or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What's the most ridiculous thing you've bought on impulse?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's the most ridiculous thing you've bought on impulse?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Net shopping, secondhand flash deals, and deep sales -- the opportunity to spend a lot of money without thinking has never been more present.

What's are some of the most ridiculous impulse purchases people have made? Was alcohol involved? Anyone end a weeklong bender with a CCP scar stitch??
post #2 of 14

This is sad.

post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

Net shopping, secondhand flash deals, and deep sales -- the opportunity to spend a lot of money without thinking has never been more present.

What's are some of the most ridiculous impulse purchases people have made? Was alcohol involved? Anyone end a weeklong bender with a CCP scar stitch??

I only wish.

 

I got a pair of Guidi boots, but I had been wanting them anyway, and I wear them all the time, so... not so crazy?

 

I got my wife a woven leather handbag that was probably silly priced.  It is really nice though.

post #4 of 14
Came across a Margiela 92-93 "Dolls Wardrobe" mens chunky knit. They made them with the same measurements as the original dolls clothes just increased by x% in every proportion. Love the history behind it, but inherently its somewhat non anatomical. I might get it framed or displayed in some way...
post #5 of 14
A pair of ratty sheepskin flight pants. In full possession of my faculties.
post #6 of 14

I'd love to see pics of this

post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBaker View Post

Came across a Margiela 92-93 "Dolls Wardrobe" mens chunky knit. They made them with the same measurements as the original dolls clothes just increased by x% in every proportion. Love the history behind it, but inherently its somewhat non anatomical. I might get it framed or displayed in some way...

^

post #8 of 14
yeah is it anything like this one with snap/fake buttons ?


post #9 of 14
A deer bone to rub on my shoe.
post #10 of 14
but what does it do ?
post #11 of 14
You mean actually? Nothing. You just feel like a dummy rubbing a $25 deer bone that you bought over the internet on your shoe.

It's *supposed* to help shine up shell cordovan.

But nope. First rub and a sense of self awareness washes over you. Then you realize you're a dummy.

post #12 of 14
Just impulse bought this RO leather, which I believe is from the 2008 'Creatch' collection. I've been trying to find for the past...5 years? Never thought I would.

I'm on blood thinners, so no alcohol involved. Some serious insomnia, though, and some doubts as to whether it will fit seeing as how it's billed as an M and my only other RO jacket is a size 50. OTOH, I'm at my lowest weight since high school, so...maybe?

post #13 of 14

optimism. never again.

post #14 of 14
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipang View Post

yeah is it anything like this one with snap/fake buttons ?




It is the shawl collar sweater on the bottom row. The wool is also basically 'hard', its got a crunch to it thats not terribly pleasant. The sleeves are like bell bottom pants. Hourglass waist suppression. Thought it would be fun in a 'Cozy' way, and no it is not.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What's the most ridiculous thing you've bought on impulse?