it's too small in the waist and shoulders.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/6/14 at 10:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Clothes and Perception Last post on 2/24/15 at 1:08pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on Yesterday at 8:19 pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Indochino suits? - Page 135
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2012 of 32269/11/11 at 6:33ampost #2013 of 32269/12/11 at 6:35ampost #2014 of 32269/12/11 at 2:15pmIt is small in the shoulders, but that might not completely fix the upper back. You may need to let some fabric out, even on a remake (very common and easy alteration). If there is a square shoulders option and you are not using it, use it and it will also help.
agree, it is a bit small in the waist.post #2015 of 32269/13/11 at 8:32ampost #2016 of 32269/13/11 at 8:36am
Hi, I need a quick suggestion how my essential charcoal suit could be tweaked. Obivously the pants are way too wide, but what about the jacket? Should the shoulders be wider/tighter, chest tighter, stomach wider, jacket length shorter? And if so, how much? I have no clue... I know the way I stand on the photos isn't optimal. Left shirt cuff wasn't buttoned, that's why it hangs out. But I think you get the impression... Thanks a lot!post #2017 of 32269/13/11 at 9:44ampost #2018 of 32269/13/11 at 10:51ampost #2019 of 32269/13/11 at 2:56pmVulcan – I think you measured too far down your shoulder. See how it dimples under the seam? To me that means the fabric is hanging over where your arms come out.
Durban – the jacket doesn’t cover your butt, which is what a lot of people use as a traditional measuring point. If you want a younger/hipster look then it’s fine. I agree to taper the leg more. Is it too big at the waist? Looks like the whole thigh area is too big.post #2020 of 32269/13/11 at 6:53pm
I love the internet and believe eventually we'll be able to acquire damn near anything using it. Figured I would continue my exploration and ordered a MTM suit online. Would like some feedback on the jacket fit, the pants aren't great, but Indochino have already acknowledged that it needs a remake. I can't figure out what to do about the jacket. I know the bulge/wrinkles on the lower back is caused my by squatter's ass, is there anything to be done about it? Can an average tailor correct it? I look fat in the suit, but I'm not, anything to be done about that? I tried pulling it tighter at the waist, but I found my movement restricted.
I keep wanting to scream 'Hammer-Time", when I look at those pants! I know the pants look huge, but I can't sit in them without fear of the thighs splitting.
For me the greatest asset of any company is how they treat their customers after the sale, so far Indochino has been top notch. In reading the thread, it seems to me that the biggest problem with the suits (besides the fit issues) is that customers have an unrealistic expectation of what they can expect. I don't believe there that at least using current technology, i.e untrained people making measurements and sending them in, will result in a perfect fit the first time out ( I know there have been a few, but they are the exception). However I feel that if the customer goes into the process understanding the limitations of the process, they can achieve an acceptable if not perfect product.
I think the process needs to simplified so that the average person can easily convey what changes need to be made. Despite having to redo the suit, I am enjoying the process and look forward to a favourable result...if possible.post #2021 of 32269/13/11 at 9:27pmpost #2022 of 32269/13/11 at 10:03pmvulcan -
Shoulders def too big. What's your height and what are the shoulder measurements you've given IC? The jacket looks ok other than that. After three remakes how did you still end up with those way too big shoulders?
Pants look too wide in the thighs and maybe hips.
Waist is a bit too small that's why it causes all the wrinkling at the low back. Jacket hips might be a touch small. Jacket length a touch short. The shoulders look good where they meet the sleeves but something across the upper back is too tight cause the lines.
Pant hips too wide and length a bit long I think.post #2023 of 32269/14/11 at 6:40am
I'm 5'2 with a stocky build. Shoulder measurement was 16.75". The pants I'm wearing is actually the 2nd remake. I thought the same thing about the pants and took in the hips and legs by 1/2". However I found this to be too restrictive, especially when sitting down. It may just be my thick legs, but it seems to look ok when I'm moving around.post #2024 of 32269/14/11 at 7:35ampost #2025 of 32269/14/11 at 8:01am
I'm assuming that was directed at me. Here's a quick retouch and I see what you mean. Can I assume that the lowered button stance would reduce the space between my torso and the jacket, so it doesn't look like i have a gut? Secondly, what about the wrinkles in the lower back? Would increasing the waist, free up the fabric so it flows better?
- Indochino suits?
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 9 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 28 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 8 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...