or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1042

post #15616 of 20608
Does anyone know where I can buy Dior Homme 21cm jeans online (from a legit store, not from places like eBay). I've checked Luisaviaroma, but they don't have it and I've emailed them and they said they won't be getting any more... Any wash is fine, but I need a size 26.
post #15617 of 20608
Try calling the Las Vegas Dior store.
post #15618 of 20608
I'm from Canada, will it be possible to ship it here?
I just want a nice pair of jeans, it doesn't necessarily have to be Dior. I'm sick and tired of spending like 200-300 on jeans and then have them fall apart or stretch ridiculously.
post #15619 of 20608
Good advice on buying denim from Kiya at Self Edge: http://www.esquire.co.uk/2011/08/jeans-a-buyers-checklist/. One thing that I think gets forgotten on SF: selvedge doesn't always mean quality.
post #15620 of 20608
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck View Post

Good advice on buying denim from Kiya at Self Edge: http://www.esquire.co.uk/2011/08/jeans-a-buyers-checklist/. One thing that I think gets forgotten on SF: selvedge doesn't always mean quality.

Congrats on being the first person to say that.
post #15621 of 20608
Hey, some things are worth repeating, especially for noobs who might be coming to this thread looking for info.
post #15622 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck View Post

One thing that I think gets forgotten on SF: selvedge doesn't always mean quality.

Add

Selvedge doesn't always mean (vintage) shuttle loom.
post #15623 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by tightandbright View Post

I'm from Canada, will it be possible to ship it here?
I just want a nice pair of jeans, it doesn't necessarily have to be Dior. I'm sick and tired of spending like 200-300 on jeans and then have them fall apart or stretch ridiculously.

If you're willing to pay for it, they'll probably do it.
post #15624 of 20608
I bought a pair of Iron Heart 301s from Self Edge and received them yesterday. I thought they were slim fit because Self Edge describes them that way, but after trying them on I think they are really a skinny fit on me. How much will these things loosen up in the thighs and seat? I want them to look like they do on the model on the Self Edge site:http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=408 . I can't pull off the emo skinny jeans look even though I am tall. Since wearing them since yesterday I have noticed them loosening in the calves and waist, but this is 21 oz denim, so I'm doubting they'll loosen up as much as normal selvage.
post #15625 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray1381 View Post

I bought a pair of Iron Heart 301s from Self Edge and received them yesterday. I thought they were slim fit because Self Edge describes them that way, but after trying them on I think they are really a skinny fit on me. How much will these things loosen up in the thighs and seat? I want them to look like they do on the model on the Self Edge site:http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=408 . I can't pull off the emo skinny jeans look even though I am tall. Since wearing them since yesterday I have noticed them loosening in the calves and waist, but this is 21 oz denim, so I'm doubting they'll loosen up as much as normal selvage.

From the photo on SE, I wouldn't consider them "slim". On the model, they're looking rather skinny (not skin-tight sperm-stealing skinny, but still very trim). Could you post fit pics to get a better idea of how they look on you? Also, 21oz or not, they can and will stretch at least an inch in a couple weeks of wear.

Note: part of the "tightness" is due to it being starched. Wear them to sleep, to the grocery store, and to work for the next week and they'll feel a lot better overall.
post #15626 of 20608
Seems to me the IH Beatle Buster might be what you are looking for. Pretty slim but with a touch more room than the 301 (skinny straight vs skinny).
post #15627 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray1381 View Post

I bought a pair of Iron Heart 301s from Self Edge and received them yesterday. I thought they were slim fit because Self Edge describes them that way, but after trying them on I think they are really a skinny fit on me. How much will these things loosen up in the thighs and seat? I want them to look like they do on the model on the Self Edge site:http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=408 . I can't pull off the emo skinny jeans look even though I am tall. Since wearing them since yesterday I have noticed them loosening in the calves and waist, but this is 21 oz denim, so I'm doubting they'll loosen up as much as normal selvage.

They'll loosen up a fair amount in the seat as you wear them, but probably not so much in the thighs, just because jeans in general tend not to stretch out much there. IME, IH's standard 21 oz. denim is actually fairly stretchy, I don't think you'll have problems stretching it out everywhere except probably the thighs.
post #15628 of 20608
Critique at will. Again, the real problem I have is they are so tight in the thighs and seat. They are are size 32. For comparisons sake, I wear a 32 in APC New Standards and a 32 in N&F Slimguys. Here you go ...
b7kkjr.jpg
25qsqva.jpg

I cross posted to the Iron Heart Forums as well.
post #15629 of 20608
They honestly don't look bad at all. Could you button them up fully from the get-go, or did it take a day or two of wear before they stretched enough in the waist?

Either way, the simplest way I've found to stretch out the seat/thighs is to sit around in them. A lot. Also, like I mentioned previously, sleeping in them a night can stretch them out quite a bit.
post #15630 of 20608
They didn't button right up. I wore them with every button buttoned up, other than the top button, for a few hours. Then I was able to button the top button. Since then I've been able to button them up all the way no problem. Now they actually feel very good around the waist. They are obviously tight in the seat, but not uncomfortably so. The thighs are definitely very tight though. However, the calves were also very tight when I first put them on and now the feel fine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.