it's too small in the waist and shoulders.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/6/14 at 10:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Learning to dress business-casually in London Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:03pm in Classic Menswear
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Indochino suits? - Page 135
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2012 of 32139/11/11 at 6:33ampost #2013 of 32139/12/11 at 6:35ampost #2014 of 32139/12/11 at 2:15pmIt is small in the shoulders, but that might not completely fix the upper back. You may need to let some fabric out, even on a remake (very common and easy alteration). If there is a square shoulders option and you are not using it, use it and it will also help.
agree, it is a bit small in the waist.post #2015 of 32139/13/11 at 8:32ampost #2016 of 32139/13/11 at 8:36am
Hi, I need a quick suggestion how my essential charcoal suit could be tweaked. Obivously the pants are way too wide, but what about the jacket? Should the shoulders be wider/tighter, chest tighter, stomach wider, jacket length shorter? And if so, how much? I have no clue... I know the way I stand on the photos isn't optimal. Left shirt cuff wasn't buttoned, that's why it hangs out. But I think you get the impression... Thanks a lot!post #2017 of 32139/13/11 at 9:44ampost #2018 of 32139/13/11 at 10:51ampost #2019 of 32139/13/11 at 2:56pmVulcan – I think you measured too far down your shoulder. See how it dimples under the seam? To me that means the fabric is hanging over where your arms come out.
Durban – the jacket doesn’t cover your butt, which is what a lot of people use as a traditional measuring point. If you want a younger/hipster look then it’s fine. I agree to taper the leg more. Is it too big at the waist? Looks like the whole thigh area is too big.post #2020 of 32139/13/11 at 6:53pm
I love the internet and believe eventually we'll be able to acquire damn near anything using it. Figured I would continue my exploration and ordered a MTM suit online. Would like some feedback on the jacket fit, the pants aren't great, but Indochino have already acknowledged that it needs a remake. I can't figure out what to do about the jacket. I know the bulge/wrinkles on the lower back is caused my by squatter's ass, is there anything to be done about it? Can an average tailor correct it? I look fat in the suit, but I'm not, anything to be done about that? I tried pulling it tighter at the waist, but I found my movement restricted.
I keep wanting to scream 'Hammer-Time", when I look at those pants! I know the pants look huge, but I can't sit in them without fear of the thighs splitting.
For me the greatest asset of any company is how they treat their customers after the sale, so far Indochino has been top notch. In reading the thread, it seems to me that the biggest problem with the suits (besides the fit issues) is that customers have an unrealistic expectation of what they can expect. I don't believe there that at least using current technology, i.e untrained people making measurements and sending them in, will result in a perfect fit the first time out ( I know there have been a few, but they are the exception). However I feel that if the customer goes into the process understanding the limitations of the process, they can achieve an acceptable if not perfect product.
I think the process needs to simplified so that the average person can easily convey what changes need to be made. Despite having to redo the suit, I am enjoying the process and look forward to a favourable result...if possible.post #2021 of 32139/13/11 at 9:27pmpost #2022 of 32139/13/11 at 10:03pmvulcan -
Shoulders def too big. What's your height and what are the shoulder measurements you've given IC? The jacket looks ok other than that. After three remakes how did you still end up with those way too big shoulders?
Pants look too wide in the thighs and maybe hips.
Waist is a bit too small that's why it causes all the wrinkling at the low back. Jacket hips might be a touch small. Jacket length a touch short. The shoulders look good where they meet the sleeves but something across the upper back is too tight cause the lines.
Pant hips too wide and length a bit long I think.post #2023 of 32139/14/11 at 6:40am
I'm 5'2 with a stocky build. Shoulder measurement was 16.75". The pants I'm wearing is actually the 2nd remake. I thought the same thing about the pants and took in the hips and legs by 1/2". However I found this to be too restrictive, especially when sitting down. It may just be my thick legs, but it seems to look ok when I'm moving around.post #2024 of 32139/14/11 at 7:35ampost #2025 of 32139/14/11 at 8:01am
I'm assuming that was directed at me. Here's a quick retouch and I see what you mean. Can I assume that the lowered button stance would reduce the space between my torso and the jacket, so it doesn't look like i have a gut? Secondly, what about the wrinkles in the lower back? Would increasing the waist, free up the fabric so it flows better?
- Indochino suits?
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 11 seconds ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 13 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 28 seconds ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 10 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 12 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...