or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The Family Of A Fallen Brother
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

#ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The Family Of A Fallen Brother - Page 9

post #121 of 263




post #122 of 263
Guys, I am not a seller but would like to purchase to contribute. However, when I search eBay for #forbrian, I get only 111 results. I thought there ought to be more, didn't Spoo say 400 auctions? Am I doing it wrong? (For what it's worth, I am a green eBay buyer and in Canada, perhaps some of you have settings that don't allow me to view/bid). Thanks. And many thanks for what you're doing, of course... nod[1].gif
post #123 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post

And of course my scheduled event in garage sale didn't start for some reason and I'm not going to be home for an hour or so to fix it

Apparently my backup card that was on file had expired. I had been ignoring the messages because I hadn't used that card in so long, I assumed it was just a random expiring card. All fixed and auction is live now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322176571292
post #124 of 263
@Ebichuman I see 132 and going up every time I check. I'm in the States so shouldn't be blocked.

And kudos to all, there's amazing goods on display.
post #125 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebichuman View Post

Guys, I am not a seller but would like to purchase to contribute. However, when I search eBay for #forbrian, I get only 111 results. I thought there ought to be more, didn't Spoo say 400 auctions? Am I doing it wrong? (For what it's worth, I am a green eBay buyer and in Canada, perhaps some of you have settings that don't allow me to view/bid). Thanks. And many thanks for what you're doing, of course... nod[1].gif


Browse away!
http://www.ebay.com/cln/the-seam-store/ForBrian/311834420010?rmvSB=true&ul_ref=http%253A%252F%252Frover.ebay.com%252Frover%252F1%252F711-53200-19255-0%252F1%253Fff3%253D4%2526toolid%253D11800%2526pub%253D5575180373%2526campid%253D5337892055%2526mpre%253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.ebay.com%25252Fcln%25252Fthe-seam-store%25252FForBrian%25252F311834420010%2526srcrot%253D711-53200-19255-0%2526rvr_id%253D1055195597523
post #126 of 263
Tagged a size small, but the chest size is ~42. It is a very generous small for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Holy cow, that RLPL coat is gorgeous! Its a 42 S?
Yes, please - I would love if someone did to let me know.

@Claghorn any help?
post #127 of 263
I'm sorry I didn't get this earlier, but in my endeavors with Best of B&S I've linked here with my latest post (and will do so for the next couple of weeks) + added it to my sig. Here's hoping I can help drum up both some seller participation as well as steer some buyers in too.
post #128 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebichuman View Post

Guys, I am not a seller but would like to purchase to contribute. However, when I search eBay for #forbrian, I get only 111 results. I thought there ought to be more, didn't Spoo say 400 auctions? Am I doing it wrong? (For what it's worth, I am a green eBay buyer and in Canada, perhaps some of you have settings that don't allow me to view/bid). Thanks. And many thanks for what you're doing, of course... nod[1].gif

I think 111 items is pretty damn good. I never met Brian. I never had a conversation with him via PM that I can remember, and I imagine that's true for several others here - yet people still donated very nice items to honor him and his family because Brian was part of a community within a community here. I'd be floored if a bunch of people I never met in person were willing to give away 111 items they spent time and money acquiring, just to help out my family. I know you didn't mean it that way, but let's not lose sight of the fact that it's pretty remarkable the way people came together for him regardless of whether it's 111 or 400 items.
post #129 of 263
@Suited you're absolutely right, this is a heart warming initiative and that's why I wanted to participate. My comment was only related to making sure I am viewing all the auctions/offers available.
post #130 of 263
I gotcha. I didn't hear the 400 rumor, so I was surprised to see 111 (I think it's 136 now). I was expecting maybe a couple dozen.
post #131 of 263
Thread Starter 
Morning guys -

I have to say, I am floored by the participation here. Its exceeded any expectations I had and Im most appreciative to you all for it!

To clarify the above, it should be 130 something auctions #forbrian - the 400 auctions I was mentioning in my post was all the listings that I had sent up last night, not just exclusively those for him.

Now lets get the bids rolling!

If you've participated in selling something here for this, once the auctions end next Sunday, please contact me at luxeswap@gmail.com and Ill send you next steps on how to properly allocate the proceeds.
post #132 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Morning guys -

I have to say, I am floored by the participation here. Its exceeded any expectations I had and Im most appreciative to you all for it!

To clarify the above, it should be 130 something auctions #forbrian - the 400 auctions I was mentioning in my post was all the listings that I had sent up last night, not just exclusively those for him.

Now lets get the bids rolling!

If you've participated in selling something here for this, once the auctions end next Sunday, please contact me at luxeswap@gmail.com and Ill send you next steps on how to properly allocate the proceeds.


Thanks for taking the lead on this. Quick question, I didn't get a chance to list all my items last night, got called out to fix a broken AC at a property I manage. I could either list them today and have them end on the 11th, or I could list them Sunday and make them a 7 day auction. Do you see any advantage of doing it one way over the other? My inclination is to list them today and do a full 10 days auction, but if it adds more work on your end I can do the 7 day route.

post #133 of 263
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bon Vivant Life View Post


Thanks for taking the lead on this. Quick question, I didn't get a chance to list all my items last night, got called out to fix a broken AC at a property I manage. I could either list them today and have them end on the 11th, or I could list them Sunday and make them a 7 day auction. Do you see any advantage of doing it one way over the other? My inclination is to list them today and do a full 10 days auction, but if it adds more work on your end I can do the 7 day route.

No extra work for me. Id list as you please, but try and do it soon as I think the PTO list is coming out in about 20 minutes or so and we should have a spot in there!
post #134 of 263
Thread Starter 
post #135 of 263
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The Family Of A Fallen Brother