or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 98

post #1456 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by onion View Post
No. That is not what boxer briefs and shorts are for.

So you just let your pubes air out?

Look at how people wear 21cm and 19cm, or Ande Whall Rakers and Grifters. They're cut to be worn that way.
post #1457 of 21424
Edit: I actually think some of us are talking about the same thing - they're meant to be worn at or slightly below your hips, i.e. lower than high rise jeans. Duh. Some low rise jeans are still cut to have an anti-fit seat, if you're skinny enough - 21cms, for example. Back when I wore them, I had very little in the ass dept. (how things have changed, thanks to a garbage diet and some lower body work), so I had plenty of droopy, excess fabric back there. I wasn't going for the George Michael 'Faith' look, and I don't think most guys who rock low rise are either.

Regardless, you definitely do not "pull them up all the way."


[ll] to this entire conversation, by the way.
post #1458 of 21424
ok guys, I posted a while back about my apc new standards and how since my legs are so skinny teh fit doesn't look like. since i am gaining weight (going to work at getting 10lbs of weight on me in the next 4-6 weeks) I think I'll eventually be able to fit into them well, but for now I'm considering apc rescues. my measured waist, with tailors tape, is 28.5 inches. I want to size down probably 2-3 sizes, what size should I get for Rescues? considering that a 28 in rescues are actually a 30, and a 29 are actually a 31 etc. what should I do?
post #1459 of 21424
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Drag View Post
Regardless, you definitely do not "pull them up all the way."

Of course not; you can't. There simply isn't enough fabric to make them sit on your hips as is the case with mid-high jeans.

You don't sag lowrise. You leave them where they are. Look at Somet, PBJ, or RRL (slim boot). Those jeans are so low that even if you wear them high you can still see the end of a happy trail. And that's fine. That's how they're cut. YOU DON'T SAG THEM.
post #1460 of 21424
lol guys don't sag low rise unless you want people to see your crack.
post #1461 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Of course not; you can't. There simply isn't enough fabric to make them sit on your hips as is the case with mid-high jeans.

You don't sag lowrise. You leave them where they are. Look at Somet, PBJ, or RRL (slim boot). Those jeans are so low that even if you wear them high you can still see the end of a happy trail. And that's fine. That's how they're cut. YOU DON'T SAG THEM.

Yeah, basically what I meant...I suppose I was a little loose with the terminology. If they're cut low, they sit low.
post #1462 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarity View Post
lol guys don't sag low rise unless you want people to see your crack.

Whut u kno about crak?!?!?!??!?????
post #1463 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut View Post
ok guys, I posted a while back about my apc new standards and how since my legs are so skinny teh fit doesn't look like. since i am gaining weight (going to work at getting 10lbs of weight on me in the next 4-6 weeks) I think I'll eventually be able to fit into them well, but for now I'm considering apc rescues.

my measured waist, with tailors tape, is 28.5 inches. I want to size down probably 2-3 sizes, what size should I get for Rescues? considering that a 28 in rescues are actually a 30, and a 29 are actually a 31 etc. what should I do?

I fail to see how getting looser jeans would help.

Also, the smallest rescue is a 28.

Maybe you want a new cure.
post #1464 of 21424
Eh I'm 5'8, 160lb; but I'm also losing some more weight++, with medium built body. I'm looking for a really nice black jean. It could be raw/selvedge/or whatever. Price is not an issue. I usually wear APC NS/Ernest Sewn Fulton. I'm looking at some Flathead 4001BK, Skull50-10, or Somet 005. Any suggestion? :
post #1465 of 21424
you could put pbj 005bk on that list too. very nice slubby denim
that is if you like slubby denim and have the slim thighs for it too
post #1466 of 21424
I'm also lookn at Imperial Duke.
post #1467 of 21424
Crosspost from Quick Question thread.

Cold soaking.

I've got my APCs for about four months now, I think. They're beginning to smell weird (not from a noticeable distance though) so I was wondering if a 2-hour soak in cold water (no detergent) would do anything (I can't find any Dr. Bronner's or Woolite Dark around, and the only detergent we have in house is weird AMWAY shit. No I am not kidding)

Also, does turning jeans inside out apply for soaking as well as washing jeans?
post #1468 of 21424
how do 505's compare to 501 STF's? How much tighter are they because i have kinda big thighs and calves so i dont want them too tigh..

thanks
post #1469 of 21424
This is a total noob question. I don't keep/store all my raw denim hanging like all separate in form of my stance like in that one crazy photo.
I have to keep them folded up and in a drawer until their next time up in rotation.
I have no room anywhere to keep them hanging anywhere freely.

I notice that of course the folds are acute and can be pressed down heavy with all the other jeans on top sometimes.

Would these folds/acute bends on raw denim (from constant folding at same locations each time I put them away) cause unwanted fading at that bend?

Basically, when I do my first wash 6 mos. later, will there appear fade lines at wanted front hip area, behind knees
AND
At the fold line in an artificial looking one straight line?

Thanks

Noob concern
post #1470 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe View Post
Would these folds/acute bends on raw denim (from constant folding at same locations each time I put them away) cause unwanted fading at that bend?

Yes. I have a pair of second-hand LVC that suffer from this.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.