or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1133

post #16981 of 20698

I have a quick question. I just got some robert geller jeans, and they are just a bit too big in the waist and thigh area. This is based on my first wear of them right out of the box. They are not raw denim. Will they still stretch to get even bigger? I was going to bring them to my tailor to taper them, but I wanted to know if I should wash them first to see how much they shrink. Is washing them still not recommended even if they are not raw?

 

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/robert_geller/slim_ash_jeans/40889

post #16982 of 20698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhale12 View Post

I have a quick question. I just got some robert geller jeans, and they are just a bit too big in the waist and thigh area. This is based on my first wear of them right out of the box. They are not raw denim. Will they still stretch to get even bigger? I was going to bring them to my tailor to taper them, but I wanted to know if I should wash them first to see how much they shrink. Is washing them still not recommended even if they are not raw?

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/robert_geller/slim_ash_jeans/40889

The fabric in those jeans is 5% polyurethane. I am not sure if or how much polyurethane stretches or shrinks, so I couldn't tell you specific answers to your questions.

One thing I can say is that those jeans don't look like they are colored with a fading dye, so you could probably wash them without really affecting the color of the denim.
post #16983 of 20698
i have a couple geller jeans and yes they will stretch at the waist and shrink back if you wash them.
post #16984 of 20698
I had a pair of Uri Geller jeans once, you could bend them in order to make them fit.
post #16985 of 20698
Hey guys I am interested in trying to find a unique pair of jeans and came across these Sammies.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=10376&category_id=1&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

Any idea of what to expect when Weft is made of #5 thickness 100% Japanese Washi paper.. with the fades? Any examples of a pair of denim faded with the paper? And also does it lessen the durability of the denim when paper is used instead of cotton?
post #16986 of 20698
I'm looking for a pair of solid black selvage jeans similar to this pair of nudies with a selvage line.
http://shop.nudiejeans.com/system/search/product.asp?id=2241

Any recommendations other than N&F?
post #16987 of 20698
3sixteen, APC, etc.
post #16988 of 20698
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

3sixteen, APC, etc.

I would get APC but they aren't solid black.
post #16989 of 20698
3sixteen is better quality anyhow nod[1].gif
post #16990 of 20698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post

I had a pair of Uri Geller jeans once, you could bend them in order to make them fit.

haha.. lol8[1].gif they can also read people's minds! btw... given all the horror of "washing" jeans with anything but water I am going to invent the world's first denim dry autoclave for disinfecting jeans! (this post shall also serve as copyright and patent notification for my future riches!)
post #16991 of 20698
Anywhere to buy discount/sale 7 FAMK jeans?
post #16992 of 20698

Hey guys. Just got my petite standards. I usually am a 30 in jeans and chinos, and I got a size 28. They are so tight it is ridiculous. I can get them up too my waist, but can't button any of the buttons. They are also very tight around my thighs. Will these stretch to fit well, or should I go with a size 29?

 

post #16993 of 20698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhale12 View Post


Hey guys. Just got my petite standards. I usually am a 30 in jeans and chinos, and I got a size 28. They are so tight it is ridiculous. I can get them up too my waist, but can't button any of the buttons. They are also very tight around my thighs. Will these stretch to fit well, or should I go with a size 29?


If you can't button any of the buttons, you need to size up. Thigh tightness will ease with wear.
post #16994 of 20698

I feel if I size up when they stretch they will be too big around my thighs and calfs. May have to just resort back to the tailor. Damn I have spent way to much money getting shit tailored.

post #16995 of 20698
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post


You could try airing them out in direct sunlight. I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard that it helps for odors.

Yeah I normally just put them outside for a few days and it gets sunlight and a light freeze overnight, doesn't seem to be working this time though
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Just wash it. It won't kill your denim
Otherwise, throwing them in a deep-freeze freezer will eliminate most odors. The bacteria dies, but the stains will still be there.

Yeah, I'm at this conclusion right now, wont' have time till the weekend though so maybe a few more days outside will get rid of the smell. The smell isn't that strong but I can't go to class smelling like alcohol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.