Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1162post #17417 of 213883/2/12 at 3:06pmThread StarterQuote:There's a good thread on sufu about Leepros. You'll find the occasional link but I think a majority of the info that you'll want is offline. Loads of books have been written about the early days of denim, including Lee, but finding one that's Lee-specific might be more of a challenge.post #17418 of 213883/3/12 at 12:17pmpost #17419 of 213883/3/12 at 1:17pmpost #17420 of 213883/3/12 at 3:16pmpost #17421 of 213883/3/12 at 3:28pm
Quote:Originally Posted by whodini
What he said and you can't be serious. If anything, I'd have to call bullshit on your calves stretching out unless you bought corduroy jeggings and stuffed watermelons down them nightly.
Ah, the "how much will it cost the tailor in Anytown, Anycountry to do XYZ to my shit" question. I'll give you three guesses but you're asking the wrong question. You're assuming that any random tailor you know won't do a hack job to your jeans. Instead, think about getting in contact with a place/person that specializes in working with denim.
Well it's a 'jean' thread not a 'denim' thread, they're a jean cut with corduroy fabric so it was worth mentioning. And yeah, the calves really did stretch out, they were hugging my calves below the knee and now they're pretty loose. I have before/after pics somewhere. I might just sell them, they're really nice jeans just sized up from what I should have got.post #17422 of 213883/3/12 at 4:35pmThread StarterQuote:
So when you go to a jeans store, it's wall to wall corduroy? By definition, jeans are made of denim. The word "jeans" itself specifically comes from a term regarding the blue fabric of Genoa.
Just stop. You're embarrassing us both.post #17423 of 213883/3/12 at 4:41pmThread StarterQuote:
I think it's hard to gear a mens' cut towards a woman unless you're going for a "boyfriend" look.
Self Edge sells a few cuts geared towards women. Nudie, Rag & Bone, and APC would be good places to check. Sufu has a decent thread on denim for girls but the general consensus is that there just isn't the same focus on denim quality for women as there is for men.
One idea is to simply go the custom route, like Jack/Knife.post #17424 of 213883/3/12 at 7:06pmpost #17425 of 213883/4/12 at 1:14amX-Post from Small Questions.Quote:OK, apologies in advance as I know similar questions have probably been asked countless times before. Unfortunately forum searches are still quite rudimentary. Anyway, I'm looking for some new black skinny jeans. The criteria I'm looking for are slim/skinny fit (~6.5" - 7" hem) with some kind of stretch material (preferably polyurethane, but elastane is fine) and higher quality denim and construction (though it need not be super nice selvage, etc). I realize that there is plenty that fit this criteria. In fact, I was looking at N&F power stretch skinny guy or whatever and the price is definitely right on those...BUT I kind of like the idea of a bit more uniqueness to them (and am willing to pay more for such), even if it is not all that significant of a variance. I like these DBSS for example: http://zozotown.com/shop/midwest/goods.html?gid=1370044&did= .
I don't, however, really like the idea of paying over $250 for something not all that special that is non-returnable. The fit on those is precisely what I'm look for and the details are nice (albeit minor), though. J-shaped denim really intrigues me but I am not sure if such a thing exists that's not 100% cotton (I'm a sucker for immediate comfort without break-in). Also, I already own a pair of Acne Max Cash. I'm looking to replace them. I found the hem to be a tad wider than what I want. I would simply have them altered but I got a size too large as I thought sizing up would be a good idea. It wasn't, so the jeans are simply too big in general. Now I want something a bit different from that (especially since I own another pair of Acne Max's in a different wash).post #17426 of 213883/4/12 at 2:08am
Alright, i'm looking to spend about $100 (or less) on a new pair of jeans. I prefer a very dark blue wash that will take a long time to fade. I'm not a fan of "skinny" jeans but i am a slender man so they should be on the slim side. Levi's 511's are the skinniest jeans i'll wear. The other day I tried on a pair of joe's jeans in the brixton fit that i liked if that gives you a better idea of the fit i'm going for. Right now all my jeans are levi's with a couple pairs from calvin klein and i could really use a wardrobe upgrade! i tend to prefer plainer pants without weird stitching or anything. oh, i'm 6'2, 162lbs if that means anything to you. any suggestions would be appreciated!
edit - i live in Portland, OR (USA)post #17427 of 213883/4/12 at 7:51amThread StarterQuote:
If you're already at the basic 511 level then going up to $100 is useless unless that's the top of your budget for discounted jeans, and even then you might be cutting it a little close. There's nothing to recommend at retail in that range. You should either plan on spending a little more or resign yourself to bargain hunting.
In terms of brands, you can look here (http://www.styleforum.net/t/157881/non-apc-sub-200-raw-selvage-denim-options/0_50 ) as those brands will typically be found on sale or on B&S/ebay for around $100. On ebay, you can typically find brands like Lee 101, RRL, and Rag & Bone readily for cheap.post #17428 of 213883/4/12 at 8:26ampost #17429 of 213883/4/12 at 8:29amThread Starterpost #17430 of 213883/4/12 at 12:57pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Help! Pear-shaped Law student needs suit (USA) 14 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29 June 2016 - The "What the hell was I thinking"... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding