Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? Last post on 11/6/14 at 10:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Clothes and Perception Last post on 2/24/15 at 1:08pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 3/10/15 at 10:20am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Indochino suits? - Page 134post #1996 of 32268/24/11 at 2:11pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1997 of 32268/24/11 at 2:19pmJust saw on Facebook that Indochino is running a giveaway with Mulholland Brothers, Sheaffer and Forgetful Gentleman. Prize looks pretty good - an Indochino suit, leather duffel, sterling silver pen and a set of personalized letterpress stationery. http://www.facebook.com/indochino?sk=app_28134323652post #1998 of 32268/28/11 at 4:11pmpost #1999 of 32268/28/11 at 4:54pmQuote:
MTM at a tailor with multiple fittings is probably the best way to go; seems like having that perfect desired fit is extremely tough with online MTM, particularly for suits, as there are so many variables.post #2000 of 32268/29/11 at 4:13pmpost #2001 of 32268/29/11 at 11:25pm
If it's your first suit and you have sufficient budget, try a made-to-measure store in real life.Quote:
Most of them are regular fit so unless you live in US, you will find these online suits are baggy. Some of my friend in fashion industry said that regular fit is getting more and more attention, let's wait for it.post #2002 of 32269/1/11 at 9:54pmpost #2003 of 32269/1/11 at 10:27pmYou know what, on second thought...I'd rather just buy a suit from Zara and get it tailored down here in Vancouver at that place near Oakridge. I mean I read so much crap about Indochino that I am wondering if I should even bother.
They have these ads with these famous athletes getting fitted for suits, yeah...they are getting fitted and tailored in person rather than typing in their measurements, so duh yeah it looks good on them.
Screw it. I might try buying smaller things from them, like maybe a blazer and see how that goes, but a full suit, not now. Can't afford to get one and have it look like crap a few weeks before my cousin's wedding.post #2004 of 32269/2/11 at 4:13ampost #2005 of 32269/9/11 at 7:25pmpost #2006 of 32269/10/11 at 2:08amQuote:
Looks pretty good ! Jacket looks a bit short in the front but ok in the back - I'd probably still add 1 inch. Shoulders are definitely a bit too big, hard to tell just from the picture by how much exactly, but around 0.5 inch perhaps.post #2007 of 32269/10/11 at 5:30amQuote:
Pictures aren't great, but the jacket looks okay. There something weird going on at the back and there's divots, but it looks passable overall.
The waistcoat, on the other hand, is way too short; you should not be able to see your shirt between the waistcoat and trousers.post #2008 of 32269/10/11 at 1:09pmIt's hard to tell in the photos, but it looks like you may need to let out a few places at the back. It seems there's waves on the upper back (which will happen if you have high shoulders) and that may then also make the shoulders look poor. You may also need to let it out near your hips. Again, hard to tell, since it's difficult to make out the shadows.post #2009 of 32269/10/11 at 6:12pmpost #2010 of 32269/11/11 at 5:36amQuote:
It should not be pulling anywhere. Unfortunately these pics show the fit to be worse than was apparent in the previous ones. The ripples across the upper back are because it is too tight across the upper back, decreasing the shoulders alone will not help, if anything it would make it worse. It is also too small around the hips making the vents flair, and it looks at least an inch too short, but that might only be because of wearing jeans (worn lower) and no shoes.
- Indochino suits?
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 58 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Balmain Homme fw11 "Decarnin" A2 Leather Jacket. size 44 (XS) 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Must See Documentaries 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...