or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Indochino suits?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Indochino suits? - Page 174

post #2596 of 3213
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove7410 View Post

Actually, there are many great fitting suits such as my own.  As with most products, only the ones who have something to complain about do the posting.  Read my posts; first suit --- trash used to dial it in.  Second suit --- good fit.  I think there's nothing left to adjust, but I'm still going back to my tailor sometime this week to have them take a look at the remake.  

there are a few well fitting suits. most people posting in this thread either a) have no idea if they look good or not and are seeking an answer.

the remainder b) look horrendous and are seeking confirmation 3) posting to claim a great fit, sometime this is the case, sometimes not. (curiously, these people seem to have very low post counts.)
post #2597 of 3213
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post

After 172 pages of reports on badly fitting suits, you will need more than luck to get anything that fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

Uh, there are 52 pages. Fix your settings.

Eh, I see 174.
post #2598 of 3213
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftvier View Post

Eh, I see 174.

174 is on the default 15 post/page.
post #2599 of 3213
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyd View Post

As measured at the Chicago Traveling Tailor event. I didn't give guidance, let them do their thing. I also didn't press, obviously- this is straight out of the box.
7988296592_ca6701abca_n.jpg
shirt04 by jefferytailor, on Flickr
7988296620_d148d95215_n.jpg
shirt03 by jefferytailor, on Flickr
7988296660_8a08a4a61f_n.jpg
pant10 by jefferytailor, on Flickr
7988290695_2f2b9aa7e5_n.jpg
pant07 by jefferytailor, on Flickr
7988296730_11c8c87285_n.jpg
pant06 by jefferytailor, on Flickr
7988296828_fee290bd51_n.jpg
jacket12 by jefferytailor, on Flickr
7988296796_57b3c93351_n.jpg
jacket13 by jefferytailor, on Flickr


I noticed everyone in here was too busy focusing on the negative comments they totally overlooked your post. I think your suit is probably the best I've seen in this thread and finally sheds some hope that it is indeed possible to get a well fitting suit from Indochino. Nice!

post #2600 of 3213
They're in San Francisco for the next couple days. I'm wondering if it's something to take a look at. I've been hearing such good things about Suit Supply, but mixed feelings on Indochino, so it's making me wonder.

Anyone else going to the San Francisco event?
post #2601 of 3213

Could someone please critique the fit of my suit? I took it to the tailor and they said the suit was fine but the pants needed to be takein in 2 inches and the length of the pants shorten by 2 inches. The crotch area also need to be let out but he said there was nothing inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfan22 View Post

Sorry for the bad pics from my previous post. Any thoughts? I think the pants are too long and the waist needs to be adjusted. My 34 belt is too short for the pants.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #2602 of 3213
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyObviously View Post

I'll be going to the traveling tailor event in SF on SAT.  I'm deciding between the Essential Navy and the Sharkskin.

 

Despite the negative reviews ITT, I think I'll give it a shot.  The price is right, and I don't mind going through a remake/getting refund if necessary.  I also have a large drop which makes OTR tough.

 

I'll be sure to remember the advice wrt armholes.  I can certainly understand how raising them allows for a slimmer fit without movement restriction.

 

Good luck with the traveling tailor. Hopefully, they used Chicago as a learning experience. I have a large drop too, and somehow my "made to measure" pants were aver 6 inches too big. How the heck could that happen when they had an employee take my measurements? I'm telling you Mikey, the suit that they shipped me fit EXACTLY like the trial suit that they have you try on during the measurements. You'll see what I mean. They didn't adjust a thing. I'm a pretty patient guy too, but when I saw that, I lost it.

post #2603 of 3213
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrb View Post


there are a few well fitting suits. most people posting in this thread either a) have no idea if they look good or not and are seeking an answer.
the remainder b) look horrendous and are seeking confirmation 3) posting to claim a great fit, sometime this is the case, sometimes not. (curiously, these people seem to have very low post counts.)

 

 

I hear you. I've only seen 2 or 3 suits here that looked good. Most of them are either breath-takingly bad or no better than a basic otr suit with the waist and hem adjusted.

post #2604 of 3213
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post


I hear you. I've only seen 2 or 3 suits here that looked good. Most of them are either breath-takingly bad or no better than a basic otr suit with the waist and hem adjusted.

Which does this fall under? 2nd suit from Indochino. I have shoulders that need a size 42 jacket. 38" chest. 30" waist. 6'1.

uWB1i.jpg
post #2605 of 3213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. B. Bear View Post


Which does this fall under? 2nd suit from Indochino. I have shoulders that need a size 42 jacket. 38" chest. 30" waist. 6'1.
 

 

 

It looks pretty solid IMO. It's a lot better than 90+ percent of what I see in real life. The two DB suits that I've seen have looked really good....coincidence? Maybe...I think this suit would fit in with the few that I said look good. The one that I received was devastating. I went to the Traveling Tailor in Chicago, but the fit of my suit was shockingly inaccurate. The pants waist was over 6 inches too big, and one lapel was noticeably bigger than the other. I think that says enough.

post #2606 of 3213

I too am considering giving their traveling tailor a shot (san francisco).  The experience of the gentlemen from Chicago earlier sounds atypical...as of something went wrong from the measurement input/order process.  I can't imagine a majority of customers receiving those boxy trial suits (that would be horrible!).

 

My limited research shows IndoChino has a "hybrid"/closer to half-canvassed construction.  Can anybody comment on what they think of the construction?  For $400+, I'm hoping to upgrade from the "fused crap from Macys"

post #2607 of 3213
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post


My limited research shows IndoChino has a "hybrid"/closer to half-canvassed construction.  Can anybody comment on what they think of the construction?  For $400+, I'm hoping to upgrade from the "fused crap from Macys"

It is a proper half-canvas construction, the armholes are hand-finished and the collar is well-constructed and attached which is a good sign. I'm going to have a closer look soon, but it is definitely a step up from a typical fused garment.
post #2608 of 3213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. B. Bear View Post

Which does this fall under? 2nd suit from Indochino. I have shoulders that need a size 42 jacket. 38" chest. 30" waist. 6'1.
uWB1i.jpg

Looks good. But then your dimensions are going to look good, especially in a DB.

I'm 6' 2", 180lbs, 42/44 jacket (depending on cut etc.) 34 trousers. Can pretty much wear anything OTR in SB suits and look good, no alterations. I'm Lucky.
I'm carrying a bit too much tummy for me to crush the DB look...

I think people are expecting too much from MTM unless they are reasonably "average" and hit that sweet spot.
Even in good bespoke, if your proportions aren't great (genetics baby!) then you have to accept you aren't going to be gracing any runways anytime soon...At best it will compensate for some of your anomalies.
post #2609 of 3213

Hey all,

 

I'm about to order my first Indochino suit and was hoping for some tips on the measuring process.

 

From what I have seen on blog posts and in this thread, many suits arrive from Indochino big in the shoulders, chest, hips, with issues with jacket length, button stance, and low armholes.  

 

Is it worth trying to 'game the system' and take an .5-1 inch off of certain measurements.  I plan on having to get a remake, but I think it's worth trying to dial in the fit from the factory.  

 

Thanks for the help.  I'm just an Army officer that wears sloppy fitting uniforms with velcro and zippers everyday, so my mistake if my ordering strategy does not make sense.  

post #2610 of 3213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrasonic View Post

Looks good. But then your dimensions are going to look good, especially in a DB.
I'm 6' 2", 180lbs, 42/44 jacket (depending on cut etc.) 34 trousers. Can pretty much wear anything OTR in SB suits and look good, no alterations. I'm Lucky.
I'm carrying a bit too much tummy for me to crush the DB look...
I think people are expecting too much from MTM unless they are reasonably "average" and hit that sweet spot.
Even in good bespoke, if your proportions aren't great (genetics baby!) then you have to accept you aren't going to be gracing any runways anytime soon...At best it will compensate for some of your anomalies.

Hi five for god-tier genetics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaco tan lines View Post

Hey all,

I'm about to order my first Indochino suit and was hoping for some tips on the measuring process.

From what I have seen on blog posts and in this thread, many suits arrive from Indochino big in the shoulders, chest, hips, with issues with jacket length, button stance, and low armholes.  

Is it worth trying to 'game the system' and take an .5-1 inch off of certain measurements.  I plan on having to get a remake, but I think it's worth trying to dial in the fit from the factory.  

Thanks for the help.  I'm just an Army officer that wears sloppy fitting uniforms with velcro and zippers everyday, so my mistake if my ordering strategy does not make sense.  

I always take .75" off the shoulder measurement. Other than that I make sure to measure exactly how they show in the video (pulling the tape a little tight). IIRC they add 3.5" to your chest measurement so keep that it in mind.

For jacket length just take your height, in inches, divide by 2 then take 4.

Example; Bob is 72 inches. 72/2 = 36. 36-4 = 32. Bob's jacket length should be 32". 31.5" at the shortest.

After you order send them an email asking for lower button stance by an inch and higher armholes (don't need to give a measurement).

That's what has worked for me so far but maybe I've just been lucky?
Edited by Prof. B. Bear - 9/20/12 at 1:57am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Indochino suits?