or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 915

post #13711 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post
Well...this confused me also.

I measured my waist (2 inches below belly button) and its 34. All my pants/jeans are 31. I layed my best fitting pair of pants flat and measured the waist width and it came out to 16.5. When laid flat, the N&F x Momos are 16.5 for the 32.
Ok, sounds like you went TTS. But why were the jeans uncomfortable in the store since the NF has the same width measurement as your best fitting pants, at 16.5''?
post #13712 of 20608
Question about Levi's fit...

29/30 is probably my true size, but in general, will a 29x32 fit the same as a 29x30 through the waist/hips/thighs? Or does the added length change the cut through the butt/thighs? Sometimes it's hard to find 29/30 but 29/32 seems more common. I have no problem getting them hemmed if it would help me find jeans easier.
post #13713 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Ok, sounds like you went TTS. But why were the jeans uncomfortable in the store since the NF has the same width measurement as your best fitting pants, at 16.5''?

I think for a couple of reasons.

While my best fitting pants are the same width when laid flat, there was more give in the front (meaning I could pull it farther from my waist once I had them on).

Also, the material of the N&Fxmomos was much stiffer. Not that the material was thick or anything, just comparing the feel of jeans (non-raw) I've worn for a year or so to brand new japanese raw denim.
post #13714 of 20608
I've been wearing some APC NS for a while now and I'd like to try something new. I like the cut of the NS (i.e. straight leg) in that its not super skinny. What would be the most similar cut to the APC NS from another good brand? (I'd like to keep it around $300 )
post #13715 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by racetrack View Post
I've been wearing some APC NS for a while now and I'd like to try something new. I like the cut of the NS (i.e. straight leg) in that its not super skinny. What would be the most similar cut to the APC NS from another good brand? (I'd like to keep it around $300 )
momotaro 0701 or 0705 cut fullcount-1108 skull 5010 warehouse 660 samurai 710 all ~ $300 and will have a very similar cut but like a million times better denim.
post #13716 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post
momotaro 0701 or 0705 cut
fullcount-1108
skull 5010
warehouse 660

all ~ $300 and will have a very similar cut but like a million times better denim.

This, or opt for some of the options Somet carries.
post #13717 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
This, or opt for some of the options Somet carries.
yup, somet 003 if you want a lower-rise.
post #13718 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post
yup, somet 003 if you want a lower-rise.
sry, dumb question, but what are the benefits of a lower rise other than a tighter fit? do they make your azz look nicer if you got it? also figured out the answer to my other question. re: noobs if you're new to this denim thing, keep a limit for yourself at two pairs, only acquire more if you're really really obsessed about denim and you're losing sleep over not owning a cut from one of your favorite brands. for me what worked is that i'm going to be rotating 2 pairs this year, a KMW 2010 for those relaxed occasions that go well with boots/streetwear, and probably a pair of the momo's 701's/201's sized down one as a slimmer dressier jean for times when i need to steeze it up
post #13719 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post
momotaro 0701 or 0705 cut
fullcount-1108
skull 5010
warehouse 660
samurai 710

all ~ $300 and will have a very similar cut but like a million times better denim.

Thanks a lot for the list. I'll be going with the fullcount 1108. Now here's the million dollar question. My APC NS are tagged 32 and fit a touch on the looser side (by SF standards). What do you think would be the correlating 1108 size? I'm thinking 32, but I'm unsure how much shrinkage there will be for the Fullcounts compared to the APCs.
post #13720 of 20608
I'm currently in Tokyo for a couple months and I plan to buy a pair of jeans here and wanted some suggestions. I don't have any experience buying high quality denim, but I'm looking for something mid-rise and slim fitting but not skinny. I'm 5'11" and 155 lbs, 34" measured waist.
Any recommendations are most welcome.
Thank you.
post #13721 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari013 View Post
I'm currently in Tokyo for a couple months and I plan to buy a pair of jeans here and wanted some suggestions. I don't have any experience buying high quality denim, but I'm looking for something mid-rise and slim fitting but not skinny. I'm 5'11" and 155 lbs, 34" measured waist.
Any recommendations are most welcome.
Thank you.

There are great suggestions mentioned just above your post... Try those or the Flat Head 310...
post #13722 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by racetrack View Post
Thanks a lot for the list. I'll be going with the fullcount 1108. Now here's the million dollar question. My APC NS are tagged 32 and fit a touch on the looser side (by SF standards). What do you think would be the correlating 1108 size? I'm thinking 32, but I'm unsure how much shrinkage there will be for the Fullcounts compared to the APCs.
fullcounts are a great choice, im sure you will love them. here is the deal with fc's, the denim tends to be forgiving (meaning it stretches a lot) and its a shrink to fit model. for example, my 1108s are size 33 and i have a 34 or 35 inch waist so you will want to go down a size or two. now, im not familiar with apc sizing but what you want to do is measure the waist (using the link below) and buy that size. for example, say your apcs stretched out measure 34" you will want to look for that raw waist size, in this case you would want to get a size 32 in the raw fc-1108's if your apc's measure 34." you can go down a size but it depends on how tight you want to wear them ... they can stretch a tad beyond their raw measurement (maybe a 1/2") so keep that in mind as well. here, measure your jeans using the big method and let me know what they measure and i will help you get the perfect size. i have a pair so i know how they will fit and what not. cool? http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...d=30&Itemid=41
post #13723 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post
Well...this confused me also.

I measured my waist (2 inches below belly button) and its 34. All my pants/jeans are 31. I layed my best fitting pair of pants flat and measured the waist width and it came out to 16.5. When laid flat, the N&F x Momos are 16.5 for the 32.
Two things to keep in mind:

First, your natural waist measurement is at or slightly above your navel. In my experience, jeans are sized (more or less) according to your actual waist measurement, but cut to sit above the hips and below the bellybutton, where it's wider. It's entirely possible that your actual waist really is 31" and not 34" (though generally there's only about 2" or so of difference).

Second, not all jeans are sized equally. Some are vanity sized (to make people feel better about their waistline), and some are just, well... weird.
post #13724 of 20608
so I have a pair of jeans I really enjoy

I love the fit, color, and quality of them

the only problem is that they fucking bleed dye on everything

furniture, sheets -- but worst of all on my shoes

it's gotten to the point where I just can't wear them with any shoe that isn't black or dark brown

cuffing helps but does not eliminate the problem

they're not raw denim -- I've washed them several times, usually in warm water, but the problem persists.

What can I do?
post #13725 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameBack View Post
so I have a pair of jeans I really enjoy

I love the fit, color, and quality of them

the only problem is that they fucking bleed dye on everything

furniture, sheets -- but worst of all on my shoes

it's gotten to the point where I just can't wear them with any shoe that isn't black or dark brown

cuffing helps but does not eliminate the problem

they're not raw denim -- I've washed them several times, usually in warm water, but the problem persists.

What can I do?

lol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.