Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/6/14 at 10:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Clothes and Perception Last post on 2/24/15 at 1:08pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Indochino suits? - Page 172
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2567 of 32279/13/12 at 12:56pmpost #2568 of 32279/13/12 at 12:58pmGentlemen, Indochino is coming to San Francisco next week with a temporary pop-up shop for their travelling tailors.
I have been reading the thread, and have seen many hits and misses. Any feedback on what the experience has been like when you use their tailors to take measurements? I'd suspect the odds of getting a better fit increase when they take the measurements and you can speak directly with a tailor or rep. What do you think?
Any other landmines to avoid? Thanks in advance...
AHSpost #2569 of 32279/13/12 at 1:42pmpost #2570 of 32279/13/12 at 2:28pmpost #2571 of 32279/13/12 at 5:19pm
Hey guys, my first Indochino suit, the Essential Black, just arrived!
At first glance I was pretty happy with what I was seeing. The fabric seems nice, given that it's relatively cheap, although I'm pretty new to the whole thing and haven't held or seen up close a $1000+ suit...
The shirt I got seems pretty nice too, a good fit, though a tiny bit loose in the sleeves and lower back, it seems comfortable.
After trying the suit on, I was reasonably impressed with the results. I've never worn anything custom tailored before, so obviously there was already an improvement. The pants seem like a nice fit, though a bit snug. I'm probably just caught off guard by something that's different than the standard sized OTR pants, but the rear/crotch area seems a bit... form fitting. And the knees seem to be cutting it close. They look quite good though.
Now, the jacket. It feels nice to wear. It seems like it's maybe a little long, and the shoulders are about ¾" too big on each side(maybe 1", but I don't want to overdo it).
The sleeves seem like the perfect length for me, which is nice. I like the position of the buttons, probably because I've only had 3 button jackets before. I think you guys will say they're too high, but I don't like too big/low/wide of a chest opening. Strangely, the lapels seem like they're slim, though I ordered regular. I can't tell if it's a negative though because they look nice I think.
I think the back and chest are a little too big, but I can't really tell if it's just one or the other or both. The waist can maybe come in a hair, probably more importantly if the chest is going in, though I don't know if it should be too tight.
So, here are a few pictures. Sorry for the terrible quality, I had the worst lighting here.
So, it's still quite wrinkled, just out of the box, but it definitely seems to have that sleeve pitch problem mentioned earlier. And like I said before the shoulders could come in about ¾ of an inch on each side. Maybe more? I don't want them to be super small though.
Not sure if the upper back weirdness is because of how wrinkled it is, or because the back is too big... probably both?
Pants look like they could maybe be ½"-1" shorter, and the jacket seems like it should be about an inch shorter.
And just for reference, I'm about 6'1".
I'd love to hear what you all think and suggest!
For the remake, does it have to be sent in within 14 days, or just requested by then? It arrived today, do I need to ship it by the 27th?
Also... I'm vaguely familiar with pockets being sewn shut, but I assumed it would be loose stitching, though it seems to be very tight stitching like on the rest of the suit, what do I do to make the pockets usable?post #2572 of 32279/13/12 at 7:35pmpost #2573 of 32279/13/12 at 7:36pm
In the spirit of sharing, here is my remake request.
Jacket/Shirt Length 27.75″ Edit Chest Size 40.5″ -1.5″ Stomach Size 36.5″ -1″ Jacket Hips 38.75″ -1″ Shoulder Size 17.25″ -1″ Sleeve Length 23.25″ -0.5″ Bicep Size 14.5″ -1″ Wrist Size 10.75″ Edit Pants Length 39″ -0.5″ Waist 32.5″ -0.5″ Crotch 24″ Edit Pants Hips 38″ -0.5″ Thigh Size 24.25″ Edit Knee Size 17″ Edit Shirt Neck 15″ -0.75″ Jacket/Shirt Length 28.25″ -0.75″ Chest Size 40.75″ -0.25″ Stomach Size 36.5″ -0.5″ Jacket Hips 38.75″ -0.5″ Shoulder Size 17.25″ -1″ Sleeve Length 23.75″ -0.25″ Bicep Size 14.5″ -1.5″ Wrist Size 8.75″ Edit
My wife measured me following the video exactly.post #2574 of 32279/13/12 at 9:41pmQuote:
Jacket length is fine. As you said there is a sleeve pitch issue. The upper back wrinkling could be due to excess material but is fairly easily fixed. Shoulders are a tad wide but apart from that it's not bad at all.post #2575 of 32279/14/12 at 11:44ampost #2576 of 32279/14/12 at 3:55pmpost #2577 of 32279/14/12 at 7:10pmpost #2578 of 32279/14/12 at 8:32pmpost #2579 of 32279/14/12 at 8:41pmpost #2580 of 32279/14/12 at 9:26pmQuote:
A lot of the suits look pretty decent after the remakes. Certainly better than most OTRs, especially from a place like MW. On a forum where pictures of bespoke suits are thrown around routinely, it's easy to lose perspective on how the peasants live and dress.
If you want an example of what happens when the average American heads to MW, go check out the "new American wedding suit" thread.
- Indochino suits?
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 38 seconds ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › Shoes for a tuxedo: Florsheim Kingston or AE Carlyle plain-toe... 7 minutes ago
- › German Army Trainers Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 18 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan