or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread - Page 19

post #271 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Serious question though...has anyone actually called Hannity?


Why are people calling Hannity?

post #272 of 724
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

Any college student worth his safe space would tell you patriarchal discourse encompass both toxic masculinity AND cliché, restrictive feminity. I may not agree with them on that much but on this they would be right, Trump is basically the poster boy for outdated male machismo. In other words the way you are dsecribing his treatment of males is actually an argument highliting his sexist mindset. I'm pretty sure you're just arguing to argue anyway as Trump is so caricatural that he is obviously, intuitively read as sexist by what we call "the average man on the street".

Just so I'm clear...now that I've demonstrated that he also insults men as men (vs. "as people" in your original formulation) you're using that as support for your prior argument which said the opposite under the guise of "toxic masculinity?" So basically there's no way you could be wrong here? That's pretty nifty.

This also harks back to part of my earlier post which asked is the mere fact one insults a female in a personal manner sexist?
post #273 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Wait, are people really arguing that he's not sexist because his favored form of attack on male rivals is to insult their manliness? Thereby implying they are more like women? The subtext being that manly men=good, women=bad?

This argument reminds me of when I heard an interview wherein a long-time LA radio DJ argued that the prevalence of the word "bitch" in rap culture didn't had nothing to do with sexism, a conclusion he supported by pointing out that men and boys called each other "bitch" as an insult as well.
post #274 of 724
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Wait, are people really arguing that he's not sexist because his favored form of attack on male rivals is to insult their manliness? Thereby implying they are more like women? The subtext being that manly men=good, women=bad?

I'm disagreeing with the thought he attacks women for being women but attacks men as people.

Also, I don't think that subtext claim quite fits. It's more like, "Manly men make better leaders" which may or may not be correct. Also, it does not follow from there that "women = bad."

Also, fuck you all for putting me in the position where I have to unravel this.
post #275 of 724
Thread Starter 
Maybe I'm sexist? I think that's the disconnect between me and you guys. I actually like being masculine and prefer my women be feminine so am I de facto sexist? FWIW I think inner strength has nothing to do with either.
post #276 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Also, fuck you all for putting me in the position where I have to unravel this.

Stop insulting us like women.
post #277 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Maybe I'm sexist? I think that's the disconnect between me and you guys. I actually like being masculine and prefer my women be feminine so am I de facto sexist? FWIW I think inner strength has nothing to do with either.

I dunno, do you belittle women who do not meet the specific (feminine) standards you appreciate? There's a difference between liking something and seeing it as the one true way. There's also different audiences: in some milieux merely liking clothes (see this forum) makes you a total fag.
post #278 of 724
ofc im with piob here

even if you look at the way men and women tend to demean each other, women tend to attack other women on looks and men tend to attack other men on lack of status/achievement/good job - this is especially true when sexual jealousy is concerned. You could easily link that to the difference of evaluating men and women worth in society or perhaps even on more basic level on sexual market. So in that context if you want to demean a woman attacking her on her looks - does it mean it is inherently sexist? If the assumption is women and men are valued for diffrent qualities because of diffrent evolved mating strategies between sexes, I don't think you could say that. In both cases, when you demean someone you aim to lower his status in eyes of other people, so if status and value for men and women is dependant on diffrent qualities you attack both sexes diffrently.
post #279 of 724
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

I dunno, do you belittle women who do not meet the specific (feminine) standards you appreciate? There's a difference between liking something and seeing it as the one true way. There's also different audiences: in some milieux merely liking clothes (see this forum) makes you a total fag.

If by "belittle" you mean they have no chance at getting sexy with me, then yes. wink.gif
post #280 of 724
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

ofc im with piob here

ffffuuuu.gif
post #281 of 724
yea i know, it probably means that you're wrong heheh
post #282 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

ffffuuuu.gif
<3
post #283 of 724
Thread Starter 
ffffuuuu.gif
post #284 of 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

ofc im with piob here

even if you look at the way men and women tend to demean each other, women tend to attack other women on looks and men tend to attack other men on lack of status/achievement/good job - this is especially true when sexual jealousy is concerned. You could easily link that to the difference of evaluating men and women worth in society or perhaps even on more basic level on sexual market. So in that context if you want to demean a woman attacking her on her looks - does it mean it is inherently sexist? If the assumption is women and men are valued for diffrent qualities because of diffrent evolved mating strategies between sexes, I don't think you could say that. In both cases, when you demean someone you aim to lower his status in eyes of other people, so if status and value for men and women is dependant on diffrent qualities you attack both sexes diffrently.

Look Andrezj, you traded hot girlfriend for nice bottle of Zuborwka bought $$ from most good sheep stealing business (much success) but this isn't how it works in civilized countries.
post #285 of 724

Its funny how racist wojt makes Fuuma.  I take back my request to kick foreigners out of these freds.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread