Originally Posted by Murlsquirl
I can offer up some brands to look at. What's your budget?
$200-300 I would say..
Originally Posted by johng70
Regardless of brand, here is some general advice that will help elongate the life of your shoes.
- you shouldn't wear the same leather shoes every day. You need at least 2 pairs, preferably 3 in your weekly rotation as a minimum.
- Using cedar shoe trees to absorb some moisture will also help.
- Keeping the uppers polished - helps protect the leather underneath
- use a shoe horn - stuffing your foot into a leather shoe will cause the back of the shoe to start to crease over time
- protect your shoes from the elements. Salt is a killer, but so is just plain getting wet. So, if you have a good amount of time outdoors you should wear overshoes in wet conditions.
Great info.. Thank you. Thinking back..A few of these items would have saved the ones I have now, even if they are cheap. I'm wearing Florsheim now.. These:
I've gotten about 6-9 months out of them.. however, i DO wear them 3-4 days a week.