Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/7/12 at 2:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Learning to dress business-casually in London Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:03pm in Classic Menswear
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Indochino suits? - Page 172
I have been reading the thread, and have seen many hits and misses. Any feedback on what the experience has been like when you use their tailors to take measurements? I'd suspect the odds of getting a better fit increase when they take the measurements and you can speak directly with a tailor or rep. What do you think?
Any other landmines to avoid? Thanks in advance...
Hey guys, my first Indochino suit, the Essential Black, just arrived!
At first glance I was pretty happy with what I was seeing. The fabric seems nice, given that it's relatively cheap, although I'm pretty new to the whole thing and haven't held or seen up close a $1000+ suit...
The shirt I got seems pretty nice too, a good fit, though a tiny bit loose in the sleeves and lower back, it seems comfortable.
After trying the suit on, I was reasonably impressed with the results. I've never worn anything custom tailored before, so obviously there was already an improvement. The pants seem like a nice fit, though a bit snug. I'm probably just caught off guard by something that's different than the standard sized OTR pants, but the rear/crotch area seems a bit... form fitting. And the knees seem to be cutting it close. They look quite good though.
Now, the jacket. It feels nice to wear. It seems like it's maybe a little long, and the shoulders are about ¾" too big on each side(maybe 1", but I don't want to overdo it).
The sleeves seem like the perfect length for me, which is nice. I like the position of the buttons, probably because I've only had 3 button jackets before. I think you guys will say they're too high, but I don't like too big/low/wide of a chest opening. Strangely, the lapels seem like they're slim, though I ordered regular. I can't tell if it's a negative though because they look nice I think.
I think the back and chest are a little too big, but I can't really tell if it's just one or the other or both. The waist can maybe come in a hair, probably more importantly if the chest is going in, though I don't know if it should be too tight.
So, here are a few pictures. Sorry for the terrible quality, I had the worst lighting here.
So, it's still quite wrinkled, just out of the box, but it definitely seems to have that sleeve pitch problem mentioned earlier. And like I said before the shoulders could come in about ¾ of an inch on each side. Maybe more? I don't want them to be super small though.
Not sure if the upper back weirdness is because of how wrinkled it is, or because the back is too big... probably both?
Pants look like they could maybe be ½"-1" shorter, and the jacket seems like it should be about an inch shorter.
And just for reference, I'm about 6'1".
I'd love to hear what you all think and suggest!
For the remake, does it have to be sent in within 14 days, or just requested by then? It arrived today, do I need to ship it by the 27th?
Also... I'm vaguely familiar with pockets being sewn shut, but I assumed it would be loose stitching, though it seems to be very tight stitching like on the rest of the suit, what do I do to make the pockets usable?
In the spirit of sharing, here is my remake request.
My wife measured me following the video exactly.
Jacket length is fine. As you said there is a sleeve pitch issue. The upper back wrinkling could be due to excess material but is fairly easily fixed. Shoulders are a tad wide but apart from that it's not bad at all.
A lot of the suits look pretty decent after the remakes. Certainly better than most OTRs, especially from a place like MW. On a forum where pictures of bespoke suits are thrown around routinely, it's easy to lose perspective on how the peasants live and dress.
If you want an example of what happens when the average American heads to MW, go check out the "new American wedding suit" thread.
- Indochino suits?
Styles mentioned in this thread:
- › Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread 12 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The UK/EU tie swap box rises from the Ashes - Reborn Stateside 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw