or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Indochino suits?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Indochino suits? - Page 165

post #2461 of 3208

Hey guys, I've been reading up on Indochino recently and I've seen a lot of people mentioning higher-cut armholes, and it is definitely something I'm interested in.

However, it seems like it's not an option anymore.  Is this because it's now the standard, or because it's not available?

 

How should I contact them and what should I tell them?  Also, are there any other common modifications that I should request that aren't listed?


Edited by DevonM - 8/20/12 at 6:45pm

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #2462 of 3208
I emailed them right after I placed my order to say I want high armholes and to lower the button stance. Don't know how both will turn out though.
post #2463 of 3208

 

 

Hi all, I've been a lurker on this forum for a little while since I ordered my suit from indochino. I've been reading a lot of posts and you all have good insights on indochino suits or suits in general. So I got my suit last week and was only able to try it on yesterday since I was away on business. I am wondering if you all can give me some critique on my suit. To me it seem ok maybe the shoulder is a little wide. But the biggest problem with my suit is that they messed up my pants. They are at least 3 inches too long according to my measurement and a half inch too wide on the waist. Do you guys suggest that I have them redo the pants? I mean 3 inches is a lot and it seems to make my knee area a little wide since it is 3 inches longer. Also I thought the pants would had been slimmer fit but the dont seem like it. Any suggestion on how to do that? Also do you guys think the suit is slim enough too? Thanks in advance

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #2464 of 3208

Hi all, I've been lurking in this thread for a while, well since I put in my order to indochino for a suit. You guys are very knowledgeable in indochino suits or just suits in general. So I just received the suit last week but haven't had a chance to try it on till yesterday because I was away on business.  I would like to ask for your expert critique on my suit. I think it seems ok but the shoulders to me seems a bit wide and there seems to be some extra padding making the shoulder edge pop up a little. I wanted a slim suit but I do not know if it is slim enough, what do you guys think? The biggest disappointment about the suit is not the jacket but the pants. They are 3 inches too long and the waist is half an inch too wide. My girlfriend made all my measurement according to the video instruction, so I do not think it was my error to begin with. Do you guys think I should have them remake the pants? Being 3 inches longer than I specified the knees seems to be wider too so if I have it tailor 3 inches shorter will it look ok? I was thinking the pants would be in slim fit but I don't think its slim enough, any suggestion on making it slimmer? Thanks in advance.

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by iskyi - 8/21/12 at 2:06pm
post #2465 of 3208
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonM View Post

Hey guys, I've been reading up on Indochino recently and I've seen a lot of people mentioning higher-cut armholes, and it is definitely something I'm interested in.

However, it seems like it's not an option anymore.  Is this because it's now the standard, or because it's not available?

 

How should I contact them and what should I tell them?  Also, are there any other common modifications that I should request that aren't listed?

 

 

Email the concierge.  I asked for high armholes the first time around, and they ignored it.  The armhole I got is the standard 9.5"-ish, and they eventually told me they can take off 1.5" in the remake.  I also asked to remove most of the shoulder padding, and the shoulders look weird and boxy, especially when lifting the arms.  If you want a skinny fit in the arms and shoulders, you really have to beg, apparently!  

post #2466 of 3208
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskyi View Post

Hi all, I've been lurking in this thread for a while, well since I put in my order to indochino for a suit. You guys are very knowledgeable in indochino suits or just suits in general. So I just received the suit last week but haven't had a chance to try it on till yesterday because I was away on business.  I would like to ask for your expert critique on my suit. I think it seems ok but the shoulders to me seems a bit wide and there seems to be some extra padding making the shoulder edge pop up a little. I wanted a slim suit but I do not know if it is slim enough, what do you guys think? The biggest disappointment about the suit is not the jacket but the pants. They are 3 inches too long and the waist is half an inch too wide. My girlfriend made all my measurement according to the video instruction, so I do not think it was my error to begin with. Do you guys think I should have them remake the pants? Being 3 inches longer than I specified the knees seems to be wider too so if I have it tailor 3 inches shorter will it look ok? I was thinking the pants would be in slim fit but I don't think its slim enough, any suggestion on making it slimmer? Thanks in advance.









Bad new: the shoulders are definitely to wide. And it will require a remake, most bespoke suit makers would suggest it over recutting the suit shoulders.
Good news: it looks like everything else is pretty well fitted.

If you like. And if your body type will allow I would get it tappered a little more. But I would have a local tailor do that as indochino seems to do tapering much different that most people like.
Edited by jbernard - 8/21/12 at 5:56pm
post #2467 of 3208

How much do you think I should take off ? .5 inch from each side of the shoulder? Also I just checked indochino for the alteration/ remake form so I decided to double check my measurement and I was shock to see that they did not use most of my measurement. They were all inflated....like my chest was made ti 42 when I put in 38 and no wonder why my pants were too long because they made it 3 inch longer. Is this suppose to happen? They take your measurements that  you give them and add like 3 inches to them?

post #2468 of 3208
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskyi View Post

How much do you think I should take off ? .5 inch from each side of the shoulder? Also I just checked indochino for the alteration/ remake form so I decided to double check my measurement and I was shock to see that they did not use most of my measurement. They were all inflated....like my chest was made ti 42 when I put in 38 and no wonder why my pants were too long because they made it 3 inch longer. Is this suppose to happen? They take your measurements that  you give them and add like 3 inches to them?

 

 

You're comparing the body measurements you input to the garment measurements they translate those into.  They should be a little bigger, but you are correct - they over-inflate them.  I had to have a full inch taken off the chest in my remake.  It would probably be better to just let the customers input garment measurements from the beginning.

post #2469 of 3208
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeasureOfMan View Post

 

 

Email the concierge.  I asked for high armholes the first time around, and they ignored it.  The armhole I got is the standard 9.5"-ish, and they eventually told me they can take off 1.5" in the remake.  I also asked to remove most of the shoulder padding, and the shoulders look weird and boxy, especially when lifting the arms.  If you want a skinny fit in the arms and shoulders, you really have to beg, apparently!  

 

Yikes! baldy[1].gif 

post #2470 of 3208
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskyi View Post

How much do you think I should take off ? .5 inch from each side of the shoulder? Also I just checked indochino for the alteration/ remake form so I decided to double check my measurement and I was shock to see that they did not use most of my measurement. They were all inflated....like my chest was made ti 42 when I put in 38 and no wonder why my pants were too long because they made it 3 inch longer. Is this suppose to happen? They take your measurements that  you give them and add like 3 inches to them?

 

Probably 1/2" on the shoulders. Indochino did the same thing with the suit I bought from them. Excent much worse, my shoulder measurement went from 19.5 to 21.5... It's very annoying. They do make it bigger because of body vs. garment size, but there is no way if you are a 38" chest it should be a 42" suit chest. Maybe a 40" But 4 inches is a lot! It's the difference between a slim fit italian suit and a traditional american suit. I think they do garment sizes because when you go get measured for a bespoke suit you are suppose to bring you best fitting suit. They then take both your body measurements and the suit measurements and decide what is best for you. The problem it seems with Indochino is they seem a little incompetent in this area.

 

If you are happy with everything but the shoulders of the suit, you should make sure to tell their customer service you want the exact same jacket measurements just a better shoulder.

post #2471 of 3208
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbernard View Post

 

Probably 1/2" on the shoulders. Indochino did the same thing with the suit I bought from them. Excent much worse, my shoulder measurement went from 19.5 to 21.5... It's very annoying. They do make it bigger because of body vs. garment size, but there is no way if you are a 38" chest it should be a 42" suit chest. Maybe a 40" But 4 inches is a lot! It's the difference between a slim fit italian suit and a traditional american suit. I think they do garment sizes because when you go get measured for a bespoke suit you are suppose to bring you best fitting suit. They then take both your body measurements and the suit measurements and decide what is best for you. The problem it seems with Indochino is they seem a little incompetent in this area.

 

If you are happy with everything but the shoulders of the suit, you should make sure to tell their customer service you want the exact same jacket measurements just a better shoulder.

 

 

 

I was thinking off 3/4" off the shoulder, what do you think? Since I measure it to be 17 and they gave me 18. Also I want a slimmer jacket so I was thinking of decreasing the chest from their 42 to 39 or 39.5. Stomach from 38 to 37 since I gave them 36 ( this was with room to spare, I used their 1 finger extra method) Do you think the sleeve length is good? The shirt they sent me was 1/2" too long so I was going to decrease the shirt sleeve by 1/4 or 1/2" and jacket sleeve by 1/4". Also I think the wrist is a little too wide so I might decrease it by 1/2" and decrease the jacket hip by 1/4 - 1/2"

 

The pants needs to be completely remade too don't you think? They made it 3 inches too long . Also I want a slimmer look on the pants, what do you think of the following measurements: decreasing thigh and knee by 3/4" and waist was a little too wide so by 1/4 or 1/2". I don't mind taking it to a tailor to take the 3 inches but I am worry that the knees will look weird afterwards, any thoughts on this?

 

Any insight would be great because I will be contacting them tonight for the remake. The end product is bit of a disappointment because I want to use this suit for interviews since I am in the process of looking for a new job. Do you know if you have to sent the suit you have now back right away after you request for the remake? Or do you send it in after you received the remake? 

 

Thanks Again. 

post #2472 of 3208
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeasureOfMan View Post

 

 

You're comparing the body measurements you input to the garment measurements they translate those into.  They should be a little bigger, but you are correct - they over-inflate them.  I had to have a full inch taken off the chest in my remake.  It would probably be better to just let the customers input garment measurements from the beginning.

 

 

I know they way over inflated my measurements , especially in my pants cause I mean really do I need an extra 3 inches

post #2473 of 3208
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskyi View Post

 

 

 

I was thinking off 3/4" off the shoulder, what do you think? Since I measure it to be 17 and they gave me 18. Also I want a slimmer jacket so I was thinking of decreasing the chest from their 42 to 39 or 39.5. Stomach from 38 to 37 since I gave them 36 ( this was with room to spare, I used their 1 finger extra method) Do you think the sleeve length is good? The shirt they sent me was 1/2" too long so I was going to decrease the shirt sleeve by 1/4 or 1/2" and jacket sleeve by 1/4". Also I think the wrist is a little too wide so I might decrease it by 1/2" and decrease the jacket hip by 1/4 - 1/2"

 

The pants needs to be completely remade too don't you think? They made it 3 inches too long . Also I want a slimmer look on the pants, what do you think of the following measurements: decreasing thigh and knee by 3/4" and waist was a little too wide so by 1/4 or 1/2". I don't mind taking it to a tailor to take the 3 inches but I am worry that the knees will look weird afterwards, any thoughts on this?

 

Any insight would be great because I will be contacting them tonight for the remake. The end product is bit of a disappointment because I want to use this suit for interviews since I am in the process of looking for a new job. Do you know if you have to sent the suit you have now back right away after you request for the remake? Or do you send it in after you received the remake? 

 

Thanks Again. 

 

3/4 could be great for the shoulders before you do, measure the jacket shoulders and make sure they are actually 18" like they say on the website. And yeah just go buy how you want the jacket chest, waist, etc to fit

 

Yes they do (pants). I didn't notice before. Sorry. But the pants are way to long and the thigh (depending on how slim you want them) probably need 3/4" to 1.5" smaller. As far as I know the knees should be fine, but I do know a tailor can only taper pant legs so much with out taking the pants completely apart. 

 

It does look like the jacket sleeves are too short, there should only be about 1/4" to 1/2" tops of shirt showing. The best way to measure it (according to todays standards) are:

The shirt sleeve should go to the start of your hand. Add 1/4" to 1/2" for the wrinkles your elbow will make and make sure it fits your wrist correctly.

Jacket sleeves should be 1/4" shorter. I generally measure to my wrist bone. More towards the side closest to my hand (hopefully that makes sense).

 

As far as the measurements my rule on sleeves is too long is much better than too short. If you look at a lot of fashion and TV shows, you will actually see a lot of men don't have their shirt showing at all and their sleeve goes to the start of their hand. My interview jacket is this style because the first time the interviewer is going to see you hand is when they shake your hand. So when I have my hand stretched out it will be perfect and it will still look good when they are at rest. See pictures I attached. He even has his arms best in one, while wearing cufflinks and you cant see his shirt yet.

 

 

 

I don't know if you have to send it back before the remake. But you should email them fast. I would also make a fuss about how it is their fault making the suit bad. Especially if you KNOW that your measurement were correct. They shouldn't make you pay to ship it to china or canada when it was their fault.


Edited by jbernard - 8/22/12 at 7:29pm
post #2474 of 3208
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbernard View Post

 

3/4 could be great for the shoulders before you do, measure the jacket shoulders and make sure they are actually 18" like they say on the website. And yeah just go buy how you want the jacket chest, waist, etc to fit

 

Yes they do (pants). I didn't notice before. Sorry. But the pants are way to long and the thigh (depending on how slim you want them) probably need 3/4" to 1.5" smaller. As far as I know the knees should be fine, but I do know a tailor can only taper pant legs so much with out taking the pants completely apart. 

 

It does look like the jacket sleeves are too short, there should only be about 1/4" to 1/2" tops of shirt showing. The best way to measure it (according to todays standards) are:

The shirt sleeve should go to the start of your hand. Add 1/4" to 1/2" for the wrinkles your elbow will make and make sure it fits your wrist correctly.

Jacket sleeves should be 1/4" shorter. I generally measure to my wrist bone. More towards the side closest to my hand (hopefully that makes sense).

 

As far as the measurements my rule on sleeves is too long is much better than too short. If you look at a lot of fashion and TV shows, you will actually see a lot of men don't have their shirt showing at all and their sleeve goes to the start of their hand. My interview jacket is this style because the first time the interviewer is going to see you hand is when they shake your hand. So when I have my hand stretched out it will be perfect and it will still look good when they are at rest. See pictures I attached. He even has his arms best in one, while wearing cufflinks and you cant see his shirt yet.

 

 

 

I don't know if you have to send it back before the remake. But you should email them fast. I would also make a fuss about how it is their fault making the suit bad. Especially if you KNOW that your measurement were correct. They shouldn't make you pay to ship it to china or canada when it was their fault.

 

 

 

Thanks for the advice. I am a little confuse in when you say  "It does look like the jacket sleeves are too short, there should only be about 1/4" to 1/2" tops of shirt showing. "   Did you mean its too long ? Because later u say that it should be 1/4" shorter or did you mean that its too short compared to where the shirt is? Yea the shirt is too long it passes where my hand starts and yes I only wanted a 1/4" of the shirt to show . I think the jacket sleeve might just hit my wrist bone I will have to check again when I get home after work if it is then I will leave the jacket sleeve length unchange.

 

Did they pay for your return shipping? Yea I am going to try to sound a little frustrated on the email by saying that I am disappointed and unsatisfy with my suit and saying that its not as fitted as I expected it to be and would like a remake with the following measurement. I did some adjustment to the my measurement section of the indochino site where they show you what measurement they used and just used the edit button to adjust my sizes. Would it be better to point them to my changes or tell them everything I want on the email? My 14 days are almost up so I got to email them soon ....probably tonight or tomorrow because I want to be sure first. I should had checked sooner but I was out of state when I got the suit.

 

Thanks again


Edited by iskyi - 8/23/12 at 8:54am
post #2475 of 3208
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskyi View Post


Thanks for the advice. I am a little confuse in when you say  "It does look like the jacket sleeves are too short, there should only be about 1/4" to 1/2" tops of shirt showing. "   
Did you mean its too long ? Because later u say that it should be 1/4" shorter or did you mean that its too short compared to where the shirt is? Yea the shirt is too long it passes where my hand starts and yes I only wanted a 1/4" of the shirt to show . I think the jacket sleeve might just hit my wrist bone I will have to check again when I get home after work if it is then I will leave the jacket sleeve length unchange.


Did they pay for your return shipping? Yea I am going to try to sound a little frustrated on the email by saying that I am disappointed and unsatisfy with my suit and saying that its not as fitted as I expected it to be and would like a remake with the following measurement. I did some adjustment to the my measurement section of the indochino site where they show you what measurement they used and just used the edit button to adjust my sizes. Would it be better to point them to my changes or tell them everything I want on the email? My 14 days are almost up so I got to email them soon ....probably tonight or tomorrow because I want to be sure first. I should had checked sooner but I was out of state when I got the suit.

Thanks again

Sorry for the confusion. It looks like your suit sleeves are too short. It it hard to say how much because your shirt sleeve is too long.
Basically you want your suit sleeve length no more than 1/4 shorter then a perfect shirt sleeve length. Say my perfect shirt sleeve length is 22" I would have my suit sleeve length 21.75".
They didn't pay for my return shipping. But I returned the suit. I didn't get it remade.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Indochino suits?