or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › I can't stop sweating
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I can't stop sweating

post #1 of 86
Thread Starter 
Hey guys,

I'm getting desperate, I cannot figure out how to stop under arm sweat..

For the past year I've been trying everything I have ever read and i'm running out of options.



I started off by switching to all sleeveless T's ... which definitely helped, but came no-where near fixing anything.

So I started working on it, like not holding my arms closed all the time... (letting air in the area)

again not fixing..

so I started switching deodorants , from anit-persperant to not (trying to not have the "weak dam" effect (a sudden wash) ) gels to pastes...


finally 2 months ago I started shaving under my arms (not to weird, I already shave my legs for cycling) which seems to have sort of helped but not as much as I had hoped...

after that I switched through deodorants again, landing on the 8 dollar degree deodorant (which only gives you about as much as a lip balm stick) and again, I feel like it might be helping a little... but not resolved.



So... I feel like I've gotten it down to manageable... but it is still annoying.... I mainly have a problem at dinner situations where I'm sitting still with my arms at my side.... obviously in any nervous situation.

I'm sure a lot of it is hormones, being as I'm under 21, but is there anything else I can do?


it's so weird... it's like my torso is always a different temperature... my hands/arms can be freezing.. but I can feel my torso burning up...


anyways...weird subject, thanks for replying.
post #2 of 86
I have no solution but my arms usually get sweaty to. My armpits. That and my back. summertime is terrible. In a car, my back gets so sweaty. I usually wear a tank top just to drive in and then take it off and put on what i really want to wear when I get out
post #3 of 86
Thread Starter 
but see for me it's ONLY under my arms.... it's so weird.


and I'm tired of wearing clothes that hide wet.
post #4 of 86
I just recently switched to Mitchum and it seems to be working better than Toms of Maine did for my sweating. I also shave under the arms which reduced things quite a bit.
post #5 of 86
Go see a doctor, maybe they'll suggest something like laser treatment to kill your follicles to permanently keep your armpits from crying stinky tears.
post #6 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karo View Post
Go see a doctor, maybe they'll suggest something like laser treatment to kill your follicles to permanently keep your armpits from crying stinky tears.

This. You spent all this time and money trying to figure this out when you could've just gone to see a doctor and saved a ton of time and at this point, probably money if you've really tried that many things.
post #7 of 86
Assuming you mean that you wear them under your dress shirts and longsleeves, why would you switch to sleeveless Tshirts?? I mean, yes it might be just a slight bit cooler but wouldn't a tshirt with sleeves serve to absorb some of that armpit sweat before it showed through on your outer shirt?
post #8 of 86
Thread Starter 
well really, the only money I've spent trying was the deodorants.... I needed new Ts anyways.... so that's maybe 30 bucks... I'll look into seeing a doctor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix View Post
Assuming you mean that you wear them under your dress shirts and longsleeves, why would you switch to sleeveless Tshirts?? I mean, yes it might be just a slight bit cooler but wouldn't a tshirt with sleeves serve to absorb some of that armpit sweat before it showed through on your outer shirt?
actually no... it doesn't make since, but when you wear a regular T, they are so tight that the tshirt soaks up all the sweat, basically holding it in place.... once that one is wet, the moisture moves to the outer shirt. If you don't have sleaves... you have a lot more air to dry the moisture in the pittular area.... (since your shirts normally provide more space) weird, but it did help quite a bit.
post #9 of 86
Just read your post and decided to sign up, i think i can give u some advice that might help.

I used to have the same problem, i was sweating lots, but just under my arms, wether it was cold or warm . . .

Dont bother trying all the common deodorants, they wont help. I guess you are, like me, suffering of a condition called Hyperhidrosis (google it for more information - theres more people with that problem than you think!) What really helps is "aluminium chlorid". You should be able to get it in pharmacies, maybe u have to go to see your GP to get a perscription for it - i am sure if u ask him about aluminium chlorid, he will know. Its not dangerous or anything, dont let the name fool you.

Its usually a clear gel, u put it under your arms before going to bed. I usually use it every second night, and i tell u - its magic . . .

Since im using it i HARDLY ever sweat, maybe sometimes in summer if its really hot - but thats normal i guess

I have no more problems with wearing tight shirts, ts or whatsover. It changed my life, its such a good feeling to know that u dont have to worry about those nasty stains and wet armpits any more.

Hope that this helps you, if you have any more questions, let me know!
post #10 of 86
^ my mother used aluminum chloride. With great results. But that was back in the dark ages.
post #11 of 86
post #12 of 86
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realbadass View Post
Just read your post and decided to sign up, i think i can give u some advice that might help.

I used to have the same problem, i was sweating lots, but just under my arms, wether it was cold or warm . . .

Dont bother trying all the common deodorants, they wont help. I guess you are, like me, suffering of a condition called Hyperhidrosis (google it for more information - theres more people with that problem than you think!) What really helps is "aluminium chlorid". You should be able to get it in pharmacies, maybe u have to go to see your GP to get a perscription for it - i am sure if u ask him about aluminium chlorid, he will know. Its not dangerous or anything, dont let the name fool you.

Its usually a clear gel, u put it under your arms before going to bed. I usually use it every second night, and i tell u - its magic . . .

Since im using it i HARDLY ever sweat, maybe sometimes in summer if its really hot - but thats normal i guess

I have no more problems with wearing tight shirts, ts or whatsover. It changed my life, its such a good feeling to know that u dont have to worry about those nasty stains and wet armpits any more.

Hope that this helps you, if you have any more questions, let me know!
Thank you very much for replying! I will look it up... I've seen over the counter roll on stuff that sounds similar to what you said, but I'll look for that..

Would I ask at like a CVS pharmacy or something? or go to a doctor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal_1 View Post
that just seems like an absolutely last resort.
post #13 of 86
hmm . . i am from Europe, so im not 100% certain where to get it in the states - but i guess u can try any proper pharmacy first, and if they dont have it over the counter, who will get the perscription from your doctor easily! Try it, i promise you wont be disappointed - the result is amazing, its inexpensive and easy . . .
post #14 of 86
Perhaps you may want to check out Certain Dri.

http://www.certaindri.com/
post #15 of 86
From my biology teacher, I would reccomend against the use of aluminum based materials (deodorants, anti-perspirant, and so on). He's read a great deal of articles that show a direct correlation between aluminum and Alzheimer's.

Aside from that, how's your physical condition? I always believed that my sweat was from my horrible condition. During cross country season, I hardly sweat, but after the season ended, I begin to sweat once in a while. If the other advice people have given you doesn't work, try running.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › I can't stop sweating