Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/6/14 at 10:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Indochino suits? - Page 184
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2747 of 323811/2/12 at 9:31pmpost #2748 of 323811/8/12 at 5:40pm
Has anyone requested a Skinny fitting suit from Indochino and gotten a good result? I went to the traveling tailor exhibition and she took my measurements having requested a very modern/skinny/tapered result. A little hesitant to order until I know whether or not they follow-through with an appropriately skinny suit.post #2749 of 323811/10/12 at 6:46pmpost #2750 of 323811/13/12 at 6:44pmpost #2751 of 323811/13/12 at 7:30pmpost #2752 of 323811/14/12 at 8:05amQuote:
When I bought my suit I asked for a specific leg opening via email and they got pretty close. You can lead them to the taper you want based on the thigh, knee and ankle measurements.post #2753 of 323811/14/12 at 8:08amQuote:
If you're convinced you don't want to wear a belt with your suit, I'd recommend that for a first suit you still get the loops; you can always have them removed later. Wear the pants around the house beltless on several days, both immediately before and after a meal. If they fit you VERY well each time, sitting at the same height (the best way to tell is either by relation to your navel or by how much break you have), then you can get those removed or get pants with no loops.post #2754 of 323811/14/12 at 8:19ampost #2755 of 323811/14/12 at 8:29amQuote:Quote:
Vent is a personal preference. You can also get side adjsuters.post #2756 of 323811/14/12 at 8:36ampost #2757 of 323811/14/12 at 10:47amQuote:Originally Posted by logikel
Has anyone requested a Skinny fitting suit from Indochino and gotten a good result? I went to the traveling tailor exhibition and she took my measurements having requested a very modern/skinny/tapered result. A little hesitant to order until I know whether or not they follow-through with an appropriately skinny suit.
lol...let me know how that turns out.post #2758 of 323811/14/12 at 7:34pmpost #2759 of 323811/14/12 at 7:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
Ok guys, I was wrong about my remake date and I still have about two days. Here are a few more pics of me in my tuxedo (I realize again the quality isn't great and I'm sorry, but it's the best I could do right now). The last picture is of me in just a t-shirt and shorts to give a good idea of what my actual build is out of the suit. The shirt is studded but I don't have studs yet so the three button areas below the collar are undone. Please ignore the shirt sleeves getting caught in the jacket sleeves in one/some of the pics.
1. Jacket: too small kind of everywhere I guess. Should definitely be a little longer, right? Just not sure how much longer. Also thinking of adding a little to the chest, and definitely a little to the waist and hips of the jacket.
2. Shirt: way too tight in the chest (even at rest with my arms by my side, the button holes for the studs at the top are pulling away). The sleeves are actually a pretty good length. The length of the body of the shirt is at least 2 inches too short, maybe more (which may be partially why it looks so bunched at my waist in the pics without the jacket....it's so short it's riding up and almost untucked I think).
3. Pants: honestly they feel like they fit me almost perfectly. I know you can't get a good look at the bottom of them in these pics, but I don't think I'll make any alteration to them (or if I do, I may just get the part below the knees tapered like a half inch).
Any help is appreciated!
I know this isn't what you were looking for, but I strongly recommend heather grey undershirts.post #2760 of 323811/16/12 at 3:21pm
- Indochino suits?
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 7 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 10 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 13 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Nori Green Walt Size 32 13 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015