or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Indochino suits?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Indochino suits? - Page 197

post #2941 of 3216

I should clarify - I purchased using the GILT deal

post #2942 of 3216
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbgoose View Post

I should clarify - I purchased using the GILT deal
  • After purchase, you will receive a Gilt City voucher via email with a unique ten-character voucher number.
  • Please wait until you receive your official Gilt City voucher to contact the vendor and redeem this offer.
I'm still waiting myself.
post #2943 of 3216
I just received my remake and it is spot on!

It was a night and day difference from the first suit they sent me. I was worried because the first one was so off. I sent in corrected measurements, and the remake fit perfectly out the box!

I'll post pics later.

Can't wait for the other suits to come in! biggrin.gif
post #2944 of 3216
BTW, there is a sale on now, Navy Cotton Suit for $300.
post #2945 of 3216
Quite a lot of new items have now been added to the winter sale - Overcoats are gone, but suits have been added: http://www.indochino-review.com/2013/01/deal-update-winter-sale-now-includes.html
post #2946 of 3216

So, just ordered a tux. A double breasted midnight blue, with peak lapels. Might be a little bold. Anyone else with a similar combo, so I can see how it turned out? 

post #2947 of 3216
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJKD View Post

So, just ordered a tux. A double breasted midnight blue, with peak lapels. Might be a little bold. Anyone else with a similar combo, so I can see how it turned out? 

I would've recommended black for a double-breasted tux. The Indochino midnight-blue is kinda wonky how the lapels are only trimmed with satin. Whatever floats your boat, though.

post #2948 of 3216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase H View Post

I would've recommended black for a double-breasted tux. The Indochino midnight-blue is kinda wonky how the lapels are only trimmed with satin. Whatever floats your boat, though.

That's what turns me off about that tux.

post #2949 of 3216
What would qualify as a similar combo? I got a double-breasted pinstripe suit from Indochino and I have the Midnight Blue Tux too.

Tux:
http://www.indochino-review.com/2012/11/midnight-blue-tuxedo-review.html

Double Breasted:
http://www.indochino-review.com/2012/08/indochino-double-breasted-suit-review.com.html#more
post #2950 of 3216
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzL View Post

What would qualify as a similar combo? I got a double-breasted pinstripe suit from Indochino and I have the Midnight Blue Tux too.

Tux:
http://www.indochino-review.com/2012/11/midnight-blue-tuxedo-review.html

Double Breasted:
http://www.indochino-review.com/2012/08/indochino-double-breasted-suit-review.com.html#more

Damn, what a gorgeous suit. This is why I have high hopes for indochino.

post #2951 of 3216

Received my first Indochino suit.  What are everyone's thoughts on the jacket?  I know the sleeves are too short.  The pants fit well.  Thanks for your help.

 

 

post #2952 of 3216

The shoulders are a little wonky. Take it to "Tailors fit thread" with some side and rear pics.

post #2953 of 3216
I think the shoulders are too small. Used their shoulder measuring method using a "well fitting shirt". I lift and my shoulders and upper arms are larger than most my size and frame. Noticed a bit of collar gap. Probably from the shoulders pulling the lapels? Should I go up an inch, half an inch in the shoulders?
post #2954 of 3216
Hmm Considering getting a suit from these guys.

Can anyone from Australia who has sent anything back tell me approx how much the return shipping will cost?

I fear that any savings made over buying in store and having it altered will break even with ridiculous shipping fees Australia Post charge.
For example I once had to return a pair of shoes to Endless.com which cost me $48 shipping from (cheapest available) Sydney to the States.
post #2955 of 3216
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshin View Post

Hmm Considering getting a suit from these guys.

Can anyone from Australia who has sent anything back tell me approx how much the return shipping will cost?

I fear that any savings made over buying in store and having it altered will break even with ridiculous shipping fees Australia Post charge.
For example I once had to return a pair of shoes to Endless.com which cost me $48 shipping from (cheapest available) Sydney to the States.

It'll probably cost you something like $30-40. They don't mind if you stuff it in a really small box and send it with snail mail, actually. At least they donate these return suits to charity, so you are doing something good in a way.

I just got my latest Indochino suit, the Indigo one from the Ultimate Tech Collection. It's terrific, I didn't expect it to be that good. It's the first suit I have with the upgraded components. Sorry for the really crappy iPhone pic, there will a full review soon. I am currently traveling in Asia and got the chance to work as an extra in a couple of movies - I wore the suit yesterday and I don't think I ever got that many compliments on an outfit!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Indochino suits?