Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 12/23/14 at 9:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1032
Styleforum Top Picks
I don't know but your avatar is freaking me out.
We've got a washing vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGdNrDT3peY
Azalea Boutique put up a good one just a few days ago: http://vimeo.com/26331745
and Mr. Jonathan Henning has taken a shower in his pair here http://vimeo.com/26233365
I've been wearing my Levi 501 STF for 3 days straight now after 1 initial soak. The creases around the waist (whiskers), and the creases behind the knees (honeycombs) are beginning to look nice but I'm worried that I wont get any fading anywhere else because the jeans are a little baggy on me. Also, the knee area on both legs pops out when I take the pants off, is that normal? Will I get any fading if the pants are slightly bigger on me? Most raw denim I see appears to be skin tight.
It will take a little longer for fades to come out if the jeans don't fit you skin tight, but they'll come! It really depends on how you wear them and how often you do. Knee bulging is pretty common too. You could soak the knees to shrink them if you really want to but almost everyone gets knee bulge it's a lot more common on tighter fitting denim.
I just got my first 'real' pair of Raw Selvedge jeans (N&F Weird Guy). I'm a 32-30, so I'll need them hemmed a few inches.
My goal is to have whatever hemming/stitch method used to retain a natural drape, break etc..etc..and not look like shit, to be blunt.
That being said, should I;
1) Have them keep the original hems?
2) Chain stitch 'em vs. some easier method?
3) Any other considerations.
I'm aware these topics have been belabored over endlessly, but wanting to honor the asshole noob tradition, I was hoping someone could shed some more light....
I'm 5'5" and was wondering what kinds of fits should i avoid that will make me look even shorter? what fits will put less emphasis on my short height? at the moment, i wear apc ps. i've been hearing they're tapered or straight leg. i avoid cuffing, high tops, ect. just because of my height, is there anything else i should be looking to avoid?
Sounds like you've got the right cut. In addition to what you've already said, the rise can be important. Depending on your proportion, if your legs are short, lower rise jeans could make em look even shorter and make your torso look disproportionately long. Conversly, higher rise could have the opposite effect. If you don't tuck your shirts (and who does around here?) prolly isn't gonna matter. Shirt length will tho.. Just get the proportions right.
I've always thought the leg opening makes a difference also. If it swallows your shoes, your gonna look like a little kid. Avoid anything jarring at the leg opening - huge cuffs, massive stacking, prolly gonna make your legs look shorter. A smoother transition to your shoes may make your legs look longer. Shoe color comes into play IMHO.
And of course always walk a chiwawa when in public.
Could you elaborate on what sort of fit you're looking for? Also, there are virtually millions of shades of indigo. Are you looking for something BLUE blue ("vintage" wash by most terms), or something dark? Light? Shrug.
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 minute ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 3 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Warby Parker Sunglasses - New with box 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Austerity Brogue Size 7 UK Simpson Last 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...