or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 848

post #12706 of 21424
Thread Starter 
In that case, the answer is "a couple." There's no rule to this nor do I even know how tall you are. 34" inseam's gonna look odd on a 5'2 mouth-breather vs someone who's 6'2.
post #12707 of 21424
I'm only 5'9 and a 34 inseam stacks just right on me, for what its worth. Like the man said, there's no hard and fast rules.
post #12708 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by denimnovice View Post
How many extra inches should I leave for some stacking? My inseam is around a 30 to 31, and I'm looking to get some slimmer jeans. So what inseam should they be hemmed to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
In that case, the answer is "a couple." There's no rule to this nor do I even know how tall you are. 34" inseam's gonna look odd on a 5'2 mouth-breather vs someone who's 6'2.

Personally, I feel that more than 2" extra inseam's worth of stacking looks sloppy on me, so I usually max out at 2" extra inseam length on that particular hem width.
post #12709 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilofdog View Post
First post, so be gentle.

Just got my first ever pair of selvedge jeans as a holiday gift (Raleigh Denim Nash straight legs). Waist (31) fits perfectly but I've read a ton of different things in the archives re: sizing/stretching selvedge, especially w/respect to the stretchability of White Oak Cone denim . Do I swap them out for 30s and just wear them at home for a few months or stick with the 31s?

My Nashes have gone from snug, not tight, to easy and comfortable but not loose in about 2 weeks. i don't have a ruler handy, and I'm wearing them right now, but I expect about an inch of stretch total. You decide what that means for what you need.
post #12710 of 21424
do long johns help get fades faster?
post #12711 of 21424
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb_32 View Post
do long johns help get fades faster?
You have got to be kidding me.
post #12712 of 21424
Of course, the longer the schlong, the faster and better the fadez. Unfortunately, you shall never get as good of fades as I do.
post #12713 of 21424
im referring to the stuff you wear under your pants in the winter to be warmer you guys
post #12714 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb_32 View Post
im referring to the stuff you wear under your pants in the winter to be warmer you guys

Never heard of it. You're just making shit up now.
post #12715 of 21424
I just picked up some Warehouse 660's from BIG and they arrived today . I tried them on and they are HUGE . I sized down 4 from my 36 true size to the 32X38 and its still too big. I know these will shrink but will they shrink alot , because these are big all over ?

thx in advance for any help
post #12716 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb_32 View Post
im referring to the stuff you wear under your pants in the winter to be warmer you guys

You mean like thermals? I highly doubt that those would make a significant difference to your fades.
post #12717 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeezy21 View Post
I just picked up some Warehouse 660's from BIG and they arrived today . I tried them on and they are HUGE . I sized down 4 from my 36 true size to the 32X38 and its still too big. I know these will shrink but will they shrink alot , because these are big all over ?

thx in advance for any help

According to the sizing charts at BiG, those run about 4-5 sizes big raw and 2-3 sizes big when washed and dried, so it looks like you should expect about 2" of shrinkage in the waist and about 2" to 2.5" shrinkage in the inseam. If you don't think that's going to be enough, I would exchange them for a smaller size before you put them in water.
post #12718 of 21424
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post
You mean like thermals? I highly doubt that those would make a significant difference to your fades.
Bullshit. Ask poly what his secret is. Shit, homeboy is a paraplegic but he still gets massive fades. Why? LONG JOHNS.
post #12719 of 21424


selvage lingerie helps with the fades

http://selvageblog.blogspot.com/2010...-lingerie.html
post #12720 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post
According to the sizing charts at BiG, those run about 4-5 sizes big raw and 2-3 sizes big when washed and dried, so it looks like you should expect about 2" of shrinkage in the waist and about 2" to 2.5" shrinkage in the inseam. If you don't think that's going to be enough, I would exchange them for a smaller size before you put them in water.
this is correct abeezy21. i just ordered a size 31 (which measures 36 raw) and they should shrink to a 33.5-34" in the waist. this run is different from the initial run a couple years ago. i had a pair from the the first run (contest pair) and i ordered a size 33, which measured 35 in the waist after a wash/dry. but the current run is one full inch larger in the waist. they will shrink a half inch inch in the knee, upper-thigh and hem, while only shrinking a quarter inch in both the front/back rise. they will also come in two inches in the waist. you may be able to get slightly more with a hot wash and high heat dry. from what i remember my first pair of 660s (from the 1st run) stretched out 1-1.25" in the waist. so you may want to keep that in mind as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.