Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/6/14 at 10:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Clothes and Perception Last post on 2/24/15 at 1:08pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Indochino suits? - Page 184
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2747 of 322911/2/12 at 9:31pmpost #2748 of 322911/8/12 at 5:40pm
Has anyone requested a Skinny fitting suit from Indochino and gotten a good result? I went to the traveling tailor exhibition and she took my measurements having requested a very modern/skinny/tapered result. A little hesitant to order until I know whether or not they follow-through with an appropriately skinny suit.post #2749 of 322911/10/12 at 6:46pmpost #2750 of 322911/13/12 at 6:44pmpost #2751 of 322911/13/12 at 7:30pmpost #2752 of 322911/14/12 at 8:05amQuote:
When I bought my suit I asked for a specific leg opening via email and they got pretty close. You can lead them to the taper you want based on the thigh, knee and ankle measurements.post #2753 of 322911/14/12 at 8:08amQuote:
If you're convinced you don't want to wear a belt with your suit, I'd recommend that for a first suit you still get the loops; you can always have them removed later. Wear the pants around the house beltless on several days, both immediately before and after a meal. If they fit you VERY well each time, sitting at the same height (the best way to tell is either by relation to your navel or by how much break you have), then you can get those removed or get pants with no loops.post #2754 of 322911/14/12 at 8:19ampost #2755 of 322911/14/12 at 8:29amQuote:Quote:
Vent is a personal preference. You can also get side adjsuters.post #2756 of 322911/14/12 at 8:36ampost #2757 of 322911/14/12 at 10:47amQuote:Originally Posted by logikel
Has anyone requested a Skinny fitting suit from Indochino and gotten a good result? I went to the traveling tailor exhibition and she took my measurements having requested a very modern/skinny/tapered result. A little hesitant to order until I know whether or not they follow-through with an appropriately skinny suit.
lol...let me know how that turns out.post #2758 of 322911/14/12 at 7:34pmpost #2759 of 322911/14/12 at 7:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
Ok guys, I was wrong about my remake date and I still have about two days. Here are a few more pics of me in my tuxedo (I realize again the quality isn't great and I'm sorry, but it's the best I could do right now). The last picture is of me in just a t-shirt and shorts to give a good idea of what my actual build is out of the suit. The shirt is studded but I don't have studs yet so the three button areas below the collar are undone. Please ignore the shirt sleeves getting caught in the jacket sleeves in one/some of the pics.
1. Jacket: too small kind of everywhere I guess. Should definitely be a little longer, right? Just not sure how much longer. Also thinking of adding a little to the chest, and definitely a little to the waist and hips of the jacket.
2. Shirt: way too tight in the chest (even at rest with my arms by my side, the button holes for the studs at the top are pulling away). The sleeves are actually a pretty good length. The length of the body of the shirt is at least 2 inches too short, maybe more (which may be partially why it looks so bunched at my waist in the pics without the jacket....it's so short it's riding up and almost untucked I think).
3. Pants: honestly they feel like they fit me almost perfectly. I know you can't get a good look at the bottom of them in these pics, but I don't think I'll make any alteration to them (or if I do, I may just get the part below the knees tapered like a half inch).
Any help is appreciated!
I know this isn't what you were looking for, but I strongly recommend heather grey undershirts.post #2760 of 322911/16/12 at 3:21pm
- Indochino suits?
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › MUST GO: Sz 11.5, D width, Florsheim Veblen wingtip shoes, Rust 3 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 55 seconds ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison Wingtip Boots -- size 11.5D -- near new 1 minute ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 12 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 25 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan