or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 871

post #13051 of 21439
I'm looking at getting a new pair of jeans. Either some pbj or a pair of flathead f310 or bsp. Which company should i go with? And what model pbj would be similar to those flatheads?
post #13052 of 21439
the denim is pretty different: pbj (most of their models) are more slubby and textured -- i would say about average fading time. comparable cuts would be the xx-11 and xx-13.. but it'd still be looser than the 310's i reckon. flat heads are very quick fade, very high contrast smoother denim
post #13053 of 21439
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10crunch View Post
I'm looking at getting a new pair of jeans. Either some pbj or a pair of flathead f310 or bsp. Which company should i go with? And what model pbj would be similar to those flatheads?
whichever one YOU prefer. if i were you i would get whichever had the fit and fading characteristic you prefer. i know nothing of fh's but i have had a couple pairs of pbjs over the years. what fit are you after? do you want a slim mid-rise slim low-rise, a slim mid/high-rise, a mid-rise straight, a low-rise straight, etc.?
post #13054 of 21439
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post
should I wash them? They are 514s rigid, haven't washed them yet since I got them a couple days ago. I also got them hemmed to my 501 inseams of 30...if I wash it will it look better? They don't look nearly as good with the boots than my 501s

Sorry mate, I don't know much about Levi's.
Is the denim on the 514 unsanforised? If so, you should soak them for shrink-to-fit, but your inseam will shrink and become a bit short.
I don't know whether it will look better - you can tell us that after you've tired

Always hem your jeans after you get the most of the shrinkage out.
post #13055 of 21439
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecch View Post
Sorry mate, I don't know much about Levi's.
Is the denim on the 514 unsanforised? If so, you should soak them for shrink-to-fit, but your inseam will shrink and become a bit short.
I don't know whether it will look better - you can tell us that after you've tired

Always hem your jeans after you get the most of the shrinkage out.

I believe they are sanforized
post #13056 of 21439
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post
do these jeans look too short?

They're pretty close to looking too short, but if you uncuff them, they should be OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post
should I wash them? They are 514s rigid, haven't washed them yet since I got them a couple days ago. I also got them hemmed to my 501 inseams of 30...if I wash it will it look better? They don't look nearly as good with the boots than my 501s

I don't think they'll look any better if you wash them. In this case, I would actually recommend not washing them right now, because I don't think you have any room to spare for shrinkage on the inseam. If you do have to wash them in the future, do it cold on delicate cycle and hang dry them, that should minimize shrinkage to almost nothing.
post #13057 of 21439
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post
They're pretty close to looking too short, but if you uncuff them, they should be OK. I don't think they'll look any better if you wash them. In this case, I would actually recommend not washing them right now, because I don't think you have any room to spare for shrinkage on the inseam. If you do have to wash them in the future, do it cold on delicate cycle and hang dry them, that should minimize shrinkage to almost nothing.
that's what I'm thinking, even when I uncuff them they seem still too close to being short. I dont get it, I measured the inseam on my 501s they are 30 and they don't look like that at all in the picture, they look stacked with those boots. ANd the 514s in the picture are 30 inseam and they look short to me for some reason. Could it be the fabric? these are washed once I think, they feel firm but not raw firm. thinking of getting tapered thoughts?
post #13058 of 21439
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post
that's what I'm thinking, even when I uncuff them they seem still too close to being short. I dont get it, I measured the inseam on my 501s they are 30 and they don't look like that at all in the picture, they look stacked with those boots. ANd the 514s in the picture are 30 inseam and they look short to me for some reason. Could it be the fabric? these are washed once I think, they feel firm but not raw firm. thinking of getting tapered thoughts?
It's possible that the crotch rides lower on your 501s, which would cause the legs to come down further and seem longer. I doubt it has anything to do with the fabric at all. I would advise against tapering in this case. If your jeans are on the verge of being too short, they'll look better with a wider leg opening than a narrower one. Tapering is generally recommended if you are going to stack, which you definitely don't have enough length to do on this pair.
post #13059 of 21439
What is this BiG sizing guideline I hear mentioned all the time?
post #13060 of 21439
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoogsby View Post
What is this BiG sizing guideline I hear mentioned all the time?
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...d=30&Itemid=41 It is the method many of us use to measure our jeans when we put them up for sale.
post #13061 of 21439
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating View Post
not too much stretching outside of waist. waist can stretch 1 to 1.5 inches unless you're sizing down like crazy...

634s is a straight cut, not straight slim. if you're looking for a little slimmer try the IH Beatle Busters.

That´s a nice cut too, thanks for the input

What about the tights in the 634s? I heard they don´t strecth , is that true?


Cheers
post #13062 of 21439
unless you're sizing down immensly, which you shoudlnt' be doing with IH imo, then yes they dont really stretch. holds true for all of their denim (i think) wheeler will know. :P
post #13063 of 21439
Quote:
Originally Posted by islay View Post
That´s a nice cut too, thanks for the input

What about the tights in the 634s? I heard they don´t strecth , is that true?


Cheers

They'll stretch some, but pretty much only if your thighs are big enough to make them stretch. And since they aren't a slim cut, most people's thighs aren't big enough to make them stretch.
post #13064 of 21439
What Pure Blue Japan cut would the most similar to an APC New Standard?

I've got a pair of rescues now and I like how they fit in the top block but I want something that is a little more tapered below the knee but I want to try a brand other than APC for my next pair.
post #13065 of 21439
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoogsby View Post
What Pure Blue Japan cut would the most similar to an APC New Standard? I've got a pair of rescues now and I like how they fit in the top block but I want something that is a little more tapered below the knee but I want to try a brand other than APC for my next pair.
any of the cuts other then the relaxed tapered fit will be very similar. the pbjs will fit you a little better in the top block (slightly lower-rise) then the apcs but other then that they should be fairly similar in the rest of cut. the denim is going to be the main benefit ... its just amazing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.