Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos. - Page 2

post #16 of 3280
I have worn reverse chamoise indys a lot and so far nothing but a brushing here and there as sometimes it tends to attract things like pet hair.

It is a terrific tough nap.
post #17 of 3280

Indy boot sizing question for those of you who own more than one pair:

 

Does anyone wear a slightly larger size in shell cordovan or wax leather (405) than they do in chromexcel leather (403 or other)?  Or... do any of you wish you'd sized down with the chromexcel?  I've only worn my chromexcel Indy boot about six days.  The CXL leather has already stretched so that the boot feels large.  When I first put them on in the morning, the gap at the heel seems appropriate, but by the end of the day, there is sooo much space back there that I think I should have gone with the smaller size.  This would give close to no heel gap on first wearing but give me the reasonable finger-insertable gap mid-day.

 

I wear 8E in Plaza and Hampton shoes and 7.5E in Barrie shoes, but I went with 8E for both my shell cordovan Indy and the chromexcel Indy to account for the thicker boot socks.  The shell cordovan sized perfectly after a few weeks with thicker socks but I think I should have gone with 7.5E with the chromexcel Indy.

post #18 of 3280

Well the Alden rare shell eBay hail mary prices have carried over into 2017.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-for-Leffot-Cigar-Cordovan-NST-Blucher-/142230737025?hash=item211d9cd081:g:zQAAAOSw241YaTGK  

post #19 of 3280
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Repost in the new thread: Does anyone have an opinion on the durability of the reverse chamois? I am looking for a legitimate workboot that can handle the occasional bit of grease, oil, and would stand up over the course of several years. What can I apply to it for protection?

I'd be primarily using these boots inside; not looking necessarily for a cold or wet weather boot. Just serious durability.

How about this from UM: https://unionmadegoods.com/product/alden-mccoppin-norwegian-front-boot-in-reverse-tobacco-chamoise-40207h/

And finally, can the reverse chamois compete at all with shell for longevity?

Would the sole of the oiled kudu boot work better?

https://unionmadegoods.com/product/alden-indy-boot-in-dark-brown-oiled-kudu-404/

both leathers should be fairly durable
post #20 of 3280
Happy New Years everyone! I had moved a couple pairs last year both because of defects that I just couldn't live with which was unfortunate. Hoping this year to get more classic models but I'm sure there will be some great make ups coming around. Wearing these to start the year
post #21 of 3280

I just hope that for 2017 some cool brown shoes appears in Alden europe's retailers :-)

Not many, just a coupe of pairs

post #22 of 3280
Happy new year all. My resolution is to buy fewer pairs and wear my favorites more often.
post #23 of 3280
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

Happy new year all. My resolution is to buy fewer pairs and wear my favorites more often.
I like that plan!
post #24 of 3280

photo IMG_1159_zpscx4wijub.jpg

 

Alden 9015

 

Happy New Year!

post #25 of 3280
Happy new year again, gents. All good wishes to everyone. May you have a wonderful 2017.
post #26 of 3280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarsdaleVibe View Post

Well the Alden rare shell eBay hail mary prices have carried over into 2017.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-for-Leffot-Cigar-Cordovan-NST-Blucher-/142230737025?hash=item211d9cd081:g:zQAAAOSw241YaTGK  

I was wondering how long it would take before someone would post it here. Ridiculous
post #27 of 3280

Happy New year everyone!

post #28 of 3280
Subscribed.

Do monk straps stay on as effectively as tie shoes? Or should I go down half a size?
post #29 of 3280
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdc View Post

Indy boot sizing question for those of you who own more than one pair:

Does anyone wear a slightly larger size in shell cordovan or wax leather (405) than they do in chromexcel leather (403 or other)?  Or... do any of you wish you'd sized down with the chromexcel?  I've only worn my chromexcel Indy boot about six days.  The CXL leather has already stretched so that the boot feels large.  When I first put them on in the morning, the gap at the heel seems appropriate, but by the end of the day, there is sooo much space back there that I think I should have gone with the smaller size.  This would give close to no heel gap on first wearing but give me the reasonable finger-insertable gap mid-day.

I wear 8E in Plaza and Hampton shoes and 7.5E in Barrie shoes, but I went with 8E for both my shell cordovan Indy and the chromexcel Indy to account for the thicker boot socks.  The shell cordovan sized perfectly after a few weeks with thicker socks but I think I should have gone with 7.5E with the chromexcel Indy.

I think you sized wrong..only reason I say that is that on plaza and hampton for my foot i need a full size up from barrie. Now that is very limited scope as to what i have tried on.

i have gone up 1/2 size for a barrie boot NST and trubalance indy for boot socks and found for whatever reason the barie feels much longer the the indie.
post #30 of 3280
Been crushing it lately @watchman1. Nice outfit and an amazing shine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.