Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/7/12 at 2:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Learning to dress business-casually in London Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:03pm in Classic Menswear
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Indochino suits? - Page 184
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2747 of 320911/2/12 at 9:31pmpost #2748 of 320911/8/12 at 5:40pm
Has anyone requested a Skinny fitting suit from Indochino and gotten a good result? I went to the traveling tailor exhibition and she took my measurements having requested a very modern/skinny/tapered result. A little hesitant to order until I know whether or not they follow-through with an appropriately skinny suit.post #2749 of 320911/10/12 at 6:46pmpost #2750 of 320911/13/12 at 6:44pmpost #2751 of 320911/13/12 at 7:30pmpost #2752 of 320911/14/12 at 8:05amQuote:
When I bought my suit I asked for a specific leg opening via email and they got pretty close. You can lead them to the taper you want based on the thigh, knee and ankle measurements.post #2753 of 320911/14/12 at 8:08amQuote:
If you're convinced you don't want to wear a belt with your suit, I'd recommend that for a first suit you still get the loops; you can always have them removed later. Wear the pants around the house beltless on several days, both immediately before and after a meal. If they fit you VERY well each time, sitting at the same height (the best way to tell is either by relation to your navel or by how much break you have), then you can get those removed or get pants with no loops.post #2754 of 320911/14/12 at 8:19ampost #2755 of 320911/14/12 at 8:29amQuote:Quote:
Vent is a personal preference. You can also get side adjsuters.post #2756 of 320911/14/12 at 8:36ampost #2757 of 320911/14/12 at 10:47amQuote:Originally Posted by logikel
Has anyone requested a Skinny fitting suit from Indochino and gotten a good result? I went to the traveling tailor exhibition and she took my measurements having requested a very modern/skinny/tapered result. A little hesitant to order until I know whether or not they follow-through with an appropriately skinny suit.
lol...let me know how that turns out.post #2758 of 320911/14/12 at 7:34pmpost #2759 of 320911/14/12 at 7:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
Ok guys, I was wrong about my remake date and I still have about two days. Here are a few more pics of me in my tuxedo (I realize again the quality isn't great and I'm sorry, but it's the best I could do right now). The last picture is of me in just a t-shirt and shorts to give a good idea of what my actual build is out of the suit. The shirt is studded but I don't have studs yet so the three button areas below the collar are undone. Please ignore the shirt sleeves getting caught in the jacket sleeves in one/some of the pics.
1. Jacket: too small kind of everywhere I guess. Should definitely be a little longer, right? Just not sure how much longer. Also thinking of adding a little to the chest, and definitely a little to the waist and hips of the jacket.
2. Shirt: way too tight in the chest (even at rest with my arms by my side, the button holes for the studs at the top are pulling away). The sleeves are actually a pretty good length. The length of the body of the shirt is at least 2 inches too short, maybe more (which may be partially why it looks so bunched at my waist in the pics without the jacket....it's so short it's riding up and almost untucked I think).
3. Pants: honestly they feel like they fit me almost perfectly. I know you can't get a good look at the bottom of them in these pics, but I don't think I'll make any alteration to them (or if I do, I may just get the part below the knees tapered like a half inch).
Any help is appreciated!
I know this isn't what you were looking for, but I strongly recommend heather grey undershirts.post #2760 of 320911/16/12 at 3:21pm
- Indochino suits?
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › How well do you dress? Vote! 1 minute ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 10 minutes ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 11 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 12 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 12 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...