or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Indochino suits?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Indochino suits? - Page 125

post #1861 of 3209
Hey everyone, I'm looking to order an Indochino suit in the near future, and I'm choosing between the Essential Charcoal Suit and the Timeless Charcoal Three Piece Suit. Am I essentially paying an extra $50 for the vest? Or does anyone know of any other differences?
post #1862 of 3209
^ Maybe it's just me, but the Essential Charcoal suit looks like it might be a shade darker than the Timeless 3-piece. But other than that, it seems like they're pretty much the same, with the $50 extra for the vest like you said. Seems like a pretty good deal, since if you buy a vest by itself on Indochino it costs $99. I actually just ordered the Timeless 3-piece last week, so I'll post pics and a review here once I get it. Hopefully in about 2 weeks from now.
post #1863 of 3209
Out of the box... left shirt sleeve not showing is an abberation - any strangeness in the crotch area is due to movement (2 second timer on the camera). Shirt sleeves are probably a 1/2 inch too long, but it's not an indochino shirt. Also the tie is obviously done too long. My bad, I was in a rush. Fits well, jacket length could probably be increased by 1/2 inch or so, and the trousers could be have a 1/2 inch added around the thigh. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the fit, and have gotten plenty of compliments.
post #1864 of 3209
^ looks pretty good straight out of the box.
post #1865 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
^ looks pretty good straight out of the box.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with it. Hopefully I can dial in the measurements for the next one and it will be even better. I was extremely careful with the measurements (had another person measure for me twice over), and I think their suits naturally fit better for people with my build as compared to those that may have a different body type/shape.
post #1866 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
Out of the box...

left shirt sleeve not showing is an abberation - any strangeness in the crotch area is due to movement (2 second timer on the camera). Shirt sleeves are probably a 1/2 inch too long, but it's not an indochino shirt. Also the tie is obviously done too long. My bad, I was in a rush.

Fits well, jacket length could probably be increased by 1/2 inch or so, and the trousers could be have a 1/2 inch added around the thigh. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the fit, and have gotten plenty of compliments.

I agree with your adjustment assessments. Maybe a smidge narrower in the shoulders. The button stance looks a tad high. How is the top button compared to your belly button?
post #1867 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post
I agree with your adjustment assessments. Maybe a smidge narrower in the shoulders. The button stance looks a tad high. How is the top button compared to your belly button?

You are correct on the button stance - it is a bit high. It's not quite as bad as the photo makes it look however (the angle creates a bit of an optical illusion). It sits about 1.5in above my belly button - a bit higher than I like.

A little narrower in the shoulders would probably be a good idea too.
post #1868 of 3209
Nevertheless, this is one of the better IC firsttime results I've seen. Well done.
post #1869 of 3209
Arsenal - looks really good for a first try. I agree with your suggestions for the jacket length and thigh measurement. And like some others have said the button stance does look a little on the high side. I think lengthening the jacket a bit may bring down the button stance slightly too.

My Timeless Charcoal 3-piece is on its way now, I should get it by Friday. I'll post any updates here as soon as I get it. Hopefully it turns out as good as my Associate 3-piece.
post #1870 of 3209
This Friday? I ordered the Associate over two weeks ago and I haven't heard thing since.
post #1871 of 3209
I actually placed my order on May 4th, so it will be about 3 weeks from start to finish, which is a little faster than when I ordered my Associate.
post #1872 of 3209
If anyone is interested, I still have a $150 Groupon for Indochino, which I'm willing to part with for $75. Send me a PM if you're interested.
post #1873 of 3209
^ Where were you when I placed my order 2 1/2 weeks ago!
post #1874 of 3209
I also have a $150 living social deal that I do not expect to use by the expiration date (June 8th). I had another one which I used to get an Essential Charcoal suit, which is probably worth what I paid but not much more. Fabric is only OK, its much darker than I would like, and the fit is not anything special. When I took it to my tailor to get altered, she chuckled "ah, indochino, my old friend. Can you return it?"
post #1875 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhaze View Post
If anyone is interested, I still have a $150 Groupon for Indochino, which I'm willing to part with for $75. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Don't try to profit off a stinkin' Groupon from fellow SF members! Those things only cost $50 to buy!!

If you can't use it, simply sell it for the $50 you paid for it and be done with it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Indochino suits?