I recently received my first two MTM suits and I'm looking for some outside opinions on what alterations should be made. Sorry in advance for some wonky exposure and the moire from my shirt. Camera was on the auto-timer and wasn't playing nice.
Suit #1: Charcoal from Black Lapel (https://blacklapel.com/shop/suits/charcoal-gray-custom-suit) (Paid $499)
(Please excuse the mismatched belt)
- Sleeves could be lengthened about half an inch. (Shirt sleeves are probably a hair too long, too)
- Waist could be relaxed a touch in the back
- Sleeve pitch is probably off a little causing the bunching in the rear of my upper arm.
- Pant break could be a little shorter.
- Thighs are too tight.
Suit #1: Deep Indigo Glen Plaid 3-piece from Indochino (https://www.indochino.com/product/deep-indigo-glen-plaid-suit) (Paid $458 on sale)
- Jacket should be let out to fix the open vents
- Vest body can be taken in for a closer fit. I wish it were slightly longer, too.
- Seat of pants could be let out a little to alleviate pocket bowing
Overall I'm quite happy with both suits, especially for first orders. Both were ordered on the same day and arrived on the same day. The Black Lapel suit was only in transit for two days vs about a week for the Indochino suit which is why I believe the Indochino still has some latent wrinkles after hanging in a steamy bathroom for a day. Both feel well-constructed and show no defects. If necessary, I feel both could be worn without any alterations in a pinch and still look better than most RTW suits of the same price. My only real complaint is that the Black Lapel pants are too tight in the thighs. I'm pretty sure I'd tear them if I tried to squat down. They asked me to confirm my thigh measurement since it was larger than usual, which I did. However I believe they still made them about an inch too small. It looks like there's enough extra material that my tailor may be able to let them out half an inch, which could be satisfactory. I'll be in contact with Black Lapel to see what they think.
Edited by MLad - 10/13/16 at 11:54am