Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1032post #15466 of 213627/21/11 at 5:47pmpost #15467 of 213627/21/11 at 6:04pmQuote:
I don't know but your avatar is freaking me out.post #15468 of 213627/21/11 at 8:27pmpost #15469 of 213627/21/11 at 8:52pmpost #15470 of 213627/21/11 at 11:21pmI've been wearing my Levi 501 STF for 3 days straight now after 1 initial soak. The creases around the waist (whiskers), and the creases behind the knees (honeycombs) are beginning to look nice but I'm worried that I wont get any fading anywhere else because the jeans are a little baggy on me. Also, the knee area on both legs pops out when I take the pants off, is that normal? Will I get any fading if the pants are slightly bigger on me? Most raw denim I see appears to be skin tight.post #15471 of 213627/21/11 at 11:46pmpost #15472 of 213627/22/11 at 10:10amQuote:
We've got a washing vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGdNrDT3peY
Azalea Boutique put up a good one just a few days ago: http://vimeo.com/26331745
and Mr. Jonathan Henning has taken a shower in his pair here http://vimeo.com/26233365Quote:Originally Posted by HarrisonK
I've been wearing my Levi 501 STF for 3 days straight now after 1 initial soak. The creases around the waist (whiskers), and the creases behind the knees (honeycombs) are beginning to look nice but I'm worried that I wont get any fading anywhere else because the jeans are a little baggy on me. Also, the knee area on both legs pops out when I take the pants off, is that normal? Will I get any fading if the pants are slightly bigger on me? Most raw denim I see appears to be skin tight.
It will take a little longer for fades to come out if the jeans don't fit you skin tight, but they'll come! It really depends on how you wear them and how often you do. Knee bulging is pretty common too. You could soak the knees to shrink them if you really want to but almost everyone gets knee bulge it's a lot more common on tighter fitting denim.post #15473 of 213627/22/11 at 3:28pmI'm 5'5" and was wondering what kinds of fits should i avoid that will make me look even shorter? what fits will put less emphasis on my short height? at the moment, i wear apc ps. i've been hearing they're tapered or straight leg. i avoid cuffing, high tops, ect. just because of my height, is there anything else i should be looking to avoid?post #15474 of 213627/22/11 at 3:56pmpost #15475 of 213627/23/11 at 4:03pmHey guys,i'll ask a pretty noobish question,i'm reading men's clothing mainly so i have quite little knowledge about denim but i want to get a good pair of jeans,the thing is my waist is comparably small and my butt and thighs are big,until now i was wearing levi's mainly loose fit,758 is the model that fits me,what brand and specific model will you recommend?I'm looking for something not very expensive,if i can keep it around 100$ it'll be good,if you can tell sites that will have them and have international shipping i'll appreciate that very much.post #15476 of 213627/24/11 at 4:44pm
I just got my first 'real' pair of Raw Selvedge jeans (N&F Weird Guy). I'm a 32-30, so I'll need them hemmed a few inches.
My goal is to have whatever hemming/stitch method used to retain a natural drape, break etc..etc..and not look like shit, to be blunt.
That being said, should I;
1) Have them keep the original hems?
2) Chain stitch 'em vs. some easier method?
3) Any other considerations.
I'm aware these topics have been belabored over endlessly, but wanting to honor the asshole noob tradition, I was hoping someone could shed some more light....
Thanks.post #15477 of 213627/24/11 at 6:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by b14k
I'm 5'5" and was wondering what kinds of fits should i avoid that will make me look even shorter? what fits will put less emphasis on my short height? at the moment, i wear apc ps. i've been hearing they're tapered or straight leg. i avoid cuffing, high tops, ect. just because of my height, is there anything else i should be looking to avoid?
Sounds like you've got the right cut. In addition to what you've already said, the rise can be important. Depending on your proportion, if your legs are short, lower rise jeans could make em look even shorter and make your torso look disproportionately long. Conversly, higher rise could have the opposite effect. If you don't tuck your shirts (and who does around here?) prolly isn't gonna matter. Shirt length will tho.. Just get the proportions right.
I've always thought the leg opening makes a difference also. If it swallows your shoes, your gonna look like a little kid. Avoid anything jarring at the leg opening - huge cuffs, massive stacking, prolly gonna make your legs look shorter. A smoother transition to your shoes may make your legs look longer. Shoe color comes into play IMHO.
And of course always walk a chiwawa when in public.post #15478 of 213627/24/11 at 6:24pmI'd like to pick up a pair of lightweight, raw jeans (heat wave, moving to TX next year) in the ~$150 range. Currently, I'm eyeing the N&F Lightweight Selvedge WG's, but I'm indifferent about the dye used. It's labeled "indigo greycast", but all the images I've seen online make it out to be much more grey than indigo; I love the denim used in the Japan Heritage release, with LHT/deep indigo being close runner-ups. Could anyone who owns the same pair solve this dilemma for me, or stray me in another direction? Also, please don't reccomend OUTCLASS' Concrete cut, for reasons mentioned above.post #15479 of 213627/24/11 at 6:45pmpost #15480 of 213627/24/11 at 7:25pmQuote:
Could you elaborate on what sort of fit you're looking for? Also, there are virtually millions of shades of indigo. Are you looking for something BLUE blue ("vintage" wash by most terms), or something dark? Light? Shrug.
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › Grenadine Check - Is This Gren? 21 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Galway Rosewood CC / Tobacco Suede Size 10 / 10.5 E606... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts