or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum and AandH Magazine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum and AandH Magazine - Page 5

post #61 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Bummer, it would have been good to see you.

So... No love for Sullivan Street Bakery bombolini?

I have nothing against good bombolini, merely that my husband is obsessed with donuts from the Donut Pub, which has branched out into making their version of a Cronut - the maple/bacon version is a heart attack in a white paper bag, but very soul-satisfying.
post #62 of 130
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

I have nothing against good bombolini, merely that my husband is obsessed with donuts from the Donut Pub, which has branched out into making their version of a Cronut - the maple/bacon version is a heart attack in a white paper bag, but very soul-satisfying.

I'll need to look this place up.  

 

I grew up eating bombolini all day long, but was recently told by our social media manager, who is Italian, that this is a breakfast food only (this explains the looks I get when I order on to eat with my 5 p.m. espresso while in Italy), so I may only have one shot at this.

 

Chocolate and vanilla custard or fruit jam, in a nicely risen dough, deep fried, and dusted with sugar.  With steaming hot coffee.  You don't get much better than that.

post #63 of 130
I think the Tres Leches doughnut from the Doughnut plant is excellent and among the best I've ever had.

I'm not a fan of the sweet stuff from Sullivan street Bakery. I think they are better for their Pizza Bianca and flat bread pizzas. Their Pizza Funghi is so good.
post #64 of 130
Take a trip out to Tip Top fabrics and get donuts at Peter Pan. It'll be a Greenpoint adventure.
post #65 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post

Take a trip out to Tip Top fabrics and get donuts at Peter Pan. It'll be a Greenpoint adventure.

 

 

Peter Pan is the same classic style as Donut Pub though, so you might as well stick with that and not have to leave the city if you're only there for a day. @upr_crust had it when he said they were good for that normal style of donut, and Donut Plant is good for fancy donuts (although I prefer Dough Donuts in this category) 

post #66 of 130
I say get a few dozen boxes of Entenmann's donuts and call it a day. If not, I support Crusty's recommendation.
post #67 of 130
Any type of donut during set up will be better than the no donuts of last year's set up.
post #68 of 130
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post
 

 

 

Peter Pan is the same classic style as Donut Pub though, so you might as well stick with that and not have to leave the city if you're only there for a day. @upr_crust had it when he said they were good for that normal style of donut, and Donut Plant is good for fancy donuts (although I prefer Dough Donuts in this category) 

Woah... those look really good.  I might call for four or five dozen and then bring them in in the morning so that whoever comes to help, vendors, and organzers, and whoever shows up before they are gone, can have some eats and coffee after shlepping up chairs and tables and racks.

 

If you can't find, me, I will be in the kitchen drinking coffee and eating this (dulce de leche with almonds - yeast donuts fo life.)

 

post #69 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post


Peter Pan is the same classic style as Donut Pub though, so you might as well stick with that and not have to leave the city if you're only there for a day. @upr_crust
 had it when he said they were good for that normal style of donut, and Donut Plant is good for fancy donuts (although I prefer Dough Donuts in this category) 

Fair enough. Dough is awesome. We had one a block from my last office, and it made for the nice occasional indulgence.

Fok - if you go that route, the toasted coconut and the passionfruit are awesome
post #70 of 130
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post

Let's convince Carmina to waive MTO fees again.

Ask, and ye shall receive.  Once again, they will be waiving the MTO fees for MTOs, at the Trunk Show in person only.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #71 of 130

Gentlemen!



 



We are preparing a special 25% discount code that will be handed out to everyone at the event!



Don't miss the opportunity to get measured directly by the Lanieri's team in NY and to save on your first Italian MTM suit!



 





 



 



 

post #72 of 130
Thread Starter 

I'm very tempted to feed people wings and ribs.  Someone convince me otherwise.

post #73 of 130
I think it might be too messy
post #74 of 130
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

I think it might be too messy

I have a cruel sense of humor though.... plus, deliciousness?  BTW, someone recommend me the best food delivery place in NYC for catering from decent restaurants.

post #75 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

I have a cruel sense of humor though.... plus, deliciousness?  BTW, someone recommend me the best food delivery place in NYC for catering from decent restaurants.

 

Dinosaur BBQ is famous for ribs. Not sure if you can get them to deliver this far downtown though. Nonetheless, I definitely approve of this thought process. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum and AandH Magazine