or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Opinion on penny loafers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Opinion on penny loafers - Page 6

post #76 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellahi22 View Post
Awesome shoes, but you should do them justice with jeans/trousers with a narrower leg opening

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerP View Post
+1

That picture doesn't look so good
Ok you have a point here!
How about This one
post #77 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTOKAR View Post
Ok you have a point here!
How about This one

Black on black--are you going to a funeral?

Also, you need to take in some of that break.

The shoes are fine.
post #78 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTOKAR View Post
Ok you have a point here!
How about This one

I think penny loafers work best with slim trousers. Those are surely full cut trousers.
post #79 of 93
I'm a young man and I wear burgundy penny loafers. Actually I do wear them in combination with either chinos (navy or beige) or jeans, which I think it's a winning combination. Specially because you get an informal / young but yet stylish image.
post #80 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTOKAR View Post
Ok you have a point here!
How about This one

Really awful. You need to get some slim trousers. Look into incotex, borrelli, and rota.
post #81 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellahi22 View Post
Really awful. You need to get some slim trousers. Look into incotex, borrelli, and rota.

The trousers look fine; except, they might have a little less break. Paraboot loafers?
post #82 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post
Black on black--are you going to a funeral?

Also, you need to take in some of that break.

The shoes are fine.
Nope, Black on dark grey. I tend to tolerate a bit more break, which looks better in person most of the time!


Quote:
Originally Posted by confuciussay View Post
I think penny loafers work best with slim trousers. Those are surely full cut trousers.
I'm gonna seriously consider slimmer trouser with my Loafers since it seems to be the consensus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellahi22 View Post
Really awful. You need to get some slim trousers. Look into incotex, borrelli, and rota.
I'll look these up for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacey View Post
The trousers look fine; except, they might have a little less break. Paraboot loafers?
JM Weston #180
post #83 of 93
Slimmer trousers and I would suggest much less break (unless you are an old man--then you are fine.)
post #84 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTOKAR View Post
Ok you have a point here! How about This one
Looks like one of my students. Are you wearing a flashy belt and sagging your pants too? (Black loafers are high fashion among high school students.)
post #85 of 93
That picture is a great example of too much break. It looks sloppy and either means you bought the wrong length or you have gained weight and now are forced to wear your Pants way too low
post #86 of 93
post #87 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post
That picture is a great example of too much break. It looks sloppy and either means you bought the wrong length or you have gained weight and now are forced to wear your Pants way too low
+1000 to that!
post #88 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett View Post
They look great, particularly this one!

post #89 of 93
Yes I like them but I wouldn't describe them as sleek. You have to put a penny in them as well.
post #90 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTOKAR View Post
They look great, particularly this one!


If only Alden made attractive lasts...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Opinion on penny loafers