Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 8/1/15 at 7:05pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
Last edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1032
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15467 of 212137/21/11 at 6:04pmQuote:
I don't know but your avatar is freaking me out.post #15468 of 212137/21/11 at 8:27pmpost #15469 of 212137/21/11 at 8:52pmpost #15470 of 212137/21/11 at 11:21pmI've been wearing my Levi 501 STF for 3 days straight now after 1 initial soak. The creases around the waist (whiskers), and the creases behind the knees (honeycombs) are beginning to look nice but I'm worried that I wont get any fading anywhere else because the jeans are a little baggy on me. Also, the knee area on both legs pops out when I take the pants off, is that normal? Will I get any fading if the pants are slightly bigger on me? Most raw denim I see appears to be skin tight.post #15471 of 212137/21/11 at 11:46pmpost #15472 of 212137/22/11 at 10:10amQuote:
We've got a washing vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGdNrDT3peY
Azalea Boutique put up a good one just a few days ago: http://vimeo.com/26331745
and Mr. Jonathan Henning has taken a shower in his pair here http://vimeo.com/26233365Quote:Originally Posted by HarrisonK
I've been wearing my Levi 501 STF for 3 days straight now after 1 initial soak. The creases around the waist (whiskers), and the creases behind the knees (honeycombs) are beginning to look nice but I'm worried that I wont get any fading anywhere else because the jeans are a little baggy on me. Also, the knee area on both legs pops out when I take the pants off, is that normal? Will I get any fading if the pants are slightly bigger on me? Most raw denim I see appears to be skin tight.
It will take a little longer for fades to come out if the jeans don't fit you skin tight, but they'll come! It really depends on how you wear them and how often you do. Knee bulging is pretty common too. You could soak the knees to shrink them if you really want to but almost everyone gets knee bulge it's a lot more common on tighter fitting denim.post #15473 of 212137/22/11 at 3:28pmI'm 5'5" and was wondering what kinds of fits should i avoid that will make me look even shorter? what fits will put less emphasis on my short height? at the moment, i wear apc ps. i've been hearing they're tapered or straight leg. i avoid cuffing, high tops, ect. just because of my height, is there anything else i should be looking to avoid?post #15474 of 212137/22/11 at 3:56pmpost #15475 of 212137/23/11 at 4:03pmHey guys,i'll ask a pretty noobish question,i'm reading men's clothing mainly so i have quite little knowledge about denim but i want to get a good pair of jeans,the thing is my waist is comparably small and my butt and thighs are big,until now i was wearing levi's mainly loose fit,758 is the model that fits me,what brand and specific model will you recommend?I'm looking for something not very expensive,if i can keep it around 100$ it'll be good,if you can tell sites that will have them and have international shipping i'll appreciate that very much.post #15476 of 212137/24/11 at 4:44pm
I just got my first 'real' pair of Raw Selvedge jeans (N&F Weird Guy). I'm a 32-30, so I'll need them hemmed a few inches.
My goal is to have whatever hemming/stitch method used to retain a natural drape, break etc..etc..and not look like shit, to be blunt.
That being said, should I;
1) Have them keep the original hems?
2) Chain stitch 'em vs. some easier method?
3) Any other considerations.
I'm aware these topics have been belabored over endlessly, but wanting to honor the asshole noob tradition, I was hoping someone could shed some more light....
Thanks.post #15477 of 212137/24/11 at 6:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by b14k
I'm 5'5" and was wondering what kinds of fits should i avoid that will make me look even shorter? what fits will put less emphasis on my short height? at the moment, i wear apc ps. i've been hearing they're tapered or straight leg. i avoid cuffing, high tops, ect. just because of my height, is there anything else i should be looking to avoid?
Sounds like you've got the right cut. In addition to what you've already said, the rise can be important. Depending on your proportion, if your legs are short, lower rise jeans could make em look even shorter and make your torso look disproportionately long. Conversly, higher rise could have the opposite effect. If you don't tuck your shirts (and who does around here?) prolly isn't gonna matter. Shirt length will tho.. Just get the proportions right.
I've always thought the leg opening makes a difference also. If it swallows your shoes, your gonna look like a little kid. Avoid anything jarring at the leg opening - huge cuffs, massive stacking, prolly gonna make your legs look shorter. A smoother transition to your shoes may make your legs look longer. Shoe color comes into play IMHO.
And of course always walk a chiwawa when in public.post #15478 of 212137/24/11 at 6:24pmI'd like to pick up a pair of lightweight, raw jeans (heat wave, moving to TX next year) in the ~$150 range. Currently, I'm eyeing the N&F Lightweight Selvedge WG's, but I'm indifferent about the dye used. It's labeled "indigo greycast", but all the images I've seen online make it out to be much more grey than indigo; I love the denim used in the Japan Heritage release, with LHT/deep indigo being close runner-ups. Could anyone who owns the same pair solve this dilemma for me, or stray me in another direction? Also, please don't reccomend OUTCLASS' Concrete cut, for reasons mentioned above.post #15479 of 212137/24/11 at 6:45pmpost #15480 of 212137/24/11 at 7:25pmQuote:
Could you elaborate on what sort of fit you're looking for? Also, there are virtually millions of shades of indigo. Are you looking for something BLUE blue ("vintage" wash by most terms), or something dark? Light? Shrug.
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Crescent Down Works 59 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Tumi Men's Wallet quality? 12 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories