And certes I shall join the challenge...
Inspiration (Click to show)
Doctor Faustus, Thomas Mann, Chapter 25
Well this is not the sleaziest thing ever, but, this is the sleaziest I'll wear this week. First time I'm wearing a white tie with a darker shirt, so I guess this is sleazy enough!
Blazer: Francesco Smalto
Shirt: Swann & Oscar
Trousers: Francesco Smalto
Socks: Bresciani via Mes Chaussettes Rouges
Loafers: John Lobb
The confluence of events in my life, combined with this theme determined my attire for the challenge - a fine case of cabin fever, having been cooped up in my apartment for nearly three weeks at this point, courtesy of a broken pelvic bone, and a tuxedo purchased last year, which I’ve not yet actually had occasion to wear. Since this is the season of Halloween, one can indulge a bit of costume play, all in a good cause.
To me, there is nothing that looks more louche than evening wear and sunglasses, hence the shades.
Enjoy, if you may.
This extended 10-day challenge asks Styleforum members to channel their inner sleaze into a fashionable menswear ensemble.
Loosen the top button of your shirt; leave the tie at home; wear a polo with a blazer; clash colours and patterns in horrifying ways; skip shaving for a day or three.
I want to see how sleazy this side of the forum can get. I'm inviting my degenerate pals over on SW&D to participate so you better bring your A-games.
The Competition Dates
- Opens: 19th October, 2016
- Closes: 29th October, 2016, 23:59 GMT+10
- A suit or sport coat must be worn
- Tie, belt, button shirt, pants: all optional (please wear pants)
- Interpret the theme as you wish otherwise; have fun with it. Go nuts with filters and creative poses if it pleases you
- One entry per poster, feel free to post as many outfits/submissions as you like but only one nominated outfit will be included in the final poll to determine the winner
- The outfit should be worn between now (19.10.16) and competition close (29.10.16 23:59 GMT+10)
InspirationWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Rais - 10/29/16 at 5:26am