or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1118

post #16756 of 20611
I'm looking for a slim fitting white jean, similar to N&F WG, APC NS, etc. I know that at one point N&F offered the WG in bleached denim, which is exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't find it in my size anywhere. Any other suggestions?
post #16757 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolero View Post

I'm looking for a slim fitting white jean, similar to N&F WG, APC NS, etc. I know that at one point N&F offered the WG in bleached denim, which is exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't find it in my size anywhere. Any other suggestions?

Not the greatest of quality, surely, but they look fairly decent. And with all the sales the Crew is running, you could get these for fairly cheap, I imagine. It's a "wheat garment-dye" - reviews on the board say they behave fairly well.

350
post #16758 of 20611

From what I've read on SF, it seems like people venturing into raw denim start with APC, Nudies, or LVC as their first pair and then, after falling in love with raw denim (obviously), move on to the more expensive Japanese brands like Samurai, Ironheart, PBJ, etc.

 

 

Is there something to be said for starting with a starter pair of quality raw denim before moving up into the more artisan brands?  The only jeans I've worn recently have been a pair of raw Gap 1969s, which I bought before I figured out what raw denim was (with pretty decent fading in the end), and a pair of raw Levi 514s that I got on sale.  This might sound dumb, but will I even be able to appreciate the difference between say Samurai and APC having only worn mediocre jeans up to this point?

post #16759 of 20611
What's the difference between Levi's made and crafted line and LVC? Are they of comparable quality?
post #16760 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Not the greatest of quality, surely, but they look fairly decent. And with all the sales the Crew is running, you could get these for fairly cheap, I imagine. It's a "wheat garment-dye" - reviews on the board say they behave fairly well. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
350

Cool, thanks...those look promising, especially for the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodAcres View Post

From what I've read on SF, it seems like people venturing into raw denim start with APC, Nudies, or LVC as their first pair and then, after falling in love with raw denim (obviously), move on to the more expensive Japanese brands like Samurai, Ironheart, PBJ, etc.

Is there something to be said for starting with a starter pair of quality raw denim before moving up into the more artisan brands?  The only jeans I've worn recently have been a pair of raw Gap 1969s, which I bought before I figured out what raw denim was (with pretty decent fading in the end), and a pair of raw Levi 514s that I got on sale.  This might sound dumb, but will I even be able to appreciate the difference between say Samurai and APC having only worn mediocre jeans up to this point?

Speaking from my experience as a relative denim noob, the hardest part about moving up to the artisan brands was understanding how different cuts fit since I couldn't try a bunch of them on. I mean I know how to take measurements, but didn't really understand what it meant in terms of fit if one cut had a 1" higher back rise than another, for example. So I found it helpful to start with APC and N&F to figure out which cuts fit me best in those brands, and since they're universally known around here they make excellent fit references for comparison with the artisan brands.

As for the difference in quality...it depends on the brands of course but between Samurai and APC, there is really no comparison. The quality of the denim, construction, etc. with Samurai is so vastly superior...you'll definitely notice the difference.
post #16761 of 20611

Can someone recommend a few pairs of jeans with a similar fit to the J. Lindeberg Eddie Lefthand? A little bit more tapered works too.

 

Thanks!

post #16762 of 20611
I doubt anybody here knows what those jeans fit like. Measure them according to this method and look for similar brands: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=

Or list the measurements here and ask for suggestions.
post #16763 of 20611

Found some cheap APC Petit Standards on ebay that have only been worn a few times but the seller gave them a brief, cold soak before wearing, how will this affect potential fading?

post #16764 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolero View Post

I'm looking for a slim fitting white jean, similar to N&F WG, APC NS, etc. I know that at one point N&F offered the WG in bleached denim, which is exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't find it in my size anywhere. Any other suggestions?

Spurr does white jeans that I like (nice powdery white look). You can also find various Helmut Lang white jeans on ebay pretty frequently. And there are some RRL white jeans floating around on B&S, I think (look for user deez nuts).
Edited by pickpackpockpuck - 12/22/11 at 12:12pm
post #16765 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

What's the difference between Levi's made and crafted line and LVC? Are they of comparable quality?

sufu has tons of info about lvc. you will find tons of people overseas that know a lot about this segment. i only own a couple lvc pieces but i can say the make and quality of the garments is amazing. not quite as good as some of the higher end japanese repo companies (samurai, sda, pbj, etc.) but still very good. they also redo a couple really cool older cuts like the 501 carrot cut, etc.
post #16766 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

I doubt anybody here knows what those jeans fit like. Measure them according to this method and look for similar brands: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=
Or list the measurements here and ask for suggestions.

not sure what your asking? in that link you provided gordon is measuring a pair of sugar cane hawaii jeans. are you asking what the hawaii cut is like?
Edited by whatever123 - 12/22/11 at 1:37pm
post #16767 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post

not sure what your asking? in that link you provided gordon is measuring a pair of sugar cane hawaii jeans. are you asking what the hawaii cut is like?
blue in green has a ton of different cuts and styles and offers the finest made japanese denim products (among other high-end japanese fashion designs) in the united states. if you are after a specific cut, please provide more details on what you like. for example, do you want a low/mid/high rise jean? do you want a straight/slim/skinny jean cut? do you want a lighter denim or do you want something with a bit more weight? do you have a specific color preference? do you want something raw or do you want something that has been thoughtfully pre-faded? there are ton of different things to consider aside from just the fit. if you are in nyc go to big and they will help you. if you are not in nyc please provide details on what you want and we can make several recommendations.

... I'm asking him to post measurements using the BiG method...
post #16768 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post

sufu has tons of info about lvc. you will find tons of people overseas that know a lot about this segment. i only own a couple lvc pieces but i can say the make and quality of the garments is amazing. not quite as good as some of the higher end japanese repo companies (samurai, sda, pbj, etc.) but still very good. they also redo a couple really cool older cuts like the 501 carrot cut, etc.

Thanks, but I was asking the difference between LVC and Made and Crafted. I see a ton of talk about LVC but never the other. Are their made and crafted jeans good as well?
post #16769 of 20611

Does anyone know of ANY selvedge denim in a size 44 inch waist?

 

I have recently had some medical problems and one of the medications I have to take has made me gain quite a bit of weight. I've gone from a 36/38 to a 44, and am finding it nearly impossible to find selvedge jeans to fit me. Just because I"m much larger than I was 6 months ago, doesn't mean I want to start wearing sweat pants around everywhere. lol

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

post #16770 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4zz View Post

Does anyone know of ANY selvedge denim in a size 44 inch waist?

I have recently had some medical problems and one of the medications I have to take has made me gain quite a bit of weight. I've gone from a 36/38 to a 44, and am finding it nearly impossible to find selvedge jeans to fit me. Just because I"m much larger than I was 6 months ago, doesn't mean I want to start wearing sweat pants around everywhere. lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

i would stop taking the medication.

i dont think they go to that size. you may be able to find a 40 ... try oni or pbj. maybe pbj still does a 42?

nothing wrong with sweat pants. i wear my dries van noten sweats around once or twice a week.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.