anyone have a chance to go to this yet?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/7/12 at 2:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Learning to dress business-casually in London Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:03pm in Classic Menswear
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Indochino suits? - Page 138post #2056 of 320811/17/11 at 1:33ampost #2057 of 320811/17/11 at 3:00pmI went to the Pop Up shop today in Vancouver, and I got myself a fitting. I didnt have to order anything, they just told me they'd create an account for me and upload my measurements if i wasnt ready to buy on the spot. I spoke with someone who touched on this new digital cutting process and he says its made a big difference in the consistency of the fits.
they also had a stylist walk around with me and go through every option, one by one. that was nice, as with some stuff i knew what i like, with other stuff some advice was welcomed.
I think I'm gonna go back again tomorrow and get another fitting, just to compare the results. i understand that the Founders of the company are there and you can request they double check your measurmentspost #2058 of 320811/18/11 at 9:41ampost #2059 of 320811/22/11 at 12:15pmpost #2060 of 320811/22/11 at 12:27pmpost #2061 of 320811/24/11 at 1:51ampost #2062 of 320811/29/11 at 3:24pmAnyone saw the new Essential suits and care to comment on the cut/fit? I think the button stance is very high and the waist suppression is pretty significant (jacket is flaring too.). Anyone agree? See a pic below for comparison - lower button stance on their Vincero Collection, significantly higher on the new Essential suits.post #2063 of 320811/30/11 at 4:21pmI thought the exact same things LorenzL. high button-stance (which isn't necessarily bad), and pretty serious waist suppression - this definitely won't fit everybody (me included, and I'm reasonably fit).
I went to the pop-up store in Vancouver on Nov 18th, ordered a suit, shirt, tie, tie bar... wanted to see if they've finally got their act together. WIll post once it arrives.
One thing I will say in their favour though - they have 100% gaurantee, and if the suit needs altering they offer $75 for tailoring fees. Should put some minds at ease.
I like their business model, but they should do these pop-ups quarterly or so... leaving the measuring to the customer is inviting problems. IMO.post #2064 of 320812/1/11 at 5:04pm
Hi, I am a custom tailor, The back was cut too long and that is why the jacket back has wirnkles. AS well the slacks are collapsing. This should not happen if you have the right measurements and even a pattern made. And yes the cost would be much less if you look at all the wear you would get from it.post #2065 of 320812/1/11 at 5:06pmpost #2066 of 320812/1/11 at 5:13pmpost #2067 of 320812/1/11 at 5:15pmpost #2068 of 320812/3/11 at 1:43ampost #2069 of 320812/4/11 at 9:29ampost #2070 of 320812/8/11 at 5:15pmHi all,
I just received my Timeless Charcoal 3-piece suit after going to the Vancouver Pop-up Tailor event. Overall, I'm pretty happy, but this is my first 'real' suit so I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have on how to alter it for a better fit. Two things I'm noticing is that the jacket sleeves are a bit short, and the pants may be a bit long (there is slight bunching at the bottom). Not sure what is happening with the jacket just above the top button on my left side. This was straight out of the box, so the suit hasn't been pressed, vents haven't been let out, etc. Excuse the background and the pocket square (I just stuffed it in)!
Thanks in advance
- Indochino suits?
Styles mentioned in this thread:
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › TOJ TOO TIGHT? WE CAN HELP! (The Amazing ToJ Exchange Thread --... 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 11 minutes ago
- › FSoT: Seiko Skx031 Black Bay homage 13 minutes ago
- › Seiko Black Bay homage 14 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 16 minutes ago
- › The Great Cascadia Boot Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 19 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 21 minutes ago
- › Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)