or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Patek, Yellow Gold, Rose Gold or White Gold. Help in choosing the color.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Patek, Yellow Gold, Rose Gold or White Gold. Help in choosing the color.

post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 
I have picked out the Patek I want to purchase but am wondering what the preference is on metal color. White Gold, Yellow Gold or Rose Gold. In speaking to the Patek saleman, he indicated that White Gold is the most popular, but that may be because that is what he has in stock. Any advice will be appreciated.
post #2 of 37
I like yellow gold. When I was younger I preferred white, but now think that the softness of yellow is especially nice. Rose can be beautiful as well.
post #3 of 37
Depends first on the dial colour, and second on the hands color/metal

As an absolute, I'd say RG/PG is my favorite metal for dress watches, WG comes second and YG last
post #4 of 37
Which Patek?
post #5 of 37
Rose gold with a blue or black face is stunning. The Lange Datograph and AP ROOS in rose gold are my dream watches.
post #6 of 37
Rose gold always for me.
Yellow gold is too plain and can be tacky.
White gold is ok, but is plain as stainless steel.
post #7 of 37
Thread Starter 
I am looking at several models and all have the white dial with gold hands. Of course the gold hands match the y/g case. Model # 5110, 5146 and the 5130 World Time model. The 5130 is available in r/g.
post #8 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
AP ROOS in rose gold
Gaudy!
post #9 of 37
I think Rose Gold works especially well with high-end dress watches. White Gold is nice as well but not as good as Rose Gold. I hate Yellow Gold.
post #10 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mell View Post
I am looking at several models and all have the white dial with gold hands. Of course the gold hands match the y/g case. Model # 5110, 5146 and the 5130 World Time model. The 5130 is available in r/g.

IMO: 5110 and 5130 are most beautiful in PT, 5146 in WG
post #11 of 37
At the risk of offending the OP, this seems like an odd question. You're ready to throw down major ducats on a PP (what, $10K at a minimum?), but you want other people's opinions on what color it should be?
post #12 of 37
rose gold is my favorite by it matches with nothing. I still like yellow gold, when done right, it's the best color for a gold watch. Rolex does a good job with yellow gold.
post #13 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Gaudy!

that's how I roll.
post #14 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mell View Post
I have picked out the Patek I want to purchase but am wondering what the preference is on metal color. White Gold, Yellow Gold or Rose Gold. In speaking to the Patek saleman, he indicated that White Gold is the most popular, but that may be because that is what he has in stock. Any advice will be appreciated.

None. Get the Nautilus in steel.
post #15 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
At the risk of offending the OP, this seems like an odd question. You're ready to throw down major ducats on a PP (what, $10K at a minimum?), but you want other people's opinions on what color it should be?

A 5146 is going to be $22k at a minimum..
I always say "The 1st rule of watch buying is buy the watch YOU like"
The 2nd rule is remember rule #1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Patek, Yellow Gold, Rose Gold or White Gold. Help in choosing the color.