I am thinking:
- textured dark navy fabric, like a fresco with a more open weave
- quarter lined, practically no lining
- standard single breast, notch lapel
- 3 roll 2 with brass buttons (my tailor is pushing me to 2 button only because the third button will pull down the lapel... true?)
- soft shoulder with no padding (I have pretty strong shoulders, but should I add a little padding for sharper lines with the formal dark navy color?)
- 3 patch pockets
- open quarters, double vents
- 3 brass buttons on functioning sleeves
I can't seem to find the right fabric, though. My tailor had a book of Smith frescos that still seemed a bit plain and didn't convey enough texture to me.
What fabrics have people liked for textured navy blazers?
Any other suggestions on the details?