Decided to join here after a while of using it for advice and learning. Much thanks. Now I have a specific question: I found a seller of a Kiton Suit - likely very old because it is triple pleated and no vents in the back - for $200. This was found on the Canadian site Kijiji. I picked it up because it is a $200 bet and the guy did offer to give money back should I not like what I received in the mail.
Why I think it's real?
- The material is heavy duty wool (very warm) & has a very interesting design with subtle orange threading. The picture doesn't do it justice.
- The cut is rather nice, although I must get it altered a small bit. I already sent it to a tailor highly regarded in Calgary.
- It moves wonderfully and fits my full chest nicely. I work out and this is a challenge for me to find a suit that can match my contour. +1 for ergonomics.
- It has a Harry Rosen label, material indicator, and nice interior with sweat guards, Kiton lining...
- The button holes I had checked by a friend who stitches and they are indeed hand done and very nice.
Why I am hesitant?
- It is in fantastic condition. Maybe not used too much.
- It feels too good to be true to get a $7,000 suit @ $200, even if it is older. That doesn't mean it is impossible.
- I like to consider myself a healthy skeptic.
- I have only heard of Kiton suits, but never had one in my hands.
Here are pictures. What do you think? Did Rixon make a good bet?
Look forward to your thoughts. I hope I placed this on the correct forum.
P.S. I'm learning this now because I am newer in my career and cannot afford to get too crazy with clothing prices.
Edited by Rixon - 8/24/16 at 7:03pm