Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/6/14 at 10:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Indochino suits? - Page 172post #2567 of 32839/13/12 at 12:56pmpost #2568 of 32839/13/12 at 12:58pmGentlemen, Indochino is coming to San Francisco next week with a temporary pop-up shop for their travelling tailors.
I have been reading the thread, and have seen many hits and misses. Any feedback on what the experience has been like when you use their tailors to take measurements? I'd suspect the odds of getting a better fit increase when they take the measurements and you can speak directly with a tailor or rep. What do you think?
Any other landmines to avoid? Thanks in advance...
AHSpost #2569 of 32839/13/12 at 1:42pmpost #2570 of 32839/13/12 at 2:28pmpost #2571 of 32839/13/12 at 5:19pm
Hey guys, my first Indochino suit, the Essential Black, just arrived!
At first glance I was pretty happy with what I was seeing. The fabric seems nice, given that it's relatively cheap, although I'm pretty new to the whole thing and haven't held or seen up close a $1000+ suit...
The shirt I got seems pretty nice too, a good fit, though a tiny bit loose in the sleeves and lower back, it seems comfortable.
After trying the suit on, I was reasonably impressed with the results. I've never worn anything custom tailored before, so obviously there was already an improvement. The pants seem like a nice fit, though a bit snug. I'm probably just caught off guard by something that's different than the standard sized OTR pants, but the rear/crotch area seems a bit... form fitting. And the knees seem to be cutting it close. They look quite good though.
Now, the jacket. It feels nice to wear. It seems like it's maybe a little long, and the shoulders are about ¾" too big on each side(maybe 1", but I don't want to overdo it).
The sleeves seem like the perfect length for me, which is nice. I like the position of the buttons, probably because I've only had 3 button jackets before. I think you guys will say they're too high, but I don't like too big/low/wide of a chest opening. Strangely, the lapels seem like they're slim, though I ordered regular. I can't tell if it's a negative though because they look nice I think.
I think the back and chest are a little too big, but I can't really tell if it's just one or the other or both. The waist can maybe come in a hair, probably more importantly if the chest is going in, though I don't know if it should be too tight.
So, here are a few pictures. Sorry for the terrible quality, I had the worst lighting here.
So, it's still quite wrinkled, just out of the box, but it definitely seems to have that sleeve pitch problem mentioned earlier. And like I said before the shoulders could come in about ¾ of an inch on each side. Maybe more? I don't want them to be super small though.
Not sure if the upper back weirdness is because of how wrinkled it is, or because the back is too big... probably both?
Pants look like they could maybe be ½"-1" shorter, and the jacket seems like it should be about an inch shorter.
And just for reference, I'm about 6'1".
I'd love to hear what you all think and suggest!
For the remake, does it have to be sent in within 14 days, or just requested by then? It arrived today, do I need to ship it by the 27th?
Also... I'm vaguely familiar with pockets being sewn shut, but I assumed it would be loose stitching, though it seems to be very tight stitching like on the rest of the suit, what do I do to make the pockets usable?post #2572 of 32839/13/12 at 7:35pmpost #2573 of 32839/13/12 at 7:36pm
In the spirit of sharing, here is my remake request.
Jacket/Shirt Length 27.75″ Edit Chest Size 40.5″ -1.5″ Stomach Size 36.5″ -1″ Jacket Hips 38.75″ -1″ Shoulder Size 17.25″ -1″ Sleeve Length 23.25″ -0.5″ Bicep Size 14.5″ -1″ Wrist Size 10.75″ Edit Pants Length 39″ -0.5″ Waist 32.5″ -0.5″ Crotch 24″ Edit Pants Hips 38″ -0.5″ Thigh Size 24.25″ Edit Knee Size 17″ Edit Shirt Neck 15″ -0.75″ Jacket/Shirt Length 28.25″ -0.75″ Chest Size 40.75″ -0.25″ Stomach Size 36.5″ -0.5″ Jacket Hips 38.75″ -0.5″ Shoulder Size 17.25″ -1″ Sleeve Length 23.75″ -0.25″ Bicep Size 14.5″ -1.5″ Wrist Size 8.75″ Edit
My wife measured me following the video exactly.post #2574 of 32839/13/12 at 9:41pmQuote:
Jacket length is fine. As you said there is a sleeve pitch issue. The upper back wrinkling could be due to excess material but is fairly easily fixed. Shoulders are a tad wide but apart from that it's not bad at all.post #2575 of 32839/14/12 at 11:44ampost #2576 of 32839/14/12 at 3:55pmpost #2577 of 32839/14/12 at 7:10pmpost #2578 of 32839/14/12 at 8:32pmpost #2579 of 32839/14/12 at 8:41pmpost #2580 of 32839/14/12 at 9:26pmQuote:
A lot of the suits look pretty decent after the remakes. Certainly better than most OTRs, especially from a place like MW. On a forum where pictures of bespoke suits are thrown around routinely, it's easy to lose perspective on how the peasants live and dress.
If you want an example of what happens when the average American heads to MW, go check out the "new American wedding suit" thread.
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 8 minutes ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 18 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...