or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1157

post #17341 of 20697
yeah, i was looking for something specifically addressing whether these were sanforized but i'm going to assume it doesn't matter, thanks

*edit* just received an email from them

Thank you for your email. For our denim, it is not necessary to soak the raw denim before wearing. You can wear them right away.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Courtney
Edited by insomb - 2/20/12 at 11:01am
post #17342 of 20697
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

No offense to previous poster, but there's only so many times one can read the same question before this is the knee jerk reaction.

If only I had answered that question repeatedly over the past several days...
post #17343 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post

If only I had answered that question repeatedly over the past several days...

I've noticed your recent devotion to the thread, whodini. It seems that forum regulars go in spurts of hanging out in here and answering all questions before they just become too frustrated and burn out. Commodorewheeler is another good one who always tried to share what he knows (which is in fact a huge amount), but no doubt gets a bit fatigued with all the repeat questions.
post #17344 of 20697
^ I should take the opportunity here to point out that the search function on this forum SUCKS. I would love to see senior members here who answer the same question over and over again write blog entries here on the topic that would prevent their answer from getting buried very quickly in these "mega-threads" that seem to prevail in SF.

Disclaimer: this is NOT a dig on El Argentino or any other valuable member here who after answering the same question for the 1000th time will lose his cool -- we all can understand how it can get old after a while -- but rather a commentary on the need for a better system for making the most popular information sought on SF more easily found.
post #17345 of 20697
Thread Starter 
I'm pretty burned out by a lot on here and while I'm not as enthusiastic about denim as I was four years ago (ffs) it's easier for me to deal with typing a few sentences than seeing the same stupid bullshit repeated and passed on as gospel.

But I really wish there was a macro for the fucking $200 denim thread. I'll see if I can get Fok to put it on the main page since it seems to come up more often than the height of APC sizing questions.
post #17346 of 20697
^ like I said, we could stand to leverage the tools available on this forum software. Blogs and articles could prove very useful, though probably an article would be a better fit.

post #17347 of 20697
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post

^ I should take the opportunity here to point out that the search function on this forum SUCKS. I would love to see senior members here who answer the same question over and over again write blog entries here on the topic that would prevent their answer from getting buried very quickly in these "mega-threads" that seem to prevail in SF.
Disclaimer: this is NOT a dig on El Argentino or any other valuable member here who after answering the same question for the 1000th time will lose his cool -- we all can understand how it can get old after a while.

Blog entries? Do you read blog entries on here? Can't tell you how many times in the past I've been inside a "xyz" thread only to see how many people weren't aware that we covered that brand at length in the Main Page/blog subforum.

The search engine has been an ongoing issue, but don't think that just because someone writes something will mean it will actually prevent people from asking the same fucking questions.

Just look at how many people per week start "I need jeans that fit like xyz because I'm built like abc" even though this thread is stickied at the top.

I think you might be putting too much faith in humankind. After 6 years here, I have none.
post #17348 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post


You can do a bit of damage for $250. Take a look at these brands that are at the $200 mark: http://www.styleforum.net/t/157881/non-apc-sub-200-raw-selvage-denim-options/0_50
There are quite a few brands that do the "Made in the US with US denim" routine with a fit you're looking for, like Glory (on the cheaper side), Left Field, Imogene & Willie, Tellason, and it goes on if you're looking to investigate.
Two models that come to mind are Levi's (LVC) 1947 or RRL Straight Cut if you're looking for nicer denim.
Don't buy stretch fit jeans. Just don't. Aside from being crap, a crappy cut will be a crappy cut regardless of what kind of denim the jeans have.
If you decide to go the APC route (which I would put towards the bottom of the list of recommendations), you'll want to size down one or two so that the fit is initially snug, but not tight, and stretch out comfortably. If your true waist is 32", I'm not sure how a garment bigger than 32" will stretch. You need tension or pull for something to stretch.



Thanks whodini, I have a pair of Levi's Made and Crafted Ruler Straight leg I got from Barneys COOP with 8" leg opening and find it a little small. A lot of the other brands you mention aren't carried locally at the COOP, Bloomingdales or Nordstrom, I plan to make a visit to Denim Bar soon. Imogene & Willie looks good but no one stocking it locally, any thing other than APC you may suggest that could be easily found at regular stores.

post #17349 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post

I think you might be putting too much faith in humankind. After 6 years here, I have none.

Haha, yeah, I've been accused of that before -- guilty as charged. biggrin.gif

BUT at least the answer could be a link rather than a rant.........
post #17350 of 20697
The megathreads on SF make it hard to find the right information sometimes. I don't know who visits slickdeals forum, but they have a "wiki" in each thread that sits below the OP and is user editable by anyone. Something like that to add answers to these questions that get asked over and over would be very helpful.
post #17351 of 20697
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingTail View Post

Thanks whodini, I have a pair of Levi's Made and Crafted Ruler Straight leg I got from Barneys COOP with 8" leg opening and find it a little small. A lot of the other brands you mention aren't carried locally at the COOP, Bloomingdales or Nordstrom, I plan to make a visit to Denim Bar soon. Imogene & Willie looks good but no one stocking it locally, any thing other than APC you may suggest that could be easily found at regular stores.
COOP sells Rag & Bone but I think all of their fits have been converted towards more youth-friendly cuts. They do offer Naked & Famous but I frankly do not like their cuts at all.

I'd have to check to see who carries RRL nowadays in DC since the RRL store closed and the coop no longer carries them. Denim Bar is hopeless. There's a mens boutique or two around Georgetown but I haven't kept up with what any of them carry.

Honestly, just look up a pair that would look right via measurements and find an affiliate that has a liberal return policy. I understand your methods but it's 2012 and you're using a computer. Expand a bit, it's for the better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post

Haha, yeah, I've been accused of that before -- guilty as charged. biggrin.gif
BUT at least the answer could be a link rather than a rant.........
But do I really need to be the one to fucking copy and paste the same goddamn link? Seriously, if you searched "$200 denim" right now, it'd come up, as would anything related with a majority of the questions on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

The megathreads on SF make it hard to find the right information sometimes. I don't know who visits slickdeals forum, but they have a "wiki" in each thread that sits below the OP and is user editable by anyone. Something like that to add answers to these questions that get asked over and over would be very helpful.

Agreed but they are here because of how redundant the threads get, even when stickies are practically slapping people in the face saying, "Here, dumbshit. You have a question and you don't know shit? People who know shit might be able to help."

I know Fok is working on new stuff for the forum and this isn't the first time someone's referenced slick. One day...
post #17352 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post

So what made you go the olive resin route in that case? It doesn't make any sense.
Not all resins react the same. There's no way of knowing how the fabric will break in without knowing just how these jeans were treated. Some resins act as an overdye that breaks down in time, like scratching off the top coat of paint, resins can "set" the color of the jeans to preserve a specific look, or they can be light enough to simply come off after the first wash or two. There's really no way of knowing with what you have unless someone has tried it with that specific pair first or if r&b has treated samples (which is likely) in the past.
There are several shops around Houston. Mortar is an affiliate here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFowler2790 View Post

are the RB15X in olive resin raw denim? They seem like it but I can't find a definitive answer anywhere.baldy%5B1%5D.gif They say wash inside out and all and dont have pre-distress but I cant really tell...

Edit: NVM, dumb question, finally found the answer a few pages into a massive RB thread, Unless RB say RAW then they're a one-wash/rinse meaning all I have to do is start wearing these badboys huh? No presoak to account for shrinkage required?

Can anyone who's seen these jeans in person comment on the actual color? Does the resin actually turn the denim olive colored, or is it still distinctly blue but with a somewhat uniformly dirty look to it?
post #17353 of 20697

Does anyone know how is KMW 1980's fitting comparing to 3sixteen SL series? Especially on rise, thigh and leg opening.

post #17354 of 20697
Hey everyone. I'm really starting to lose patience on finding the perfect pair of waxed jeans. I tried looking online everywhere but either its not my style or it doesn't have my size (28 wait, 32 inseam).

I found three pairs at revolve clothing that I really want but not my size Is there anywhere else I can get jeans like these?

http://www.*********.com/product/76294?VendorCode=CMN&utm_source=shopzilla&utm_medium=comparisonshopping&utm_campaign=datafeed
http://www.*********.com/product/The-David-Jean-in-Black-Wax/110845
http://www.*********.com/product/The-Braydon-Jeans-in-Black/189802

In the past I bought waxed jeans from Zumiez, H&M, Urban Planet, Zara and Nudies but the styles were not too my liking I want really nice waxed/coated jeans, not too skinny but not too coated either :P

I'm from Canada by the way.
post #17355 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterblah View Post

Hey everyone. I'm really starting to lose patience on finding the perfect pair of waxed jeans. I tried looking online everywhere but either its not my style or it doesn't have my size (28 wait, 32 inseam).
I found three pairs at revolve clothing that I really want but not my size Is there anywhere else I can get jeans like these?
http://www.*********.com/product/76294?VendorCode=CMN&utm_source=shopzilla&utm_medium=comparisonshopping&utm_campaign=datafeed
http://www.*********.com/product/The-David-Jean-in-Black-Wax/110845
http://www.*********.com/product/The-Braydon-Jeans-in-Black/189802
In the past I bought waxed jeans from Zumiez, H&M, Urban Planet, Zara and Nudies but the styles were not too my liking I want really nice waxed/coated jeans, not too skinny but not too coated either :P
I'm from Canada by the way.

can you post this comment in more threads? here is an idea ... DO A FUCKING GOOGLE SEARCH.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.