or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1032

post #15466 of 20892
anyone got a link to a post made a couple months back about how a denimhead from Japan recommended to take care of jeans? it recommended washing them in a laundry bag like once a month or something.
post #15467 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx View Post

anyone got a link to a post made a couple months back about how a denimhead from Japan recommended to take care of jeans? it recommended washing them in a laundry bag like once a month or something.

I don't know but your avatar is freaking me out.
post #15468 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post


I don't know but your avatar is freaking me out.

the new styleforum layout blew up my pic. maybe i should resize it or smth.
post #15469 of 20892
This method is down to earth, I trust this guy.
Denimworks Method

For the laughs, when denim washing gets delusional
Samurai Method
post #15470 of 20892
I've been wearing my Levi 501 STF for 3 days straight now after 1 initial soak. The creases around the waist (whiskers), and the creases behind the knees (honeycombs) are beginning to look nice but I'm worried that I wont get any fading anywhere else because the jeans are a little baggy on me. Also, the knee area on both legs pops out when I take the pants off, is that normal? Will I get any fading if the pants are slightly bigger on me? Most raw denim I see appears to be skin tight.
post #15471 of 20892
All clothing that gets worn will experience wear.
post #15472 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrero View Post

This method is down to earth, I trust this guy.
Denimworks Method

For the laughs, when denim washing gets delusional
Samurai Method

We've got a washing vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGdNrDT3peY

Azalea Boutique put up a good one just a few days ago: http://vimeo.com/26331745

and Mr. Jonathan Henning has taken a shower in his pair here biggrin.gif http://vimeo.com/26233365

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonK View Post

I've been wearing my Levi 501 STF for 3 days straight now after 1 initial soak. The creases around the waist (whiskers), and the creases behind the knees (honeycombs) are beginning to look nice but I'm worried that I wont get any fading anywhere else because the jeans are a little baggy on me. Also, the knee area on both legs pops out when I take the pants off, is that normal? Will I get any fading if the pants are slightly bigger on me? Most raw denim I see appears to be skin tight.

It will take a little longer for fades to come out if the jeans don't fit you skin tight, but they'll come! It really depends on how you wear them and how often you do. Knee bulging is pretty common too. You could soak the knees to shrink them if you really want to but almost everyone gets knee bulge biggrin.gif it's a lot more common on tighter fitting denim.
post #15473 of 20892
I'm 5'5" and was wondering what kinds of fits should i avoid that will make me look even shorter? what fits will put less emphasis on my short height? at the moment, i wear apc ps. i've been hearing they're tapered or straight leg. i avoid cuffing, high tops, ect. just because of my height, is there anything else i should be looking to avoid?
post #15474 of 20892
Don't stack like crazy.
post #15475 of 20892
Hey guys,i'll ask a pretty noobish question,i'm reading men's clothing mainly so i have quite little knowledge about denim but i want to get a good pair of jeans,the thing is my waist is comparably small and my butt and thighs are big,until now i was wearing levi's mainly loose fit,758 is the model that fits me,what brand and specific model will you recommend?I'm looking for something not very expensive,if i can keep it around 100$ it'll be good,if you can tell sites that will have them and have international shipping i'll appreciate that very much.
post #15476 of 20892

Sup, brahs....

 

I just got my first 'real' pair of Raw Selvedge jeans (N&F Weird Guy).   I'm a 32-30, so I'll need them hemmed a few inches. 

 

My goal is to have whatever hemming/stitch method used to retain a natural drape, break etc..etc..and not look like shit, to be blunt.

 

That being said, should I;

 

1)  Have them keep the original hems?

 

2) Chain stitch 'em vs. some easier method?

 

3) Any other considerations. 

 

 

I'm aware these topics have been belabored over endlessly, but wanting to honor the asshole noob tradition, I was hoping someone could shed some more light....happy.gif

 

 

Thanks.

 

 

 

post #15477 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by b14k View Post

I'm 5'5" and was wondering what kinds of fits should i avoid that will make me look even shorter? what fits will put less emphasis on my short height? at the moment, i wear apc ps. i've been hearing they're tapered or straight leg. i avoid cuffing, high tops, ect. just because of my height, is there anything else i should be looking to avoid?

Sounds like you've got the right cut. In addition to what you've already said, the rise can be important. Depending on your proportion, if your legs are short, lower rise jeans could make em look even shorter and make your torso look disproportionately long. Conversly, higher rise could have the opposite effect. If you don't tuck your shirts (and who does around here?) prolly isn't gonna matter. Shirt length will tho.. Just get the proportions right.

I've always thought the leg opening makes a difference also. If it swallows your shoes, your gonna look like a little kid. Avoid anything jarring at the leg opening - huge cuffs, massive stacking, prolly gonna make your legs look shorter. A smoother transition to your shoes may make your legs look longer. Shoe color comes into play IMHO.

And of course always walk a chiwawa when in public.
post #15478 of 20892
I'd like to pick up a pair of lightweight, raw jeans (heat wave, moving to TX next year) in the ~$150 range. Currently, I'm eyeing the N&F Lightweight Selvedge WG's, but I'm indifferent about the dye used. It's labeled "indigo greycast", but all the images I've seen online make it out to be much more grey than indigo; I love the denim used in the Japan Heritage release, with LHT/deep indigo being close runner-ups. Could anyone who owns the same pair solve this dilemma for me, or stray me in another direction? Also, please don't reccomend OUTCLASS' Concrete cut, for reasons mentioned above.
post #15479 of 20892
I want to get a pair of raw selvedge denims. Something thin with a 28" waist and a 34"+ inseam. They must be blue and no more the $250. What are my options? I'm leaning towards the A.P.C. petite standards.
post #15480 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonK View Post

I want to get a pair of raw selvedge denims. Something thin with a 28" waist and a 34"+ inseam. They must be blue and no more the $250. What are my options? I'm leaning towards the A.P.C. petite standards.

Could you elaborate on what sort of fit you're looking for? Also, there are virtually millions of shades of indigo. Are you looking for something BLUE blue ("vintage" wash by most terms), or something dark? Light? Shrug.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.