it's too small in the waist and shoulders.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/6/14 at 10:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Indochino suits? - Page 135post #2012 of 32779/11/11 at 6:33ampost #2013 of 32779/12/11 at 6:35ampost #2014 of 32779/12/11 at 2:15pmIt is small in the shoulders, but that might not completely fix the upper back. You may need to let some fabric out, even on a remake (very common and easy alteration). If there is a square shoulders option and you are not using it, use it and it will also help.
agree, it is a bit small in the waist.post #2015 of 32779/13/11 at 8:32ampost #2016 of 32779/13/11 at 8:36am
Hi, I need a quick suggestion how my essential charcoal suit could be tweaked. Obivously the pants are way too wide, but what about the jacket? Should the shoulders be wider/tighter, chest tighter, stomach wider, jacket length shorter? And if so, how much? I have no clue... I know the way I stand on the photos isn't optimal. Left shirt cuff wasn't buttoned, that's why it hangs out. But I think you get the impression... Thanks a lot!post #2017 of 32779/13/11 at 9:44ampost #2018 of 32779/13/11 at 10:51ampost #2019 of 32779/13/11 at 2:56pmVulcan – I think you measured too far down your shoulder. See how it dimples under the seam? To me that means the fabric is hanging over where your arms come out.
Durban – the jacket doesn’t cover your butt, which is what a lot of people use as a traditional measuring point. If you want a younger/hipster look then it’s fine. I agree to taper the leg more. Is it too big at the waist? Looks like the whole thigh area is too big.post #2020 of 32779/13/11 at 6:53pm
I love the internet and believe eventually we'll be able to acquire damn near anything using it. Figured I would continue my exploration and ordered a MTM suit online. Would like some feedback on the jacket fit, the pants aren't great, but Indochino have already acknowledged that it needs a remake. I can't figure out what to do about the jacket. I know the bulge/wrinkles on the lower back is caused my by squatter's ass, is there anything to be done about it? Can an average tailor correct it? I look fat in the suit, but I'm not, anything to be done about that? I tried pulling it tighter at the waist, but I found my movement restricted.
I keep wanting to scream 'Hammer-Time", when I look at those pants! I know the pants look huge, but I can't sit in them without fear of the thighs splitting.
For me the greatest asset of any company is how they treat their customers after the sale, so far Indochino has been top notch. In reading the thread, it seems to me that the biggest problem with the suits (besides the fit issues) is that customers have an unrealistic expectation of what they can expect. I don't believe there that at least using current technology, i.e untrained people making measurements and sending them in, will result in a perfect fit the first time out ( I know there have been a few, but they are the exception). However I feel that if the customer goes into the process understanding the limitations of the process, they can achieve an acceptable if not perfect product.
I think the process needs to simplified so that the average person can easily convey what changes need to be made. Despite having to redo the suit, I am enjoying the process and look forward to a favourable result...if possible.post #2021 of 32779/13/11 at 9:27pmpost #2022 of 32779/13/11 at 10:03pmvulcan -
Shoulders def too big. What's your height and what are the shoulder measurements you've given IC? The jacket looks ok other than that. After three remakes how did you still end up with those way too big shoulders?
Pants look too wide in the thighs and maybe hips.
Waist is a bit too small that's why it causes all the wrinkling at the low back. Jacket hips might be a touch small. Jacket length a touch short. The shoulders look good where they meet the sleeves but something across the upper back is too tight cause the lines.
Pant hips too wide and length a bit long I think.post #2023 of 32779/14/11 at 6:40am
I'm 5'2 with a stocky build. Shoulder measurement was 16.75". The pants I'm wearing is actually the 2nd remake. I thought the same thing about the pants and took in the hips and legs by 1/2". However I found this to be too restrictive, especially when sitting down. It may just be my thick legs, but it seems to look ok when I'm moving around.post #2024 of 32779/14/11 at 7:35ampost #2025 of 32779/14/11 at 8:01am
I'm assuming that was directed at me. Here's a quick retouch and I see what you mean. Can I assume that the lowered button stance would reduce the space between my torso and the jacket, so it doesn't look like i have a gut? Secondly, what about the wrinkles in the lower back? Would increasing the waist, free up the fabric so it flows better?
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 16 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 18 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 19 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 19 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 20 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 21 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 21 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 24 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 25 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway