or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1102

post #16516 of 20697
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyEyes View Post

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You bought washed slim bootcuts. RRL makes other fits, just not in that color. Either size up or change brands because slim jeans will fit...slim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating View Post

thanks for the reply mate but i really detest n&f denim and that blue is god awful
lol
was looking for grey, like damp concrete.

I've never seen "pbj"-slub outside of tweed blends. There has been plenty of good grey made (Dior, Jean Shop, and then to lesser extents stuff like NdG, or washed RRL) but there just isn't a demand because there isn't the culture or interest behind it.
post #16517 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post

You bought washed slim bootcuts. RRL makes other fits, just not in that color. Either size up or change brands because slim jeans will fit...slim.

So if I size up that wont help at all? I don't mind slim fit, it just cant be to the point where it's uncomfortable for me to do normal things like sitting down lol.
post #16518 of 20697
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyEyes View Post

So if I size up that wont help at all? I don't mind slim fit, it just cant be to the point where it's uncomfortable for me to do normal things like sitting down lol.

The problem is that it's not a universal fit. At tagged size, most people are ok with the fit but complain about the waist being loose. I've sized down one in the past and while the thighs are slim, they're definitely not what I'd consider uncomfortable in the least. For these reasons, it's worrisome that you've gone with your tagged size and still don't like the fit. So if the cut doesn't work for you, why are you pushing the issue?
post #16519 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post

The problem is that it's not a universal fit. At tagged size, most people are ok with the fit but complain about the waist being loose. I've sized down one in the past and while the thighs are slim, they're definitely not what I'd consider uncomfortable in the least. For these reasons, it's worrisome that you've gone with your tagged size and still don't like the fit. So if the cut doesn't work for you, why are you pushing the issue?

I suppose it's because I really like the color and I was told they don't come in any other cuts.
post #16520 of 20697
Thread Starter 
If the glove don't fit
post #16521 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post

If the glove don't fit

Do you know what fit from RRL would be better for me?
post #16522 of 20697
Does anyone have any good fade pics for rag and bone denim?
post #16523 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyEyes View Post

Do you know what fit from RRL would be better for me?

Low Straights and Straight Leg
post #16524 of 20697
Hey guys, any recommendations for a overdyed black selvedge pair for under $150?
post #16525 of 20697
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kross View Post

Does anyone have any good fade pics for rag and bone denim?
Not sure how much help it'd be since the denim varies from model to model, season to season. There might be some pics on the "pics of denim" thread or on other sites like sufu or denim archive but again, I don't think they'd be very useful unless you were lucky enough to find the exact same model with the exact same denim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepc View Post

Hey guys, any recommendations for a overdyed black selvedge pair for under $150?

On sale/B&S? Yes. Retail, no.
post #16526 of 20697
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Low Straights and Straight Leg

Different fits have different colorways offered. I think they only have the Straight in indigo and a few colors for the LS. The Brown LS might be the closest to what he's looking for.
post #16527 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post

Not sure how much help it'd be since the denim varies from model to model, season to season. There might be some pics on the "pics of denim" thread or on other sites like sufu or denim archive but again, I don't think they'd be very useful unless you were lucky enough to find the exact same model with the exact same denim.
On sale/B&S? Yes. Retail, no.

It was this RB15X model. I'm trying to get my friend into raw denim and this was the first pair he chose because it felt the most comfortable for him because it was only 10oz and much softer than the other brands on the shelf. Does R&B denim generally have a good rep? I'm just hoping I didn't lead him astray here because I told him fades would be awesome for raw yadayadayada.
post #16528 of 20697
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kross View Post

It was this RB15X model. I'm trying to get my friend into raw denim and this was the first pair he chose because it felt the most comfortable for him because it was only 10oz and much softer than the other brands on the shelf. Does R&B denim generally have a good rep? I'm just hoping I didn't lead him astray here because I told him fades would be awesome for raw yadayadayada.
r&b's denim program has change dramatically over the years. It was never really meant to compete with repro brands but rather as a more-polished, "dressier" alternative to designer jeans. They used to only use Cone but now they use mostly Japanese with a few American/Cone pieces. Is the denim itself good? Again, it depends on which model but overall it's good. I believe the model you linked is Cone White Oak which, while not as interesting as other denim, is well-regarded. The X-series, however, has been noted for cutting a few corners in details as compared to the standard series (non-x), but the denim is quality at least. You might want to tell your buddy that lighter-ounce stuff might not break in the same as heavy but to keep at it. There are plenty of good examples of lighter Cone stuff wearing in nicely.

I think r&b is trying to price all their jeans under the $200 range which is a smart play in which to compete with the flooded market of USA-made jeans these days.
post #16529 of 20697
whodini, my 8 months old NFXBJ (washed 2 times) is still effectively fucking up my boots. How do I prevent this?
post #16530 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post

r&b's denim program has change dramatically over the years. It was never really meant to compete with repro brands but rather as a more-polished, "dressier" alternative to designer jeans. They used to only use Cone but now they use mostly Japanese with a few American/Cone pieces. Is the denim itself good? Again, it depends on which model but overall it's good. I believe the model you linked is Cone White Oak which, while not as interesting as other denim, is well-regarded. The X-series, however, has been noted for cutting a few corners in details as compared to the standard series (non-x), but the denim is quality at least. You might want to tell your buddy that lighter-ounce stuff might not break in the same as heavy but to keep at it. There are plenty of good examples of lighter Cone stuff wearing in nicely.
I think r&b is trying to price all their jeans under the $200 range which is a smart play in which to compete with the flooded market of USA-made jeans these days.

Thanks for all the info whodini, may the fades be with you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.