or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yay or nay on this Belstaff jacket.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yay or nay on this Belstaff jacket. - Page 2

post #16 of 56

Even if it IS a bit trendy, I bought exactly the same cut sans side cinches in light brown from H&M this fall, thin supersoft pigskin, I don't expect it to last very long.
Saw exactly "your" jacket in real life and it's sooo much nicer (but costs 8!!! times as much).
post #17 of 56
why didn't you do a poll? not my style since I dislike jackets with pockets on the chest
post #18 of 56
Thread Starter 
Yes, the model name is Brad. Guys, I looked very hard for a nice casual leather jacket. Any leather jackets with bit of quality cost more than $800. But all of these jackets are ugly, IMO. Brad is the only jacket that has both qaulity and style.
post #19 of 56
wow that jacket is sick
post #20 of 56
Thread Starter 
I am confused. On the Belstaff's site, this jacket is "Replica Leather". Does this mean this is man made leather?
post #21 of 56
I have this jacket in the dark brown (Belstaff calls this blackbrown) and it is amazing.I have never had an item of clothing that has received so many positive comments.I have had it around 2 months and the room in which it hangs still has that lovely leather smell.
As for the "replica leather" I don't know what they mean by this myself but it is real leather for definite.
post #22 of 56
Thread Starter 
Man I got mine at a killer deal and it's waiting to be altered; I had to shorten sleeves from the shoulders. I got mine in dark brown as well. The store also had the jacket in Edwardian, which also looked fantastic! I was told by my sales person that "replica leather" means that aged leather which replicates the original Belstaff jacket leather, from early 19th century.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios View Post
I have this jacket in the dark brown (Belstaff calls this blackbrown) and it is amazing.I have never had an item of clothing that has received so many positive comments.I have had it around 2 months and the room in which it hangs still has that lovely leather smell. As for the "replica leather" I don't know what they mean by this myself but it is real leather for definite.
post #23 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle View Post
Man I got mine at a killer deal and it's waiting to be altered; I had to shorten sleeves from the shoulders. I got mine in dark brown as well. The store also had the jacket in Edwardian, which also looked fantastic! I was told by my sales person that "replica leather" means that aged leather which replicates the original Belstaff jacket leather, from early 19th century.

Where did you buy & for how much if you don't mind me asking?
post #24 of 56
I have the Panther in Black / Brown and despite their ridiculous pricing they are the best at what they do. I tried the Schott but it was no where near the Belstaff so I sucked it up and got one. The black / brown which is probably what this is in the real world looks even better than said photos. You will recieve compliments because they have mastered their antiquing process. I hate to say but this is one case where I would accept no substitutes. I have a Belstaff Howard coming and the other two jackets I like by them are: 1. The cougar in Antique Cuero? 2. The racer. I've seen a two-tone of the cougar with darker sleeves and lighter body that looked pretty cool also.
post #25 of 56
That "Brad" jacket is awesome. Looks like the retail at most sites is around $1300-1400...expensive but not too bad for a good quality leather jacket. It sounds like you got for less? You'll have to post some fit pics after getting it.
post #26 of 56
Thread Starter 
Yea, I've always felt that I paid too much for anything that I buy from a retail store, but not this time. Once I get the jacket back with my new R&R jeans, I'll post some pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
That "Brad" jacket is awesome. Looks like the retail at most sites is around $1300-1400...expensive but not too bad for a good quality leather jacket. It sounds like you got for less? You'll have to post some fit pics after getting it.
post #27 of 56
Thread Starter 
Even after the alteration, the sleeves look .5 inch too long, but what the heck. Other that, the fit of this jacket is sweet!





post #28 of 56
The sleeves are fine. This isn't a suit jacket. Looks damn good.
post #29 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa View Post
The sleeves are fine. This isn't a suit jacket. Looks damn good.

Agreed. At most, you could take 3/4" off. Any more than that, and it would look plain bad. The only reason you would have sleeves shorter than than would be if you were doing the "shrunken 70's jacket" look, and I don't think that your physique is really suited to paying homage to the decade that muscle tone forgot.
post #30 of 56
Do you have any suggestions for Belstaff alternatives? There are a number of Belstaff jackets I've liked, but they have unbelievably tight control over distribution and they're virtually impossible to get for less than retail. Even at 50% off, they'd be out of reach, but even so, I'm wondering if anyone does similar work for more reasonable prices. Magnoli recently did a repro of the Hero, which looks very good, but it's just one design and not one of the ones that does a whole lot for me. Shame they're so damn good at what they do.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yay or nay on this Belstaff jacket.