it's too small in the waist and shoulders.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/7/12 at 2:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 11/29/12 at 1:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Learning to dress business-casually in London Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:03pm in Classic Menswear
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Indochino suits? - Page 135
agree, it is a bit small in the waist.
Hi, I need a quick suggestion how my essential charcoal suit could be tweaked. Obivously the pants are way too wide, but what about the jacket? Should the shoulders be wider/tighter, chest tighter, stomach wider, jacket length shorter? And if so, how much? I have no clue... I know the way I stand on the photos isn't optimal. Left shirt cuff wasn't buttoned, that's why it hangs out. But I think you get the impression... Thanks a lot!
Durban – the jacket doesn’t cover your butt, which is what a lot of people use as a traditional measuring point. If you want a younger/hipster look then it’s fine. I agree to taper the leg more. Is it too big at the waist? Looks like the whole thigh area is too big.
I love the internet and believe eventually we'll be able to acquire damn near anything using it. Figured I would continue my exploration and ordered a MTM suit online. Would like some feedback on the jacket fit, the pants aren't great, but Indochino have already acknowledged that it needs a remake. I can't figure out what to do about the jacket. I know the bulge/wrinkles on the lower back is caused my by squatter's ass, is there anything to be done about it? Can an average tailor correct it? I look fat in the suit, but I'm not, anything to be done about that? I tried pulling it tighter at the waist, but I found my movement restricted.
I keep wanting to scream 'Hammer-Time", when I look at those pants! I know the pants look huge, but I can't sit in them without fear of the thighs splitting.
For me the greatest asset of any company is how they treat their customers after the sale, so far Indochino has been top notch. In reading the thread, it seems to me that the biggest problem with the suits (besides the fit issues) is that customers have an unrealistic expectation of what they can expect. I don't believe there that at least using current technology, i.e untrained people making measurements and sending them in, will result in a perfect fit the first time out ( I know there have been a few, but they are the exception). However I feel that if the customer goes into the process understanding the limitations of the process, they can achieve an acceptable if not perfect product.
I think the process needs to simplified so that the average person can easily convey what changes need to be made. Despite having to redo the suit, I am enjoying the process and look forward to a favourable result...if possible.
Shoulders def too big. What's your height and what are the shoulder measurements you've given IC? The jacket looks ok other than that. After three remakes how did you still end up with those way too big shoulders?
Pants look too wide in the thighs and maybe hips.
Waist is a bit too small that's why it causes all the wrinkling at the low back. Jacket hips might be a touch small. Jacket length a touch short. The shoulders look good where they meet the sleeves but something across the upper back is too tight cause the lines.
Pant hips too wide and length a bit long I think.
I'm 5'2 with a stocky build. Shoulder measurement was 16.75". The pants I'm wearing is actually the 2nd remake. I thought the same thing about the pants and took in the hips and legs by 1/2". However I found this to be too restrictive, especially when sitting down. It may just be my thick legs, but it seems to look ok when I'm moving around.
I'm assuming that was directed at me. Here's a quick retouch and I see what you mean. Can I assume that the lowered button stance would reduce the space between my torso and the jacket, so it doesn't look like i have a gut? Secondly, what about the wrinkles in the lower back? Would increasing the waist, free up the fabric so it flows better?
- Indochino suits?
- › Things that are pissing you off. 52 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 4 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Overlocked Tri-Panel Shorts Sz 48 6 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 8 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide 9 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear) by alyssaw
- › What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12 by skehoe