Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/6/14 at 10:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Indochino suits? - Page 134post #1996 of 32378/24/11 at 2:11pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1997 of 32378/24/11 at 2:19pmJust saw on Facebook that Indochino is running a giveaway with Mulholland Brothers, Sheaffer and Forgetful Gentleman. Prize looks pretty good - an Indochino suit, leather duffel, sterling silver pen and a set of personalized letterpress stationery. http://www.facebook.com/indochino?sk=app_28134323652post #1998 of 32378/28/11 at 4:11pmpost #1999 of 32378/28/11 at 4:54pmQuote:
MTM at a tailor with multiple fittings is probably the best way to go; seems like having that perfect desired fit is extremely tough with online MTM, particularly for suits, as there are so many variables.post #2000 of 32378/29/11 at 4:13pmpost #2001 of 32378/29/11 at 11:25pm
If it's your first suit and you have sufficient budget, try a made-to-measure store in real life.Quote:
Most of them are regular fit so unless you live in US, you will find these online suits are baggy. Some of my friend in fashion industry said that regular fit is getting more and more attention, let's wait for it.post #2002 of 32379/1/11 at 9:54pmpost #2003 of 32379/1/11 at 10:27pmYou know what, on second thought...I'd rather just buy a suit from Zara and get it tailored down here in Vancouver at that place near Oakridge. I mean I read so much crap about Indochino that I am wondering if I should even bother.
They have these ads with these famous athletes getting fitted for suits, yeah...they are getting fitted and tailored in person rather than typing in their measurements, so duh yeah it looks good on them.
Screw it. I might try buying smaller things from them, like maybe a blazer and see how that goes, but a full suit, not now. Can't afford to get one and have it look like crap a few weeks before my cousin's wedding.post #2004 of 32379/2/11 at 4:13ampost #2005 of 32379/9/11 at 7:25pmpost #2006 of 32379/10/11 at 2:08amQuote:
Looks pretty good ! Jacket looks a bit short in the front but ok in the back - I'd probably still add 1 inch. Shoulders are definitely a bit too big, hard to tell just from the picture by how much exactly, but around 0.5 inch perhaps.post #2007 of 32379/10/11 at 5:30amQuote:
Pictures aren't great, but the jacket looks okay. There something weird going on at the back and there's divots, but it looks passable overall.
The waistcoat, on the other hand, is way too short; you should not be able to see your shirt between the waistcoat and trousers.post #2008 of 32379/10/11 at 1:09pmIt's hard to tell in the photos, but it looks like you may need to let out a few places at the back. It seems there's waves on the upper back (which will happen if you have high shoulders) and that may then also make the shoulders look poor. You may also need to let it out near your hips. Again, hard to tell, since it's difficult to make out the shadows.post #2009 of 32379/10/11 at 6:12pmpost #2010 of 32379/11/11 at 5:36amQuote:
It should not be pulling anywhere. Unfortunately these pics show the fit to be worse than was apparent in the previous ones. The ripples across the upper back are because it is too tight across the upper back, decreasing the shoulders alone will not help, if anything it would make it worse. It is also too small around the hips making the vents flair, and it looks at least an inch too short, but that might only be because of wearing jeans (worn lower) and no shoes.
- Indochino suits?
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Indy Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 15 minutes ago
- › Should I buy a full canvassed suit for the sole reason that I don't... 18 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 18 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 18 minutes ago
- › WTB: The Armoury Ascot Chang Long sleeved Polo Sz Small 19 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...