Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1100
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16487 of 2131011/24/11 at 11:19amThread StarterQuote:As much as you need to, but that last sentence doesn't make any sense.post #16488 of 2131011/24/11 at 6:24pm
You get what you pay for. They are OK for jeans in the $70-$80 price range, but they are of worse quality than most brands of jeans that cost more.Quote:
Why would you want to taper if you are going to wear the jeans with boots? Boots generally go better with jeans with larger leg openings.post #16489 of 2131011/24/11 at 6:29pmpost #16490 of 2131011/24/11 at 11:17pmpost #16491 of 2131011/24/11 at 11:39pmpost #16492 of 2131011/25/11 at 9:28amQuote:Originally Posted by gfreeman
I'd say I'd want to keep them around $300 or so. I need them to accommodate big (and I mean big) thighs, which is why I've been wearing the Weird Guy cut from N&F. But still slim, obviously. I have large upper legs, but I'm not fat. If they don't taper quite as much as the Weird Guy, that's fine. Straight cut is cool too. Color-wise, indigo/deep indigo kind of colour. That help narrow it down?
try the oni blue cut.post #16493 of 2131011/25/11 at 10:58am
Most of my jeans are pre-washed, pre-shrunk, but I've been wanting a pair of raw denim just to try out for a while. I wear a 32x32 in levis 501 and 514 and a few months ago bought a pair of levis 501 stf jeans in a 33x34 since all over I researched that I should size up a size or two. I soaked them in hot water, but they were still too big so I'll probably just throw them in the wash and hope they shrink more, but for my new pair I've been considering a pair (all of these are levis) of 501 stf, hesher, or matchstick (leaning against matchstick since I think it would be considerably slimmer than what I normally wear).
With my current pre-shrunk 32x32 jeans, they're a good fit for me, but a little loose in the waist, although a belt makes them perfect. I'm wondering if I should go tts in my new pair of jeans, size up, or size down since I've heard raw denim often stretches. When I get them I'll probably give them a hot soak and at some point these may get put in the washer/dryer unless there is some horrible reason why they shouldn't (or maybe washer then hang dry?).
Also, any tips for not getting denim stains on your shoes? Sorry for the long post, I didn't know any better way to phrase my question.
Edit: Screw you black friday, hesher/matchstick nowhere near my size available, only option atm is regular 501 stf although I will still consider waiting for a different pair. As another option, 514 raw?
Edited by TonicAura - 11/25/11 at 11:09ampost #16494 of 2131011/25/11 at 11:46ampost #16495 of 2131011/25/11 at 12:28pm
I just ordered these but know little about raw denim. I've done a fair bit of searching and reading up on it, but have a question with an ambiguous answer. Should I have bought these in a size or two larger? I understand sanforized/unsanforized, but nothing on the site seems to indicate which it is.post #16496 of 2131011/25/11 at 2:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bateman87
I just ordered these but know little about raw denim. I've done a fair bit of searching and reading up on it, but have a question with an ambiguous answer. Should I have bought these in a size or two larger? I understand sanforized/unsanforized, but nothing on the site seems to indicate which it is.
it says they are unwashed in the description.post #16497 of 2131011/25/11 at 2:19pm
Right, but isn't all Raw Denim "unwashed", even if it's sanfordized or not? In the description for the Shrink-To-Fits, it says this, which is a lot more than just saying "unwashed":Quote:If you plan to wash, increase size by 1" if your waist is 27" - 36", 2" if 38" - 48", and 3" if 50" and up. Increase size by 3" if your inseam is 27" - 34", and 4" if 36" and up. Using alternate methods to washing in water will allow you to maintain the size and develop a unique, broken-in finish.post #16498 of 2131011/25/11 at 2:40pm
I need some help deciding between the NS and PS :X
First off, I have huge thighs, but my build overall is pretty lean. I measured the 511's i have right now and I like the knee width and leg opening. but the main problem is that the thigh to crotch seam measures (from bottom of the crotch seam to the outside seam) 10-11ish while the knee is 8" and the opening is ~7". My true waist is 30". Not sure what size or cut to even get, but I'm leaning more toward the NS in size 28/29 maybe. I'm 5'6 and 130 lbs. If anyone has the same w/h as me and has bought an APC jean I'd appreciate the help! Thanks
Can someone confirm that the NS will be the better cut for me?
Edit: Actually I was browsing this forum and I saw some guy with 23" thighs wearing a 30 PS. Now i'm utterly confused, but I think the PS will be a better cut? What size should I get for ps then :X
So ultimately: should I get 28 NS or 28 PS?post #16499 of 2131011/25/11 at 3:32pmThread StarterQuote:No, because even one-wash denim can be raw. I would like to think Levi's was smart enough to make the distinction when they described the jeans as being in an "unwashed, raw state."
The rule of thumb is simple: unless the seller tells you they're unsanforized (and most make a big deal of it), it's more than safe to assume they're sanforized. Why would Levi's go through all the trouble of describing and detailing their STF collection but drop the ball here?post #16500 of 2131011/25/11 at 4:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by whodiniQuote:No, because even one-wash denim can be raw. I would like to think Levi's was smart enough to make the distinction when they described the jeans as being in an "unwashed, raw state."
The rule of thumb is simple: unless the seller tells you they're unsanforized (and most make a big deal of it), it's more than safe to assume they're sanforized. Why would Levi's go through all the trouble of describing and detailing their STF collection but drop the ball here?
Your tone implies you're disagreeing with me, yet you just explained in detail what I summarized. Confusing.
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 10 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 16 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Cheap Pocket Squares 18 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 23 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 28 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 31 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...