or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 941

post #14101 of 20553
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangie View Post
Quick question: I wear my jeans cuffed, but am now realizing that they're now ripping/tearing along the cuff.

Is there any way to prevent this? Find it kinda annoying, because I don't want the jeans to fall apart before I can even get a fade into them.

Is the answer just to hem them and just not cuff anymore? Is there a good way to prevent the fraying once it's started?

are they dragging along the ground when you walk?
post #14102 of 20553
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysb View Post
are they dragging along the ground when you walk?

No, not at all. And it's happening on the front, too... maybe it's the denim rubbing against my shoes?
post #14103 of 20553
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangie View Post
No, not at all. And it's happening on the front, too... maybe it's the denim rubbing against my shoes?
if you cuff your jeans at some point you will have to get them repaired where the crease is. if your not into that dont cuff. what up ysb!
post #14104 of 20553
Do you guys typically get a fair amount of dirt/stains on your jeans?

The first few weeks I had mine I kinda got upset every time a drop of something got on them. But I played football in them yesterday and they got some dirt on the knees.

Now I'm kinda thinking it's unavoidable and I'm just gonna have to deal.
post #14105 of 20553
I don't really worry about it. I've had dirt, food, toothpaste, beer, all kinds of shit on my jeans. just wear them.
post #14106 of 20553
Yeah that's what I figured. FUck it.
post #14107 of 20553
if anyone says anything you just gotta be like "bitch this is raw denim, you think I wash these, fuck no. you see these honeycombs, these whiskers? yo' damn true religion jeans aren't this swagged out. bitch." (8)
post #14108 of 20553
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post
if anyone says anything you just gotta be like "bitch this is raw denim, you think I wash these, fuck no. you see these honeycombs, these whiskers? yo' damn true religion jeans aren't this swagged out. bitch."

you do realize you can get good fading characteristics and wash your jeans every other week right?
post #14109 of 20553
I was joking dude. forgot the sarcasm meter.
post #14110 of 20553
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post
if anyone says anything you just gotta be like "bitch this is raw denim, you think I wash these, fuck no. you see these honeycombs, these whiskers? yo' damn true religion jeans aren't this swagged out. bitch." (8)

i really want to sig this.
post #14111 of 20553
Hey, it's me again. Well, I've decided to just get rid of my pair of Flat Head SE05BSP. http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=338 They retail now for $345, but when I bought them, they retailed for $325, though I paid a little over $355 with sales tax in San Francisco. Anyway: - size 29 - one soak - wore only once veeeeery casually So, what do you guys think a fair, yet attractive asking price would be for them? I was thinking $220~230 And as this would be the first pair of jeans I've ever offered to sell, is there any particular etiquette or anything else I should be aware of?
post #14112 of 20553
Quote:
Originally Posted by masshi View Post
Hey, it's me again.

Well, I've decided to just get rid of my pair of Flat Head SE05BSP.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=338

They retail now for $345, but when I bought them, they retailed for $325, though I paid a little over $355 with sales tax in San Francisco.

Anyway:

- size 29
- one soak
- wore only once veeeeery casually

So, what do you guys think a fair, yet attractive asking price would be for them? I was thinking $220~230

And as this would be the first pair of jeans I've ever offered to sell, is there any particular etiquette or anything else I should be aware of?

I think that's a pretty reasonable price for jeans that have only been soaked.
post #14113 of 20553
If I soak a pair of jeans, how long do you think it'll take to air dry indoors? I was thinking of doing this whenever I got home later tonight, going to sleep, then waking up and putting them on while they're still damp. Think 6 hours will be short enough so they're still a little wet?
post #14114 of 20553
Quote:
Originally Posted by helius View Post
Hi all, this is my first post ! (so take it easy on me if I break any rules) ...

I've been reading through hundreds of posts on this thread and learned a lot about jeans. I've decided to go and try out some APCs and N&Fs this weekend to decide on which cut fits me. I would probably decide on a pair that I would wear in everyday casual situations.

However, I initially came looking for a pair of jeans that does NOT fade. Ideally a low to mid rise, tapered, dark indigo, $200 or less, with a fit suitable for a well built physique of average height and 32 waist. I would use this pair for more "dressy" situations, with fitted tucked in shirts and jackets. What brands would you recommend? (some brands that I saw mentioned so far in the discussions did not meet the price criteria).

Alternatively, if there is a way to slow down the fading on APC or N&F, I would consider this as an option ...

I know that I'm asking for the opposite of what most people in this thread go for, but hopefully someone can help

The TW PIs that people have suggested are a good recommendation for longevity without fading, but they are still dyed with indigo and will fade eventually.

If you want something that will never fade at all (and if you are willing to go over $300 in price), I'd consider the Pure Blue Japan NC models, which are dyed with indanthrene, a stable, colorfast dye (unlike indigo).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post
is throwing jeans in the dryer to shrink them bad for the denim?

It will soften the denim up, which many denim enthusiasts don't like, especially on a new pair of jeans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangie View Post
Quick question: I wear my jeans cuffed, but am now realizing that they're now ripping/tearing along the cuff.

Is there any way to prevent this? Find it kinda annoying, because I don't want the jeans to fall apart before I can even get a fade into them.

Is the answer just to hem them and just not cuff anymore? Is there a good way to prevent the fraying once it's started?

I think that kind of tearing is just something that comes with the territory of cuffing. Personally, it bugs me, too, so I try to avoid cuffing altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post
you do realize you can get good fading characteristics and wash your jeans every other week right?

I agree with this, but you're also going to get a different kind of fade washing that often. Less contrast, more of a vintage-type fade. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just a matter of what you personally prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesamourai View Post
If I soak a pair of jeans, how long do you think it'll take to air dry indoors? I was thinking of doing this whenever I got home later tonight, going to sleep, then waking up and putting them on while they're still damp. Think 6 hours will be short enough so they're still a little wet?

If you don't wring them out after washing or soaking and don't put a fan on them, they should still be at least damp after 6 hours unless you live in a really hot and dry environment.
post #14115 of 20553
Quote:
Originally Posted by masshi View Post
Hey, it's me again.

Well, I've decided to just get rid of my pair of Flat Head SE05BSP.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=338

They retail now for $345, but when I bought them, they retailed for $325, though I paid a little over $355 with sales tax in San Francisco.

Anyway:

- size 29
- one soak
- wore only once veeeeery casually

So, what do you guys think a fair, yet attractive asking price would be for them? I was thinking $220~230

And as this would be the first pair of jeans I've ever offered to sell, is there any particular etiquette or anything else I should be aware of?


Any other opinions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.