA made selvage that fit pretty well also.
What can I get that would be a similar fit between the two and a good quality denim that will give pretty good fades? I don't have a price target other than $200 would be nice, $300 would be okay also. For the "right denim" willing to spend more but obviously, less is good!
Thanks in advance for any info and guidancepost #17557 of 214173/24/12 at 5:41pmpost #17558 of 214173/24/12 at 5:47pmQuote:
Damn, forgot to mention 3Sixteen...I actually tried on a pair today and didn't like what I thought were the low back pockets on them. Seemed to me that they started a bit low and went too far down the back of my leg. Meant to add this to my original post/questionpost #17559 of 214173/24/12 at 8:38pmQuote:
I found the same thing about the back pockets on the 316. The older models from 2010 didn't have this.
Porter - give Tellason a look for a great jean. Their new model with 14.75 oz cone denim is gorgeous.post #17560 of 214173/24/12 at 11:00pmThread Starter
If you've already done the Cone route then I'd suggest looking into denim that's a bit different. RRL (low straight) goes for around $230 retail and is a personal favorite. I'm also a fan of the Japanese denim Rogue Territory uses and you'd have your choice of weights and fits.post #17561 of 214173/25/12 at 2:28ampost #17562 of 214173/25/12 at 5:39ampost #17563 of 214173/25/12 at 2:09pmQuote:Picked up a pair of the RRL's today. Will probably still get one more pair in the cone denim.Originally Posted by whodini
If you've already done the Cone route then I'd suggest looking into denim that's a bit different. RRL (low straight) goes for around $230 retail and is a personal favorite. I'm also a fan of the Japanese denim Rogue Territory uses and you'd have your choice of weights and fits.
Thanks.post #17564 of 214173/25/12 at 2:15pmpost #17565 of 214173/25/12 at 2:30pmThread StarterQuote:
Many. Websites like Self Edge, Blue Owl, Context, etc. all offer measurements that you can browse and compare.
I'm guessing it's along the lines of APC NS but there are far more options, many that are better.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1238 Active Users (245 Members and 993 Guests)
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 12 seconds ago
- › Trying to ID a Bow Tie 13 seconds ago
- › I'm steamed: Half-canvassed Jos A Bank suit is fused and bubbling 1 minute ago
- › Schott NYC slim fit peacoat (MSRP: $310) 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...