or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › With personal obligations aside, where do you really want to live?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

With personal obligations aside, where do you really want to live? - Page 2

post #16 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
I've also considered London as well, I have British heritage, love the history and overall style of the city.

JB

I've been to London a couple of times, overall it's a nice place but life moves so fast there, it's a proper rat race. I prefer a more easy going place myself.
post #17 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Oh this is great! I'm actually taking a trip there this summer... so this helps a lot, thanks!

Your more than welcome mate. Like I said it's a fantastic place, plus Edinburgh is in the central belt of Scotland, so your no more than 30 minutes drive from St Andrews, Stirling(Braveheart thing) or Glasgow.
post #18 of 124
I'd live in Cape Cod. My wife has a cabin on a lake there that we visit once a year, and it's a dream every time. I'd spend the rest of my days smoking a pipe and reading books in a creaky rocking chair on a screened porch, watching over my son playing in the water and wife digging her toes in the sand.

I'm also enthralled with Moby Dick right now, so maybe I'd pick Nantucket Island.
post #19 of 124
I'd chose either Geneva, Lisbon or SF.
All of those are great cities with distinct advantages of their own but most importantly the possibility to do some sailing.
post #20 of 124
I just wish I could afford where I am now (see NY housing thread)...seriously though, I have some weird fascination with Scandanavia...never been there...no family there but it seems nice. Of course I do love watches and chocolate, proximity to rest of Europe doesn't hurt.
post #21 of 124
I think for the near future (after I get my MBA), I would like to live in Manhattan.

Jon.
post #22 of 124
Vienna.
post #23 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
I've been to London a couple of times, overall it's a nice place but life moves so fast there, it's a proper rat race. I prefer a more easy going place myself.

I agree. It is a fast paced place. Also expensive too - like NYCity expensive. The museums are quite neat. So is the Underground; as I am a subway buff.
post #24 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustapha View Post
I agree. It is a fast paced place. Also expensive too - like NYCity expensive. The museums are quite neat. So is the Underground; as I am a subway buff.

FCUK baby
post #25 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musselma View Post
And to contribute, I don't really want to settle down anywhere; I've always enjoyed moving and the excitement that comes with learning your way around new places, meeting knew people and experiencing new cultures.
+1. I lived in the SF area for a year and it was difficult. Anytime I had to get on a freeway to run the simplest errand, it was at least 2 hours out of my life. Maybe now as a divorced bachelor it would be easier...
post #26 of 124
I have never been, but I would like to live in Vermont, Seattle, and Vancouver. I have always been told that the former two are the best cities in North America.

Aside from that, I would love to live on a space station!
post #27 of 124
Chicago.

World class restaurants
World class museums
2 pro ball teams (Go Cubs!), NFL and arena league teams, NBA team, NHL team (and whatever the wolves are)
Tons of gorgeous women
Tons of dancing (with said gorgeous women)
Good job market
Good public transportation system (to let me work downtown but live out in suburbs)
Good shopping

Etc.
post #28 of 124
On a farm in Central PA. Wonderful climate.

On the top of a highrise in Manhattan. With a rooftop garden and smoking area under the trees.
post #29 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by etp777 View Post
Chicago.

World class restaurants
World class museums
2 pro ball teams (Go Cubs!), NFL and arena league teams, NBA team, NHL team (and whatever the wolves are)
Tons of gorgeous women
Tons of dancing (with said gorgeous women)
Good job market
Good public transportation system (to let me work downtown but live out in suburbs)
Good shopping

Etc.

Just two things to consider

1) Cubs SUCK!
2) those gorgeous women are covered up for about 1/3 of the year cause it's so goddamned cold up here!
post #30 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Vienna.

Because fritzl lives there?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › With personal obligations aside, where do you really want to live?