Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/6/14 at 10:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Indochino suits? - Page 184post #2747 of 327811/2/12 at 9:31pmpost #2748 of 327811/8/12 at 5:40pm
Has anyone requested a Skinny fitting suit from Indochino and gotten a good result? I went to the traveling tailor exhibition and she took my measurements having requested a very modern/skinny/tapered result. A little hesitant to order until I know whether or not they follow-through with an appropriately skinny suit.post #2749 of 327811/10/12 at 6:46pmpost #2750 of 327811/13/12 at 6:44pmpost #2751 of 327811/13/12 at 7:30pmpost #2752 of 327811/14/12 at 8:05amQuote:
When I bought my suit I asked for a specific leg opening via email and they got pretty close. You can lead them to the taper you want based on the thigh, knee and ankle measurements.post #2753 of 327811/14/12 at 8:08amQuote:
If you're convinced you don't want to wear a belt with your suit, I'd recommend that for a first suit you still get the loops; you can always have them removed later. Wear the pants around the house beltless on several days, both immediately before and after a meal. If they fit you VERY well each time, sitting at the same height (the best way to tell is either by relation to your navel or by how much break you have), then you can get those removed or get pants with no loops.post #2754 of 327811/14/12 at 8:19ampost #2755 of 327811/14/12 at 8:29amQuote:Quote:
Vent is a personal preference. You can also get side adjsuters.post #2756 of 327811/14/12 at 8:36ampost #2757 of 327811/14/12 at 10:47amQuote:Originally Posted by logikel
Has anyone requested a Skinny fitting suit from Indochino and gotten a good result? I went to the traveling tailor exhibition and she took my measurements having requested a very modern/skinny/tapered result. A little hesitant to order until I know whether or not they follow-through with an appropriately skinny suit.
lol...let me know how that turns out.post #2758 of 327811/14/12 at 7:34pmpost #2759 of 327811/14/12 at 7:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
Ok guys, I was wrong about my remake date and I still have about two days. Here are a few more pics of me in my tuxedo (I realize again the quality isn't great and I'm sorry, but it's the best I could do right now). The last picture is of me in just a t-shirt and shorts to give a good idea of what my actual build is out of the suit. The shirt is studded but I don't have studs yet so the three button areas below the collar are undone. Please ignore the shirt sleeves getting caught in the jacket sleeves in one/some of the pics.
1. Jacket: too small kind of everywhere I guess. Should definitely be a little longer, right? Just not sure how much longer. Also thinking of adding a little to the chest, and definitely a little to the waist and hips of the jacket.
2. Shirt: way too tight in the chest (even at rest with my arms by my side, the button holes for the studs at the top are pulling away). The sleeves are actually a pretty good length. The length of the body of the shirt is at least 2 inches too short, maybe more (which may be partially why it looks so bunched at my waist in the pics without the jacket....it's so short it's riding up and almost untucked I think).
3. Pants: honestly they feel like they fit me almost perfectly. I know you can't get a good look at the bottom of them in these pics, but I don't think I'll make any alteration to them (or if I do, I may just get the part below the knees tapered like a half inch).
Any help is appreciated!
I know this isn't what you were looking for, but I strongly recommend heather grey undershirts.post #2760 of 327811/16/12 at 3:21pm
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 21 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 25 minutes ago
- › Orban's - Cheap, affordable European made Goodyear Welted shoes 25 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 29 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 29 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 32 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...