I was checking out this thread a couple of days ago and thought the same thing about it dying down. Besides those with odd body measurements or folks looking for extreme customizations I just have a difficult time getting on the Indochino bandwagon. There are plenty of suiting options out there and with a little tailoring you can pretty much get a great fitting suit. Again I speak only to those with "typical" body measurements which that in itself is a loose term.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/6/14 at 10:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Clothes and Perception Last post on 2/24/15 at 1:08pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Indochino suits? - Page 214post #3196 of 32292/11/14 at 6:08amQuote:
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3197 of 32292/11/14 at 1:52pmpost #3198 of 32292/11/14 at 10:51pmYeah, seems like the discussion just moved somewhere else - or maybe there is just not much left to discuss, the kind of buzz around Indochino seems to have died down. They are still growing tremendously, I think it's what ultramantaro said, the "indy" appeal is gone. Maybe also their customers now are not people that would discuss on Styleforum?post #3199 of 32292/13/14 at 6:58pmpost #3200 of 32293/12/14 at 7:44ampost #3201 of 32294/14/14 at 5:31pm
Ordered a suit and received it.
-Craftsmanship is a lot better than 4 years ago, I'm totally satisfied there.
-Fit according to my input measurements? NO, they edit in some weird way and add 4" here and there, so now it fits horrible. It's dumb of Indochino to do that, they're wasting their own profits on the remakes ppl will inevitably request.
-Shoulder padding is RIDICULOUS. Way too much.
-Armholes are LOW. Bottom of armhole hits at my nipple line, I can barely move my arms and it feels like my shoulders are being squished in by the suit.
-Pants are roomy across the seat in terms of width, but I can feel the U shape of the crotch line biting into my butt like womens sexy underwear or something... not pleasant!
Ugh, now gotta try to get a remake and do the whole month-long back and forth process a couple times...post #3202 of 32294/29/14 at 7:43pm
i read on this thread that dragon inside's system allows you to enter your measurement profile from your existing indochino measurements. how exactly is this don? i couldn't figure it out on their site. i was also wondering if the opposite could be done as in taking your dragon inside profile and using those numbers for indochinopost #3203 of 32295/19/14 at 3:27pm
Remake on the way, but I checked the measurements page and noticed their tailors changed the remake adjustments I put in! That defeats the whole purpose of remake because I specifically compared and adjusted those dimensions...
i.e. I left my shoulder measurement unchanged, because it was absolutely FINE, and I have multiple well-fitting suits to compare to. Yet they randomly decided to -0.5" from it. They randomly subtracted 0.5" from the crotch measurement on the pants too. What are you trying to say buddy!
I don't know what the heck is going on but I will try it once it gets here...post #3204 of 32295/19/14 at 3:53pm
Take your own measurements carefully and plan to have it re-sized.
I went to an Indochino fitting event and was measured for and then bought a Tuxedo from Indochino and it arrived way too small for me. When I took it to my tailor he opened up the lining and found that there wasn't enough fabric to let out the coat. The sleeves gave me frankenstein arms but because I opted for functional buttons they couldn't be lengthened.
In all honesty Indochino was willing to make amends but I never got around to documenting the errors in time for a re-fund.
Anyway, Tux for Sale if anyone wants it.post #3205 of 32296/5/14 at 7:14am
Received my fist Indochino suit yesterday and have to be honest I am not thrilled with it. But then again, this is my first custom suit and I don't know a damn thing about how they should fit, so I thought maybe I could get some help from all of you before I try and get a remake.
My thoughts, the pants fit pretty well though the length may need adjusting a bit.
The coat is where things really feel off to me. I'm a big guy and realistic. I do not expect a custom suit to make a 200lbs guy look like he's 150, but this thing seems to drape my torso like a tarp. There doesn't seem to be any shape at all, and tons of room in the torso. As you can see in one of the shots below, I estimated how much it could be taken in without looking like a sausage casing and the overlap is pretty big. For comparison's sake, I even threw in the second to last shot of a coat I have from years back that is straight off the rack, I don't love this one either but the fit on the body seems much better.
Also, I am not quite sure what to look for in the shoulders of sleeves though the former seems pretty off too.
Last thing, I didn't order functional button holes but I was surprised to see the way the buttons on the sleeve lay on top of one another. Is that normal?
Edited by drquig - 6/5/14 at 8:28ampost #3206 of 32296/5/14 at 10:03am
I'd say take it to a tailor and have them give you an honest appraisal of if the jacket can be taken in and if the sleeves can be fixed to drape right. I think Indochino's style or pattern is really only for skinny stick-legged bastards. I'm 6'2" and 210lbs and they couldn't get my proportions right.
Is Indochino still offering a tailor credit? I've heard that they will also offer credit for returns, so if the jacket can't be salvaged then maybe you could return it for a couple more pants if they fit well.
As for the sleeve buttons apparently that's just a style thing, or so sez people more knowledgeable than I. http://www.styleforum.net/t/2042/sleeve-buttons-on-suitspost #3207 of 32296/5/14 at 10:53ampost #3208 of 32296/18/14 at 6:43pmpost #3209 of 32298/8/14 at 11:03pmpost #3210 of 322910/29/14 at 2:39pm
Hey, I'm new to styleforums and not so long ago got my first custom made suit from Indochino - Premium Navy 3 piece.
Overall I was happy with it, shoulder padding could have been a little less I guess but it's ok as I have naturally very wide shoulders.
I went to one knowledgeable experienced tailor and he looked at it and it was almost perfect just that shoulder padding... All he could do was to press it a bit it would not be a permanent fix though. Overall he said it was a good buy I paid $749 - $100 discount for a Premium 3 piece suit. Tailor that I went to makes suits with a starting price $2000+.
I'm 29 yo 6'6 tall 245-250 lb athletic build and for me custom is the only way to go.
I will upload pictures later.
- Indochino suits?
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 37 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE MAY 29 2015: Dress like a Fruit...or Vegetable 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply fits great, reason to go full canvas? 5 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan