• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official STYLEFORUM x DENIMBAR Party! Friday Feb. 8th

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of you might have been reading the "DC Meetup" thread over the last couple of weeks. LA Guy has given us the thumbs up and Mauro and Denimbar have been way beyond generous and are hosting the night so I'm very happy to say that we've decided to step it up a bit and announce....

bounce2.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
THE OFFICIAL DENIMBAR x STYLEFORUM MEMBERS PARTY
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
bounce2.gif

Friday, February 8th 2008
Denimbar (Arlington Store)

Pentagon Row
1101 South Joyce Street
Arlington, Virginia 22202

Party starts 7pm and goes until the booze is gone!!
DenimBar will stay open late on the 8th to accommodate the event, if people are still partying past the normal 9pm closing time - so be it! Denimbar has everything we need to keep the fun going well into the night!

OFFICIAL SPONSORS:
Denimbar: donating more awesomeness than I can describe
Redbull: donating free Redbull (duh)
Nudie: donating jeans for contests
APC: donating jeans for contests
Acne: donating jeans for contest
Sugarcane: donating something special TBA tomorrow night
Diesel: donating something TBA
... maybe one or two more by tomorrow night.

50% SALE on the ENTIRE STORE!
This includes womens items too. Extra inventory will be brought over from the Bethesda store to make sure that there are plenty of sizes available. All of our favorite brands will be available and trying on a ton of stuff is encouraged!!

TRIVIA CONTESTS:
We will be doing denim trivia throughout the night! We'll have 3 "group" contests where you can team up with other SF members to answer a 10 question quiz that Mauro promises will stump almost everyone. Most correct answers win prizes for your group! We'll also be tossing out individual trivia questions throughout the night. We are working on another contest or two, maybe something just for the ladies too.

NAMETAG RAFFLES:
Everyone will be wearing a nametag with your first name and SF name so we know who the hell you are... yes I know nametags are dorky so here's the deal: each name tag will be numbered and we'll be pulling random numbers for prizes throughout the night. If your number is called and you aren't wearing your nametag you are outta luck!

SHOPPERS RAFFLE:
Anyone who buys anything during the sale can use their receipt as a raffle ticket for a pair of Sugarcane 1955 jeans. Of course if a woman wins, db will hook her up with something equally as cool. This raffle will obviously be held later in the evening.

Complimentary catering and alcoholic/virgin drinks provided by Denimbar!
Grey Goose, Don Julio, Pimms, Jameson, and more. Beer will also be free. There will be at least 3 brands of beer TBA. Asian cuisine (sushi and hot food) will be provided! Redbull is co-sponsoring the event and providing free Redbull all night!

Please remember to make arrangements for designated drivers or cabs. We will have phone numbers for taxi services if anyone needs them. Car pools are being organized in this thread so just post and see who else is nearby.

DJ and sound system provided by Denimbar
DJ info TBA soon

UPDATE 1/23: According to our RSVP's and the people who've given me sizing information, we are very close to, if not exceeding capacity for the store. At this point I would ask any newcomers to the thread to limit your guests to a date or a friend. If you've already RSVP'ed for a few more people than that, I'm not going to ask you to un-invite them.[/color]

REMINDERS:
  • Leave your coats in the car, there will be NO ROOM for them inside
  • It's going to be crowded and warm inside so dress prepared!
  • Street parking is limited. There is a lot behind db and a garage across the street at the mall
  • Plan for a designated driver
  • db is open all day but the party/sale won't start until 7pm

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks Brett.
People feel free to bring a guest or more. I have loads of girls stuff as well.
See you guys at the DB.

Quick question what is everyones favorite 3 beers????

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Depends on whether I am buying or not.
true that, but still I'll say: Hooegarden Sam Adams Winter Lager Red Stripe sounds like this could be fun, or very weird. we will see.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question what is everyones favorite 3 beers????
A dangerous question.

Dogfish Head 60-minute IPA
Victory Prima Pils
Brooklyn Lager

I'd be happy with free PBR, though, and I rarely turn down a yuengling.

I'm going to hold off on RSVPing until I figure out how to explain it to my lady friend.

EDIT: Really kind of you to do this, Mauro!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well Normally we have stocked ... yuengling, Stella, amstel light, red stripe, and heniken.
We can get what ever gets the most votes.

I was thinking the party could start around 8pm and go to whenever.

Pete- Bring the lady.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be there +1!

My favorite beers are Asahi Super Dry, Kirin, Tsingdao.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I may be able to make it... not 100% sure (work might get in the way). Sounds awesome regardless.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pity I am up in Canada or I would show. www.innisandgunn.com tasty beers if it is sold in your area. I would be up for buying pair or two if I can pre-order something.

dsholmes1

Reaction score
Looking foward to the date. Cannot wait to purchase a fresh pair of RAW.

Fav Beers:
1. DogFish Head 60min
2. Yuengling
3. Gness Stout

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads