Big ups to @zxcvb for hosting the previous challenge, much appreciated.
Creativity comes from constraint and this challenge's constraint is budgetary.
We occasionally get the odd dingus coming into the forum complaining that their fit got no thumbs because they aren't wearing the right "brands". I believe this is a bogus line of thinking and I would like for y'all to prove it.
I understand that this is a forum dedicated to fashion, but it is called styleforum, not fashionforum, right? I think "Gangbanged by the Mr. Porter newsletter" is generally less cool than head-to-toe-qlo if the latter is skillfully executed.
1. No designer clothing. No MMM, no Schnieder, no Rick Owens, no Visvim, etc. If you have to ask, it's probably not allowed.
2. Shoes - No CP, no Alden, no Viberg, no baller nothing.
3. Sales - I don't care if those GATs were 98% off, they're not allowed. Think MSRP
4. Voting begins in two weeks - JULY 20th.
1. VINTAGE/THRIFTED/DIY - I think this is where things can really be stepped up a notch. Bit of a grey area with thrifted brands. I trust your judgement, but PM or post any questions you might have ITT.
2. Mall shit - Uniqlo, Gap, Zara, etc. J Crew, Club Monaco tier is gonna be about the max allowed (no collab loopholes ie, TenC, Golden Bear, Alden, etc)
3. Footwear - Sneakers will be easy - Nike, Adidas, Converse, etc. Leather shoes/boots - Docs, Clarks...?
4. Doesn't have to be a WAYWT. Weather might not be cooperating, so feel free to just throw some stuff on, take a pic, and change. That said, mirror shots will be frowned upon, as usual!
5. Bonus points for polos :D
I take pictures of things for a living and the winner will be mailed five postcard sized, unframed prints of my photos. Also, maybe some such Vancouver-type thing. I'll think of something fun eventually, but there will definitely be prizes!
Actually, I don't really have any. Please PM me if you have any saved/bookmarked. In the meantime, I buzzed through WAYWT and grabbed some recent officially dope fits that could be conceivably comprised of entry-level shit;
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It might be more difficult for some, but I think we should all be able to put something together, so I'm expecting all of you certified cool dudes to participate. Even you, @RegisDB9 I know you have some Abercrombie tucked away somewhere!
So dust off those basics, hit up some thrift shops, bust out that sewing machine, and let's do it!
Edited by basil rathbone - 7/6/16 at 12:00am