Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/6/14 at 10:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Indochino suits? - Page 172post #2567 of 32599/13/12 at 12:56pmpost #2568 of 32599/13/12 at 12:58pmGentlemen, Indochino is coming to San Francisco next week with a temporary pop-up shop for their travelling tailors.
I have been reading the thread, and have seen many hits and misses. Any feedback on what the experience has been like when you use their tailors to take measurements? I'd suspect the odds of getting a better fit increase when they take the measurements and you can speak directly with a tailor or rep. What do you think?
Any other landmines to avoid? Thanks in advance...
AHSpost #2569 of 32599/13/12 at 1:42pmpost #2570 of 32599/13/12 at 2:28pmpost #2571 of 32599/13/12 at 5:19pm
Hey guys, my first Indochino suit, the Essential Black, just arrived!
At first glance I was pretty happy with what I was seeing. The fabric seems nice, given that it's relatively cheap, although I'm pretty new to the whole thing and haven't held or seen up close a $1000+ suit...
The shirt I got seems pretty nice too, a good fit, though a tiny bit loose in the sleeves and lower back, it seems comfortable.
After trying the suit on, I was reasonably impressed with the results. I've never worn anything custom tailored before, so obviously there was already an improvement. The pants seem like a nice fit, though a bit snug. I'm probably just caught off guard by something that's different than the standard sized OTR pants, but the rear/crotch area seems a bit... form fitting. And the knees seem to be cutting it close. They look quite good though.
Now, the jacket. It feels nice to wear. It seems like it's maybe a little long, and the shoulders are about ¾" too big on each side(maybe 1", but I don't want to overdo it).
The sleeves seem like the perfect length for me, which is nice. I like the position of the buttons, probably because I've only had 3 button jackets before. I think you guys will say they're too high, but I don't like too big/low/wide of a chest opening. Strangely, the lapels seem like they're slim, though I ordered regular. I can't tell if it's a negative though because they look nice I think.
I think the back and chest are a little too big, but I can't really tell if it's just one or the other or both. The waist can maybe come in a hair, probably more importantly if the chest is going in, though I don't know if it should be too tight.
So, here are a few pictures. Sorry for the terrible quality, I had the worst lighting here.
So, it's still quite wrinkled, just out of the box, but it definitely seems to have that sleeve pitch problem mentioned earlier. And like I said before the shoulders could come in about ¾ of an inch on each side. Maybe more? I don't want them to be super small though.
Not sure if the upper back weirdness is because of how wrinkled it is, or because the back is too big... probably both?
Pants look like they could maybe be ½"-1" shorter, and the jacket seems like it should be about an inch shorter.
And just for reference, I'm about 6'1".
I'd love to hear what you all think and suggest!
For the remake, does it have to be sent in within 14 days, or just requested by then? It arrived today, do I need to ship it by the 27th?
Also... I'm vaguely familiar with pockets being sewn shut, but I assumed it would be loose stitching, though it seems to be very tight stitching like on the rest of the suit, what do I do to make the pockets usable?post #2572 of 32599/13/12 at 7:35pmpost #2573 of 32599/13/12 at 7:36pm
In the spirit of sharing, here is my remake request.
Jacket/Shirt Length 27.75″ Edit Chest Size 40.5″ -1.5″ Stomach Size 36.5″ -1″ Jacket Hips 38.75″ -1″ Shoulder Size 17.25″ -1″ Sleeve Length 23.25″ -0.5″ Bicep Size 14.5″ -1″ Wrist Size 10.75″ Edit Pants Length 39″ -0.5″ Waist 32.5″ -0.5″ Crotch 24″ Edit Pants Hips 38″ -0.5″ Thigh Size 24.25″ Edit Knee Size 17″ Edit Shirt Neck 15″ -0.75″ Jacket/Shirt Length 28.25″ -0.75″ Chest Size 40.75″ -0.25″ Stomach Size 36.5″ -0.5″ Jacket Hips 38.75″ -0.5″ Shoulder Size 17.25″ -1″ Sleeve Length 23.75″ -0.25″ Bicep Size 14.5″ -1.5″ Wrist Size 8.75″ Edit
My wife measured me following the video exactly.post #2574 of 32599/13/12 at 9:41pmQuote:
Jacket length is fine. As you said there is a sleeve pitch issue. The upper back wrinkling could be due to excess material but is fairly easily fixed. Shoulders are a tad wide but apart from that it's not bad at all.post #2575 of 32599/14/12 at 11:44ampost #2576 of 32599/14/12 at 3:55pmpost #2577 of 32599/14/12 at 7:10pmpost #2578 of 32599/14/12 at 8:32pmpost #2579 of 32599/14/12 at 8:41pmpost #2580 of 32599/14/12 at 9:26pmQuote:
A lot of the suits look pretty decent after the remakes. Certainly better than most OTRs, especially from a place like MW. On a forum where pictures of bespoke suits are thrown around routinely, it's easy to lose perspective on how the peasants live and dress.
If you want an example of what happens when the average American heads to MW, go check out the "new American wedding suit" thread.
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and... 1 second ago
- › Crownhill Shoes The Stewart, Dark Brown, UK10 35 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet - Sport Coats - Suit - Trousers - 40/34 & 33 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 6 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 7 minutes ago
- › Buday Oxblood Shell Cordovan Budapesters Short Wings ~11.5/12D 7 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 8 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts