or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 819

post #12271 of 20553
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
I give it another day before I go back to going full bore.

Plus, it's not 10am yet so I haven't started drinking.

That right there says it all! You still heading on out here on NYE?
post #12272 of 20553
because u call urself new to jeans, i highly advise just going out to try as many jeans as possible with absolutely no intention of buying. the idea here is u will become aware of what u like, don't like, what suits u, etc. take the sales ppl with a grain of salt and just be honest to urself.
go home, think about the fits and styles u wore, and look at your current wardrobe and you will get an idea of what ur after.
aforementioned brands that should fit budget wise, unbranded jeans at urban outfitters, uniqlo jeans, naked and famous, gap, etc. i would avoid apc for now, since their sizing would drive u crazy.
if u then kno exactly what u want, u can search the sale forums here for a good deal or support your local shop of course
post #12273 of 20553
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post
Don't impose such artificial rules on yourself.
I'm too hard on myself sometimes. I need to learn to lighten up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooch4321 View Post
That right there says it all! You still heading on out here on NYE?
That's the plan. The fam's leaving the US so why should I stick around LA?
post #12274 of 20553
so i accidentally got a little bit of toothpaste on my new apcs

i dabbed at it with a wet paper towel, but there's still a slightly noticeable light spot on my thigh. is there anyway to get rid of the stain without soaking/washing?
post #12275 of 20553
Often, toothpaste stains aren't really stains, but bleached-out spots, in my experience. Even with a wash, nothing will change that spot.

I never had good experiences spot-washing my APCs with water, and don't really recommend trying it. It ends up making a spot that looks washed and scrubbed that is larger than your original, usually tiny, spot you were trying to treat.

So don't let it worry you. This is just part of the wear process of your pair.
post #12276 of 20553
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
I'm too hard on myself sometimes. I need to learn to lighten up.
That's the plan. The fam's leaving the US so why should I stick around LA?

Lemme know the dates and I'll take off work to hangout, I'll even try to assemble a group of young ladies for you to choose from...
post #12277 of 20553
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg View Post
Often, toothpaste stains aren't really stains, but bleached-out spots, in my experience. Even with a wash, nothing will change that spot.

I never had good experiences spot-washing my APCs with water, and don't really recommend trying it. It ends up making a spot that looks washed and scrubbed that is larger than your original, usually tiny, spot you were trying to treat.

So don't let it worry you. This is just part of the wear process of your pair.

yeah, that's what i was afraid of. it's more of a streak than a spot, but not really noticeable unless you're fairly close/looking for it. still pretty bummed about it, though.
post #12278 of 20553
Thread Starter 
Only on SF does the conversation so quickly and fluidly turn from denims to harems.
post #12279 of 20553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayne-Abel View Post
I read through the pinned "Ultimate Jean Thread", which all sounded Greek to me. I'm 6'0, 154 lbs., 27 years old. I'm trying to find a decent pair of jeans - something versatile, for both going out and for a casual Friday at the office. I really have NO CLUE how to go about this. I suppose the best question to ask is: what things should I AVOID? Are there particular jean types, brands, or styles that every well-dressed grown man should stay away from? Are there common jean fashion mistakes that I should be aware of? On the flip side of the coin: are there any general guidelines that I should keep in mind? (e.g., in terms of quality, color, brands, etc.) Perhaps someone could direct me to a good "starter" brand/type of jeans? Ideally, I'd like to keep it under $100. And I'm willing to buy used pairs, if necessary...or even good knock-offs, if someone can recommend specific ones.
Naked and Famous skinny guy in 31 or 32 would suit you. Check out the affiliate Revolve below or some of the other affiliates who also carry them.
post #12280 of 20553
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Only on SF does the conversation so quickly and fluidly turn from denims to harems.

who cares about denim, i'd rather discuss broads and even better large groups of broads. plus, i own enough jeans already!
post #12281 of 20553
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post
Naked and Famous skinny guy in 31 or 32 would suit you. Check out the affiliate Revolve below or some of the other affiliates who also carry them.
This guy tells you that he's trying to find something versatile for the office and going out, you have no idea what his body type is, and yet you recommend him skinny jeans???

Stick to recommending desert boot sizes, dumbfuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooch4321 View Post
who cares about denim, i'd rather discuss broads and even better large groups of broads. plus, i own enough jeans already!
I have enough room on my plate for both with even more space for a second helping of broads.

Chicago looks to be fun...
post #12282 of 20553
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post
I'd recommend Iron Hearts. They have heavyweight denim and are arguably the most durable jeans around. They fade a little bit slower than most as well, from my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post
iron heart 634s

Thanks ecquaintances.
post #12283 of 20553
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
This guy tells you that he's trying to find something versatile for the office and going out, you have no idea what his body type is, and yet you recommend him skinny jeans???

Stick to recommending desert boot sizes, dumbfuck.

He is tall and skinny from what he posted and the N&F Skinny are not truly skinny if you go TTS.
post #12284 of 20553
Despite the awkward turn in conversation...thanks guys.
post #12285 of 20553
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post
He is tall and skinny from what he posted and the N&F Skinny are not truly skinny if you go TTS.
So you also know if he's a cyclist or if he's used to wearing jeans with 7.5" hems? Or do you normally troll this transparently?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayne-Abel View Post
Despite the awkward turn in conversation...thanks guys.
Your best bet is to look through the affiliates or through the various denim threads on here (how jeans fit, post pics of denim, waywt, etc.) to figure out what kind of fit you're looking for. From there, you can gauge just how much of a hurry you're in to get jeans or if you can wait for sales to get the right pair. Instead of having some dipshit specifically tell you the exact style to buy, figure out what works best for you and then we can guide you with brands.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.