or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread - Page 33

post #481 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post


If someone could just break into your house and take it? Yeah, I think so.

Yeah, because the house of an ex president and the current secretary of state isnt secure at all.

post #482 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

You are suffering from Trump derangement syndrome.


Trump suffered a literally historic loss in the first debate. It was so bad that it flipped the expected results of six states. This debate isn't going to change anything. There's no way Clinton lost this as badly as Trump lost the first. Unless she had admitted to criminal actions on stage, I doubt it would even have been possible.

A "historic" loss? It wasn't as decisive as Romney's victory over Obama in their first debate, and that wasn't historic. Her bump in the polls was meager, and it was mostly because of the Miss Universe thing. Trump lost that first debate, but it was slanted heavily against Trump when you consider the content of the questions and the fact that Hillary escaped questioning on every single one of her weak points.

Let me put it this way - if CNN is asking who won the debate, it means Hillary got destroyed. If CNN did not immediately declare her the clear winner, it's very bad news for her.
post #483 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Yeah, because the house of an ex president and the current secretary of state isnt secure at all.

Well, you do run the risk of a Congressional Commission SWAT team bursting in and seizing it.
post #484 of 724
So any non crazy people can tell me who won? I ain't watching a mean old lady trying to tie up a pig.
post #485 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Yeah, because the house of an ex president and the current secretary of state isnt secure at all.

Why do you imagine the physical security was any better than the...whatever you call computer security?
post #486 of 724
Considering there was no evidence that the security of the computer in question was breached...what's the point again?
post #487 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

A "historic" loss? It wasn't as decisive as Romney's victory over Obama in their first debate, and that wasn't historic. Her bump in the polls was meager, and it was mostly because of the Miss Universe thing. Trump lost that first debate, but it was slanted heavily against Trump when you consider the content of the questions and the fact that Hillary escaped questioning on every single one of her weak points.

Let me put it this way - if CNN is asking who won the debate, it means Hillary got destroyed. If CNN did not immediately declare her the clear winner, it's very bad news for her.

I know you Trump people don't like to see this kind of stuff, but there actual "facts" and "numbers" here.

Before the debate, Trump had been leading in Ohio, Florida, Nevada, Colorado, North Carolina, and Iowa. Now he's losing all of them. It's literally the worst post-debate polling cycle in modern history. The public has made it pretty clear who they thought won, and by how much.
post #488 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

So any non crazy people can tell me who won? I ain't watching a mean old lady trying to tie up a pig.
Paul Ryan and Corey Booker.
post #489 of 724
If declaring his intentions to govern as a dictator is #winning then I guess Trump won the debate. If you judged this like a press conference before a prize fight, he certainly won. If you judge it as a debate, he lost badly and only the fact that he set the bar so low with his previous performance made this feel better.

He called Clinton the devil who has "hate in her heart," said that all she has is "empty words" but that his "locker room talk" is "just words people", said that if she couldn't even say islamic terrorism she couldn't beat it (is that different from "just words"?), says that "nobody respects women" more than him, and continues to deny things that he's said and done out in the open. He spent very little of his time answering questions - either because his medication (ritalin or adderall?) wasn't working or because he knows that his base prefers that he rely on his alt-right talking points. For a guy who claims to know more about any other candidate in history about the tax code, the only thing he talks about is carried interest, and I'm not sure he or his followers even know what it means. Trump doesn't earn carried interest (at least for the business that everyone is aware of). Similarly, he claims that he is going to repeal Obamacare but his solution essentially sounds like an attack on states' rights. He also is ignoring the fact that repealing Obamacare would cost our country $100B per year by 2025 and increasing from there according to the CBO.

My favorite moment of the debate was the first question about modeling appropriate and positive behavior. Clinton understands and answers the question. Trump treated it as an invitation to re-announce his rhetoric for entering the campaign.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
QUESTION: Thank you, and good evening. The last debate could have been rated as MA, mature audiences, per TV parental guidelines. Knowing that educators assign viewing the presidential debates as students’ homework, do you feel you’re modeling appropriate and positive behavior for today’s youth?

CLINTON: Well, thank you. Are you a teacher? Yes, I think that that’s a very good question, because I’ve heard from lots of teachers and parents about some of their concerns about some of the things that are being said and done in this campaign.

And I think it is very important for us to make clear to our children that our country really is great because we’re good. And we are going to respect one another, lift each other up. We are going to be looking for ways to celebrate our diversity, and we are going to try to reach out to every boy and girl, as well as every adult, to bring them in to working on behalf of our country.

I have a very positive and optimistic view about what we can do together. That’s why the slogan of my campaign is “Stronger Together,” because I think if we work together, if we overcome the divisiveness that sometimes sets Americans against one another, and instead we make some big goals — and I’ve set forth some big goals, getting the economy to work for everyone, not just those at the top, making sure that we have the best education system from preschool through college and making it affordable, and so much else.

If we set those goals and we go together to try to achieve them, there’s nothing in my opinion that America can’t do. So that’s why I hope that we will come together in this campaign. Obviously, I’m hoping to earn your vote, I’m hoping to be elected in November, and I can promise you, I will work with every American.

I want to be the president for all Americans, regardless of your political beliefs, where you come from, what you look like, your religion. I want us to heal our country and bring it together because that’s, I think, the best way for us to get the future that our children and our grandchildren deserve.

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, thank you. Mr. Trump, you have two minutes.

TRUMP: Well, I actually agree with that. I agree with everything she said. I began this campaign because I was so tired of seeing such foolish things happen to our country. This is a great country. This is a great land. I’ve gotten to know the people of the country over the last year-and-a-half that I’ve been doing this as a politician. I cannot believe I’m saying that about myself, but I guess I have been a politician.

TRUMP: And my whole concept was to make America great again. When I watch the deals being made, when I watch what’s happening with some horrible things like Obamacare, where your health insurance and health care is going up by numbers that are astronomical, 68 percent, 59 percent, 71 percent, when I look at the Iran deal and how bad a deal it is for us, it’s a one-sided transaction where we’re giving back $150 billion to a terrorist state, really, the number one terror state, we’ve made them a strong country from really a very weak country just three years ago.

When I look at all of the things that I see and all of the potential that our country has, we have such tremendous potential, whether it’s in business and trade, where we’re doing so badly. Last year, we had almost $800 billion trade deficit. In other words, trading with other countries. We had an $800 billion deficit. It’s hard to believe. Inconceivable.

You say who’s making these deals? We’re going the make great deals. We’re going to have a strong border. We’re going to bring back law and order. Just today, policemen was shot, two killed. And this is happening on a weekly basis. We have to bring back respect to law enforcement. At the same time, we have to take care of people on all sides. We need justice.

But I want to do things that haven’t been done, including fixing and making our inner cities better for the African-American citizens that are so great, and for the Latinos, Hispanics, and I look forward to doing it. It’s called make America great again.
post #490 of 724
Silly rabbit, you don't have to answer the people's questions to win the debate!
post #491 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnFacconable View Post


My favorite moment of the debate was the first question about modeling appropriate and positive behavior. Clinton understands and answers the question.

Eh, sort of. Neither one of them really answered that one squarely.
post #492 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I know you Trump people don't like to see this kind of stuff, but there actual "facts" and "numbers" here.

Before the debate, Trump had been leading in Ohio, Florida, Nevada, Colorado, North Carolina, and Iowa. Now he's losing all of them. It's literally the worst post-debate polling cycle in modern history. The public has made it pretty clear who they thought won, and by how much.

correlation doesn't mean causation mr.scientist

Somebody could say it was result of the leaked tape, rather than his debate performance
post #493 of 724
Did someone say facts?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/10/10/fact-checking-the-second-clinton-trump-presidential-debate/

lol at all of the quotes from trump defending Bill's womanizing...
post #494 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

mr.scientist
Ooh, BURN!!11!!
post #495 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Considering there was no evidence that the security of the computer in question was breached...what's the point again?

This has been discussed ad nauseum. Hillary's server was highly vulnerable for extended periods of time. If it had been compromised, and it probably was, a sophisticated attacker would not leave evidence.

Hillary Clinton’s Email Was Probably Hacked, Experts Say
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/07/us/hillary-clintons-email-was-probably-hacked-experts-say.html
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread