or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread - Page 42

post #616 of 724
I thought the Constitution party was a made up fake conservative party invented way back when to pull votes from Bush... Maybe I am thinking of something else?
post #617 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

I thought the Constitution party was a made up fake conservative party invented way back when to pull votes from Bush... Maybe I am thinking of something else?


The Constitution Party is basically a pro-life federalist party.  Probably somewhere between Republicans and Libertarians.

post #618 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Back up a second here. The CNN headline is actually "Glenn Beck: Opposing Trump is 'moral' choice — even if Clinton is elected."

To be fair, the headline he quoted is the original headline. CNN changed it.
post #619 of 724
post #620 of 724
Credit where credit's due: Trump's suits aren't that bad, and unlike most recent candidates he keeps them on most of the time.
post #621 of 724

post #622 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmin209 View Post

To be fair, the headline he quoted is the original headline. CNN changed it.

Interesting....sneaky little CNN's.
post #623 of 724
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Interesting....sneaky little CNN's.

I've seen them do that more than once, re-write copy, etc.
post #624 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I've seen them do that more than once, re-write copy, etc.

I thought that was weird, because I just glanced at it originally and figured it was clickbait. Then I re-read it a couple hours later and it was like "Hey wait, this isn't even clickbait. It's just a headline."


That's some bullshit. Liberal bias or not, they ought to note when they change text. That's like basic journalism right there.
post #625 of 724
It's actually a fairy common practice online, FWIU.
post #626 of 724
nm, late to the party.
post #627 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Credit where credit's due: Trump's suits aren't that bad, and unlike most recent candidates he keeps them on most of the time.
I would "like" turk's post since I think the first part is a fair observation, but I can't bring myself to do it because he left us with the images suggested by the second part of his post.
post #628 of 724
post #629 of 724
Chris Wallace wins tie dimple contest.
post #630 of 724

Wallace is doing a very good job of controlling the conversation so far. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread